Search results

1. D

Pairing a Sansui 9090 with Paradigm Series 60? Thoughts?

Good point... I have an old marantz that is nothing special, I could do a test run on it...
  2. D

EXCELLENT advice. I have had a feeling there is some cleaning I could do to the receiver but was having trouble finding info on what exactly to do. I have been in touch with the guy who restored it a while back but wanted to avoid bringing it into him because he'd probably keep it for a few...
  3. D

That is really interesting info, thank you. To be honest, I still don't really understand the ohm compatibility and incompatibility issues. I was using tower Definitive Technology BP8060's (which granted are not very powerful). They say they have a 8 ohm impendace but they did not match well...
  4. D

Hi All, I wanted to let you know that I found these nice DLS Elan floor standing speakers. They are big guys. So far they sound good. The foot print factor is another story but I'm making room for them! Thanks again for all of the advice.
  5. D

Good heads up. I'm gonna see what I can find on line with your suggestions.
  6. D

Nice call. I will definitely be looking into this.
  7. D

Good to know there are some newer ones that pair well with the 9090. Thanks!
  8. D

Great advice. I needed a few more names of brands to check out.
  9. D

I was thinking of those Studio 100s. Tracking them down might be tough but looking into it. Thanks.
  10. D

Pairing a Sansui 9090 with Paradigm Series 60? Or new speakers?

I am guessing it's not always the best idea to pair new speakers with a "vintage" receiver buuuuut... I have a Sansui 9090 receiver recently rebuilt by a reputable source. I very much want to get tower speakers that will work well with its power, as my current Definitive Technology BP6Bs are way...
  11. D

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. There are some good stores here. I'm not familiar with AKer, I'll investigate.
  12. D

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I will definitely look into pairing with a sub. I just gotta find speakers powerful enough, in the $2K range, so I'm thinking Paradigm or KEF's. The guy who repaired it said my current Definitive Technology BP6B's are way too weak - seems like...
  13. D

Let's say it's 18x20, maybe bigger. I measured it out a while back and my current set up for the room is good. To put it in perspective, the Paradigm Prestige 75 and 85s would work, the 95s would overpower the room. I mainly listen to jazz, soul and rock.
  14. D

Good point. I am not opposed to it. I definitely want to get to know the speakers first and feel them, once i get them, before thinking of a sub to pair with it. If you think there are good alternatives to the Series 60, I would love to hear your thoughts.
  15. D

I am guessing it's not always the best idea to pair new speakers with a "vintage" receiver but hear me out... I have a Sansui 9090 receiver recently rebuilt by a reputable source. I very much want to get tower speakers that will work well with its power, as my current ones are not sufficient...
  16. D

Is it worth connecting new full range speakers to a vintage receiver?

Good heads up, thanks a lot. That review made me hesitant about the Dali's. (Incidentally, that's ridiculous that Dali makes its website so difficult to access). I've visited a few hi-end stores and still have not settled on anything. I'll continue digging. Mark, thanks for the link, I'll...
  17. D

Thanks, Mike. I wasn't sure if older speakers would be necessary to capture the "warm" sound or if new ones would still be compatible enough. Wondering if the amp would be too underwhelming.
  18. D

I am a music lover with an entry level system and a decent vinyl collection (I listen to mainly jazz, with some soul and rock). I'm looking to step up my system but I need to be budget conscious. I have seen a good condition 1970 Marantz Model 22 receiver (40 watts) for sale and I am wondering...
  19. D

Marantz Model 22 Receiver Paired with new Full Range Speakers

I am a music lover with an entry level system and a decent vinyl collection (I listen to mainly jazz, with some soul and rock). I'm looking to step up my system but I need to be budget conscious. I have seen a good condition 1970 Marantz Model 22 receiver (40 watts) for sale and I am wondering...
Back
Top Bottom