Search results

1. dsd-7

RIP Terry DeWick

Just read this sad news, as I'm not on AK as often these days. Wow, I was just this morning listening to a McIntosh MX110Z that Terry restored some 15 years ago. What a loss to the vintage McIntosh community. Man o' man... Condolences to his family during this tough time. Rest in Peace...
  2. dsd-7

Terry DeWick Retiring In Two Years!!

He was such a wonderful guy and amazing technician. Just this morning, I was just listening to my McIntosh MX110Z that he restored, some 15 years ago. Man o' man... I'm sad to read this news.
  3. dsd-7

NHT 3.3 vs 2.9 vs 2.5i

I don't even remember what I replaced them with, to be honest. I've been through so many pairs of speakers since then. Possibly might have replaced them with my Green Mountain Audio Chroma HX's, which I do still have. However the speakers are nothing alike. Have fun with your 3.3's! They do...
  4. dsd-7

NHT 3.3 vs 2.9 vs 2.5i

No I did not. I sold my NHT 2.5i's years ago.
  5. dsd-7

MC30 pre amp recommendations

My ideal recommendation with MC30’s would be an MX110Z or an original C22. In my personal opinion, the synergy between these units is so wonderful, when all have been restored properly. Here are some pics of mine…
  6. dsd-7

MC275 MKVI tube identification

Thank you very much for the info :)
  7. dsd-7

MC275 MKVI tube identification

Thanks for making this diagram. Which of the input tubes would be most important for tube rolling to vary the sound?
  8. dsd-7

MC 2125 meters dark in center

Oh yes, the original meter boxes on my MC2125 have became so fragile. When trying to change the factory bulbs the other day, the boxes were cracking badly. So I've contacted member "clinic-audio" about some new meter boxes. Note the pictures at the beginning of this thread...those look very...
  9. dsd-7

I’d love to know the original universal gel numbers. My goal is to bring the meters back to their original color. I’d go LED’s, but I just don’t know which ones to get. I’ve heard stories of people buying the wrong ones, having to solder, being too bright, etc. I’m open to suggestions, just need...
  10. dsd-7

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like I need to use those bulbs. Do you happen to know a part number or link for these lower current bulbs? I may as well get new gel/gels while I’m at this too. Anyone know the color combos used to get the blue/green factory look? Mine are NOT burned out brownish in...
  11. dsd-7

Thank you
  12. dsd-7

Are you talking about member “Patrice B”? I also need a pair of meter housings. The factory housings in my amp are so brittle.
  13. dsd-7

How good is the C2200?

I love my MX110Z. Congrats on yours! Does It add coloration to the music? Yes. Is is the last word in clarity, transparency and refinement? No. But man is it fun! It really warms up the sound of my records, and I love it. It’s very pleasant to listen to all day with my Klipschorns and MC30’s...
  14. dsd-7

Mcintosh meter question... helping a stranger help his dad

I wonder what is going on here? Seems like a dead short to me somewhere in the circuit. Maybe something going on with the power supply? Just guessing. Is he going to take it in for a service? That's what I would recommend.
  15. dsd-7

Vintage 5.0 is an A+ member!

I just wanted to say that Vintage 5.0 is a highly valued member to our community here on AK. I am in the process of downsizing some of my gear and purchased his Burson Audio PI-160 to replace my big Sansui AU 20000. It was packed bulletproof and shipped extremely fast. It was such a pleasant...
  16. dsd-7

Sansui vintage choice, help

Wonderful purchase, congrats. I’m sure it sounds great. If down the road you have any interest in the big boy, Sansui AU20000, I am offering mine up for sale. It’s wonderful, just need to sell it as we have our second child on the way. I can’t keep everything. If not, enjoy your new unit and...
  17. dsd-7

Quicksilver Audio releases 1st integrated amp

I would also love to hear more about this integrated. Looks quite nice. I used to own QS gear in the past and still have the Full Function preamp. Great stuff.
  18. dsd-7

its people like dsd-7 who make Bartertown a great place!!

You are most welcome. Thanks for the purchase and positive feedback. That numbered Doors box set is really special and will surely increase in value over the years. Enjoy!
  19. dsd-7

Considering the Threshold 400A...

I have a Threshold 400a, late Cascode version that I recently had recapped/rebuilt by Jon Soderberg. Wow, and I thought the amp sounded good before...now it sounds just beautiful. Highly recommend his work. Not cheap, but definitely worth it!
  20. dsd-7

dsd-7 = the best

Why thanks Grant. It was my pleasure. It was very nice meeting you, and I hope you enjoy the speakers! You are always welcome at our place; come back anytime my friend. Appreciate the good feedback. -David
  21. dsd-7

Good Pre for Quicksilver 8417 mono amps

Yea I agree. I have a new pair of Mike Sanders Mono 120 amps. Wonderful, transparent sound signature. Very holographic sound, and bass control that is unreal for tube amplification. Love my amps. QS gear is great value.
  22. dsd-7

Good Pre for Quicksilver 8417 mono amps

I would personally recommend Quicksilver preamps, especially when using their amps. Mike Sanders makes great gear at reasonable prices. Good luck with your search.
  23. dsd-7

Tube rolling Quicksilver preamp

Hi Randy, I have the same preamp and would love to hear others suggestions as well. I currently use a pair of Amperex gold pin 6922's that sound really nice. My preamp is still burning in though, as it is brand new. So a little early for me to to give overall impressions. However the Amperex...
  24. dsd-7

Audiokarma has a new look and feel

Man I agree with you. I much prefer the other style layout.
  25. dsd-7

Good experience with byoungman1

I've purchased tubes on two different occasions from byoungman1. Bryce is a great guy and describes tubes perfectly. Pleasure to do business with and love the tubes. Thanks man! :music:
Back
Top Bottom