Search results

1. R

Help! Short in HK PM660

Measured in circuit? Caps do not always measure correctly in circuit. There is more to checking capacitors than capacitance. ESR is very telling of a bad cap. A cap can also be electrically leaky or shorted.
  2. R

JVC-AX222 - VC5022 issue, fake parts and improvement - Repair Attempt

This is interesting too.. https://www-elektroda-pl.translate.goog/rtvforum/topic1039106.html?_x_tr_sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc#20337601https://www-elektroda-pl.translate.goog/rtvforum/topic1039106.html?_x_tr_sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc#20337601
  3. R

You could also look at the schematic of the fist Super A amps. I believe they were made with discrete components. I cannot remember the model(s) though.
  4. R

A thread mentioning that LA2500 works as a substitute... https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/jvc-a-x2-super-a-integrated-amplifier-right-channel-power-transistors-burnt.359748/
  5. R

This is the thread I saw... https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/equivalent-de-vc5022.155206/
  6. R

I cannot be 100% sure but I believe LA2500 is the same part. VC5022 is custom made / labeled for JVC. That was probably a marketing thing. It would be sweet to have a small PCB to replace these when they get damaged! I think I read a post on DIY Audio where someone removed this IC and changed a...
  7. R

SX-1980 Output Transistor Insulators

I wonder if you could cut mica on the Cricut?
  8. R

I think you can buy mica in sheets and cut / punch holes yourself.
  9. R

Pioneer SX-3800 biasing with new outputs.

If you have a scope, maybe you could lower it until crossover distortion presents itself. Then raise it a little and test it at that setting for a while.
  10. R

I would not stack two pieces of mica together.
  11. R

How to check a large 31000 uF capacitor?

I'd bet the Anatek Blue ESR meter or Peak ESR meter would read the ESR just fine.
  12. R

Rare, really rare Curtis Mathes 3/4 size receiver

Is this a direct coupled or cap coupled amp? What does the DC offset measure?
  13. R

Sony CDP-X303ES won’t play track 1 at start up

Oh. Well that's a winning situation then! Do you have a scope and / or ESR meter? Maybe it's a bad cap in the servo section or something? Maybe doing the alignment adjustments with a scope will make it run. You might want to reach out to @dr*audio to see if he can offer some advise. There is a...
  14. R

Sony CDP-X303ES won’t play track 1 at start up

Return it and get a refund.
  15. R

What is this?

No idea of what it is. Try acetone to clean it.
  16. R

SX-3700 Digital Tuner Numbers are off

Maybe a power supply issue? Do you have a scope? Check for ripple on the IC that drives the display.
  17. R

TTA/ TTC 004 in driver stage of NAD 3140?

Looks like newark.com has the correct ones in stock.
  18. R

Denon DRA-397 - 2SD2390/2SB1560 replacements

I've bought parts from them before for my VCR. I don't think they will be fakes.
  19. R

TTA/ TTC 004 in driver stage of NAD 3140?

What are the original transistors? MJE253G doesn't have a very high transition frequency.
  20. R

Accuphase DG-68 voltage conversion

Use an external step down transformer?
  21. R

Cambridge Audio Azur 651R - Repair Attempt

Wow! Impressive repair!
  22. R

Messed around with a Marantz 2226B now presumably … dead

I thought I saw a piece of wire too. LOL
  23. R

Troubleshooting CD Players

I only tinker but recently got an oscilloscope. I was working on a VCR that had servo problems. I was poking around with my scope and just happened to look at the 5V power rail. Holy crap, the ripple was horrible. There was a bad cap in the power supply. Oddly enough it measured 5V with my DMM...
  24. R

I recently learned the value of an oscilloscope. On a VCR that was doing some crazy stuff, the 5V power supply checked fine on my DMM. I was poking around with my scope and just for the heck of it put it on the power supply. Holy crap! The ripple was horrible! That power supply had many caps...
  25. R

Maybe a cap or other component that is responds to heat. Not much heat in a CD player though. Try using a hair dryer to see if you can get it to play when cold. I repaired an integrated amp last week that would not power up. It was a high ESR cap causing the problem. I used a hair dryer and...
Back
Top Bottom