Search results

1. A

EAR 834P switchable for world voltage?

Hi guys, I'm just about to pull the trigger on a EAR 834P phono preamp from a fellow in Canada to be posted to me in Australia. I know the back panel on these units state 100-120V & 220-240V. Does this mean that they have internal switching or a require a simple change of fuse? Or do I need a...
  2. A

JBL L112 Drivers.

I'm needing to find a pair of JBL L112 LE5-12 midranges and one 044 tweeter for a L112 project. What should I expect to pay for these? Thanks,
  3. A

B&W DM4. Anyone know these?

Ok guys, So my pair is the early variant with the white surrounds and of course they have perished and have mostly removed themselves from the cones. Does anyone know if there is a replacement surround available? Or a solution or alternative to remedy this? Thanks,
  4. A

Pioneer A27 Series 20 Integrated?

Av Fan, Apologies for the late reply. Yes, I end up getting it. But, seeing as it ended up being the 100V Jap version (and the fact that I have not gotten a step down transformer yet) I have not had the chance to power it up. It's just sitting in it's box under my bed...
  5. A

Tubes for inefficient speakers.

This is my exact question in a nutshell. I have a pair of Yamaha NS1000's and I've read that they require a minimum of 50w/ch to avoid clipping and subsequent damage. Seeing I listen to just about every genre in existence and preferring to stick with vintage (but not critical) what would be the...
  6. A

JBL L112's

Thanks for that. Appreciate the help :)
  7. A

JBL L112's

Hi, Was just wondering what the general market price would be for a very nice, fully working pair of JBL L112's? I'm hoping it's not too steep as I have to factor in postage to Australia and currency difference. I just can't seem to find a decent pair here. Cheers guys,
  8. A

Sansui SR929

Ok, so I have done some digging around the house today and found a box that I had completely forgotten about since shifting house. It's a box full of cartridges. Most of them are untested and will require new styli but let me know what you think about the following... Pickering V15/AM-1 Stanton...
  9. A

Sansui SR929

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm liking the idea of recommendations as I haven't yet used a Denon, Ortofon or that particular Audio Technica. I'll do some research.
  10. A

Sansui SR929

Ok guys, I need some suggestions. I'm having my SR929 freshened up and was wondering what cartridge would be best suited for it. Apparently it has a medium weight tone arm so I want to get something adequate. Cheers.
  11. A

Luxman PD272 problem.

Hi, I have an issue that I hope you guys can help me with. I have a Luxman PD-272 it's in great cosmetic and functional condition but when I just listened to one side of an LP and went to retire the tone arm on it's rest the platter continued to spin. I slowed it down with my hand and it slowly...
  12. A

Luxman M02 power amp question.

Could it be the filter caps causing this? Normally they play apart in diminished bass response.
  13. A

wmgwizard, I'll correct myself. I meant that i'll track down another M02 and experiment with it's mono capabilities. I am more than aware that it will be near impossible and costly to find an M05. I'm not even going to bother. CohibaJoe, I've had my tech go over the C02 and he found many bad...
  14. A

CohibaJoe, Was there are great deal difference or improvement after the recap? Do you think that the older caps may be the reason I'm not finding the set-up engaging?
  15. A

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll play around with that over the weekend. I was heavily contemplating selling the Luxman set-up but my tech highly recommended that I kept them and added another power amp . He's thought is that when a set-up has ample power a whole other realm of music would...
  16. A

I've considered what you've mentioned wmgwizard and thanks for your response. Much appreciated. Before I used the M02 I was using my Sansui AU9500 and given that is somewhat warm and having a full bottom end I probably did not give the M02 the time it deserved... I also used it with a pair of...
  17. A

I have recently acquired a Luxman M02 power amp and C02 preamp. I am a little underwhelmed by the system at present. Especially in regards to the phono stage, given that I primarily listen to vinyl. I'm contemplating purchasing another M02 power amp so that I can turn both into "monoblocks" and...
  18. A

B&W DM4. Anyone know these?

I'm just about to get to get my hands onto a nice old vintage hi-fi system and the speakers are the B&W DM4's. I have been doing some light reading on them but I'm stilling wanting your thoughts on these gents. Are they good performers? I've also read about the DM2's and the appear to be...
  19. A

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate that. Buyer has been paid so I am now awaiting delivery!
  20. A

Can anyone help me out here? Was hoping to get some insight before I buy or start thinning out the herd.
  21. A

Help/Information needed! Pioneer A27 integrated.

I have the opportunity to buy one of these A27's and was wondering what the general consensus is? Good, Bad, Ugly, Mediocre? There really isn't much out there in the way of information on these units. I have a SA9900, would it be a big and positive upgrade? What other amps (same period or not)...
  22. A

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy one of these A27's and was wondering what the general consensus is? Good, Bad, Ugly, Mediocre? There really isn't much out there in the way of information on these units. I have a SA9900, would it be a big and positive upgrade? What other amps (same period or...
  23. A

Cloudy/fogged vinyl records

Ok, So i happened to fall into possession of a small collection of vinyl and of course I quickly whisked them up and ran home. Upon further inspection I have found that the vast majority have a cloudy/fogged like appearance to them. Some more than others. I have had them for around 4 weeks...
  24. A

Sansui SR-929 Dustcover question...

Thanks for the replies guys. I still have not been able to find a repro smoke grey coloured top. frustrating! Apparently turntabledeopt.com do not stock grey acrylic pvc as it's "not financially viable". So, my question now is...Is the SR-838 dust cover the same as the 929 in it's design?? If...
  25. A

Sansui SR-929 Dustcover question...

Guys, I have finally come into possession of a SR-929 TT. In great condition but it is missing it's original smoke grey dustcover and was wondering if anyone knows or a business or supplier who offers these for sale? I see you can get the clear SR-838 dust covers but I can not find the SR-929...
Back
Top Bottom