Search results

1. catama

MAC 225 and 240 Output Tube Rolling

I like the TAD 6L6GC tubes in my 240
  2. catama

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

I want to close this thread by showing all of you the magnificent job Carl did on my broken case. My MA5100 is safely and beautifully ensconced in its new home and I have been listening to and staring at it since I got it home. I swear it sounds better with the restored case. Carl, true...
  3. catama

Sensational!!! It doesn’t get better than this.
  4. catama

Thank you! I am thrilled!
  5. catama

OMG!! This is beyond a fix. This is a masterful restoration by a master! Carl, you really are incredible! Thank you!
  6. catama

Thank you for your thoughts on this issue. The tech in question has repaired a number of items for me in the past with outstanding results: an AR XA TT, a MC240 amp, a C32 preamp, the MA 5100 that was in the dropped case, and an MX110 preamp. He is a sole proprietor and local for me. We have a...
  7. catama

I agree. Carl is doing an amazing job for me. Not sure how I’m going to handle the tech. Still deciding.
  8. catama

WOW! Carl, I can’t thank you enough, buddy.
  9. catama

T Thanks. Can't say what exactly happened, but it could have been dropped or forced. No way to know for sure.
  10. catama

Wow Carl, that would be awesome. I will send you my contact info via PM
  11. catama

Very likely. The amp was firmly in place when I dropped it off, so I doubt very much that it "fell apart".
  12. catama

I believe you are correct, although the tech said it “came apart” on him. I’ve got a good lead on someone who can fix this for me and I will be hitting the tech up to pay for it. We’ll see.
  13. catama

Thanks for the ID
  14. catama

Here are the photos The top was pulled off, the panlock mounting on one side was ripped out.
  15. catama

PM sent
  16. catama

I’ll post pics tomorrow morning. Dropped it off and tech called to say amp fixed, but case came apart. Looked to me like he may have forced it to get the amp out. Thanks for the reply.
  17. catama

Shouting out to see if anyone knows of someone in the SF Bay Area that could repair a broken L12 cabinet for a reasonable cost. I took my MA 5100 to a local repair shop and the tech broke the cabinet when removing the amp from it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  18. catama

A Simple System for the New Year

Thanks! I am really enjoying this pure analog experience.
  19. catama

A Simple System for the New Year

MA 5100 integrated amp, Thorens TD 125 MKII TT and Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers. Simple, but breathtaking sound. A great start to the New Year!!
  20. catama

Tube preamp and a solid state power amp

Not a problem. I’ve had that combo many times: McIntosh MC240 tube amp and C32 preamp, for example. I found the resulting sound to be quite good. The other way also works.
  21. catama

Discovering Steve Miller

Thank you! On a quest now.
  22. catama

Discovering Steve Miller

That’s what struck me about the record. I knew he was a rocker and have some memory of the radio hits which I largely ignored, but there was very sophisticated playing on this record. I want to hear more.
  23. catama

Discovering Steve Miller

I’m 72 and arriving late to the party. Found an old Steve Miller record - Recall the beginning…A Journey from Eden - buried among my records that I pulled out and played today. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is and how well recorded. I never really got in to Steve Miller when I was...
  24. catama

Possible deal on MC275 in Sf Bay Area

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/san-jose-mcintosh-275-sansui-qrx-900/7700587228.html If this is not a scam, someone should jump on it. No connection to the poster. Saw it this morning when I was surfing.
  25. catama

Galion integrated tube amp

Thank you! Very enlightening.
Back
Top Bottom