Search results

1. I

Ferrofluid

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.
  2. I

Ferrofluid

I have a pair of Energy ESM-2's, I would like to change the ferrofluid in the tweeters. I live in Canada and I am having a hard time finding vendors for it. Does anyone have any suggestions. TIA.
  3. I

Phono Stage

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
  4. I

Phono Stage

Good day, I am currently using a project phono box se 2 phono stage. I am being troubled by upgraditis. I have had this stage for about 7 yrs. Have been eyeballing the Musical Fidelity Lx2-Lps stage for a little while now. Would this be a lateral move or just an equal one against my current...
  5. I

What would you do in this case?

Well I hate to be brash, but you are not going to get any help by being like that.
  6. I

What would you do in this case?

Very true, one always hears of the bad never the good.
  7. I

MC2505 speaker switch

Yes I clean all switches twice a year.
  8. I

MC2505 speaker switch

I have read that it is a common part that does fail. If I can bypass it then I would never need one. I don't use headphones anyways.
  9. I

MC2505 speaker switch

Oh really, i will have to check with them. Maybe I can pick up a spare for when or if mine goes.
  10. I

MC2505 speaker switch

Can the speaker switch be bypassed if it is faulty or non functional. This switch is no longer available, or is there a suitable replacement.
  11. I

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

T.P. and the Heartbreakers- Damn The Torpedoes
  12. I

Restoration and Upgrade of a Late Production C26

I have done a few of the changes the OP did to the C26 he restored such as the power supply and most of the mylar caps on the 2 boards. I also replaced the ceramic caps on the boards and treble controls with C0G types. I have noticed a nice improvement with the high end and improved stereo...
  13. I

Diodes

Perfect thanks.
  14. I

Diodes

Thanks to all, I will stick with the same values as whats in the amp. Would there be a benefit going to 3a 1000v vs the 1.5a 400v.
  15. I

Later production c26 schematic

I believe the board #'s are 044-084,044-085, but will have to double check. Thanks for the link i have been following that one.
  16. I

Diodes

I would like to replace the rectifier diodes in my amp. The 4 diodes in question are 1n4820 which i believe are no longer available (upon searching digikey/mouser). Could I use 4 uf4005 in their place. They are only 1 amp vs 1.5 amps for the 1n4820. The voltage of the uf's is also higher at 600v...
  17. I

Later production c26 schematic

Is there a schematic for later units in the AG Serial Number range? There is a couple of 1kohm 10% 1/4 watt resistors on the left and right boards that are not listed in any other schematic i find. They are set on an angle right beside one of the .47ohm 250v mylar caps and the ceramic caps for...
  18. I

MC2505 woes.

CDK, could you please provide a little more info about rearranging the resistors and adding in the axial caps between the lugs. I like this approach instead of finding other mounting arrangements (i.e. glueing in radials or mounting to a separate board) a pic or 2 would be great if you have any...
  19. I

Capacitors

Thanks, for the link. I will take a look around there.
  20. I

Capacitors

Thanks, I am having a hard time finding the correct value. The CC value is 0.0012 uf.
  21. I

Capacitors

Can you replace a ceramic capacitor with a film or pp capacitor if in the audio signal?
  22. I

Wiring

I have never found any bleeding of sources, but then again I usually only have one source powered on at a time.
  23. I

Wiring

I am not looking to change any of the wiring in any of my Mc gear. C26,Mc2505. I was just wondering is all because I always see cap threads and what not. All the wiring in my gear looks up to snuff and in good shape. Besides I wouldn't want to mess up a good thing.
  24. I

Wiring

Changing out caps and transitors, resisters, etc is always suggested and discussed. Has anyone ever changed out the old hard wires inside their equipment. Would there be any actual benefit to this. Just asking the question is all. I would like to see what everyone's opinion is on this.
  25. I

125v line voltage

Thanks to all for the replies. I am using a Furman elite 15 dmi for my system. It does not regulate the voltage but does monitor over voltage. I will just be happy with constant voltage and keep my gear cool. I have not had any problems so far. that must be a good sign.
Back
Top Bottom