Search results

1. R

Legit Source for MPSu52 Transistor

I have used American Microsemi for oddball non-audio ICs in the past and have never had any issues.
  2. R

Rotel?

I'm a pretty big fan of that Rotel, too... If you want to see what the audio folks are up to these days try rotel.com Al
  3. R

Rotel?

I have an rx150a. It's basically the same unit as the rx150 except with a much prettier face plate. Also some, but not all RX150As have a tape monitor switch where the stereo/mono switch was on the earlier sets. I have owned one of each style, 30+ years apart. They are pretty bullet proof...
  4. R

More Rotel Love

Serious Rotel envy here. My first receiver (C. 1973) was the entry level RX150A which survived my teen years and early adulthood only to be destroyed (along with my house!) in Hurricane Hugo (1989). I have since bought another one and use it as a tuner on my main system. The dial is identical...
  5. R

What CD Player Do You Use?

Denon pro dn-T625. Single play, sorta vintage. Love the sound.
  6. R

looking for narrow tuner

How about a Realistic TM7? Its basically the same size and similar styling as the Dyna units. I picked one up on the cheap a few years ago to use while my Dyna AF6 was repaired and was quite surprised at its performance. So surprised that it is still in my rack. Looking at it, I suspect some...
  7. R

Beocenter 2200?

It IS cheap. Asking 50, been there a while. Might offer 25-30 and see what happens. I'm still wondering if it would be possible to graft a p-mount socket onto that arm. Maybe a little fabrication and socket from a 1/2" to p-mount adapter. I've seen a place online that converts the B&O...
  8. R

Beocenter 2200?

I suspected as much... It might still be worth picking up, though if I could use a regular p-mount (Audio Technica or such) in the turntable. Definitely NOT worthwhile from what I see of B&O stylus and cart prices on ebay. It IS a cool looking B&O piece in good cosmetic condition. Al
  9. R

Beocenter 2200?

I have never any B&O gear and have heard reviews all over the spectrum on them. I have looked at the 2200 specs and while it is no powerhouse, it looks like it might be decent sounding and it sure is cool looking. I've got a chance to pick up one cheap without speakers. It has a non-working...
  10. R

Capacitor replacement in power amp section of a Packard rpc-39

You probably won't find exact replacements But the good news is that they are both low voltage electrolytics, so finding replacements will not be difficult. Just pick up modern caps with equal or slightly higher capacitance and voltage ratings and mount them under the chassis. You will of...
  11. R

Revox A78 Speaker Connections

Is this it? Its hard to tell from the picture, but I'd bet it takes a 2 pin DIN plug, which unlike other DIN plugs has no metal surround and 1 round/1 flat pin. They were once pretty common as speaker connectors on European HiFi gear. Like this...
  12. R

Marantz 2270 has two different amp modules

I'd bet on a warranty repair. Dealer couldn't figure out a component level issue and just replaced the entire board. That or its a franken-receiver made from 2 parts units. Al
  13. R

Vintage Kenwood gear? on "Extant" TV show

WHY were they there- answer. My wife grew up in the same small town and is a friend of Mickey Fisher, the show's creator/executive producer. When I saw this thread, I asked her to ask Mickey to take a look. Although I still don't have an answer as to what the gear was, his response was quite...
  14. R

B&W or color

No way. You need to see the cool '70s backlight dial colors!.
  15. R

8 track equalization curve?

Thanks for the info! I suspected that to be the case, but I couldn't find it on-line anywhere. Al
  16. R

Sorry to let you down. I'm talking about 8 track cartridges, not an 8 track open-reel deck. Just wanting better playback from pre-recorded stuff right now, although I wouldn't rule out trying to design a record/erase/bias side to go with it. The transport I have does have erase and R/P heads...
  17. R

That would be fun, but unless someone gifts me with a quad head and some tapes, I'm afraid it will just be a 2 channel project. The nice thing about finding the NOS transports is brand new unworn heads. Al
  18. R

Found an old Wollensak

Power cord Appears to be the same as used on lots of old test gear and office equipment. Check out ebay 291174262834. Or a hamfest. Al
  19. R

DIY dolby b circuit

At the risk of reviving a very old thread here, I, too am interested in a homebrew Dolby decoder. While I cannot find any specs on the NTE2003, the NTE2001 is equivalent to the NE545 for which datasheets with sample schematics are readily available. I am also looking at the HA11226 and LM1131...
  20. R

I've been playing around with a couple of NOS surplus 8 track transports recently. I am thinking about making one of them into a stand-alone deck. Did 8 track recording use the same NAB equalization curve as open-reel? I would like to build a new preamp board for one of them and I need a...
  21. R

15 " reel to reel tapes

So do old computer drives Is it 1/4" tape?
  22. R

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Jefferson Airplane Crown of Creation- double album RCA tape with After Bathing at Baxter's on the other side. Concord 509D (=Panasonic RS765US)
  23. R

Hear CD even when switched to fm or am

That will happen if you accidentally plug an input into tape out.
  24. R

Need a Glue Recommendation for PCB Components

I like to use "High-temp" hot melt craft glue. Its pretty close to the hot melt stuff that is used on a lot of OEM boards. Its very easy to remove with an iron tip if you screw up or need to replace the part later. Just use an old tip that you don't want to actually solder with again. Two...
  25. R

Need info on Orange Drop 192P....please

As per Newark, 192P SERIES WRAP-AND-FILL METALLIZED POLYESTER FILM/FOIL CAPACITORS
Back
Top Bottom