Search results

1. A

EAR 834P switchable for world voltage?

Hi guys, I'm just about to pull the trigger on a EAR 834P phono preamp from a fellow in Canada to be posted to me in Australia. I know the back panel on these units state 100-120V & 220-240V. Does this mean that they have internal switching or a require a simple change of fuse? Or do I need a...
  2. A

JBL L112 Drivers.

I'm needing to find a pair of JBL L112 LE5-12 midranges and one 044 tweeter for a L112 project. What should I expect to pay for these? Thanks,
  3. A

JBL L112's

Hi, Was just wondering what the general market price would be for a very nice, fully working pair of JBL L112's? I'm hoping it's not too steep as I have to factor in postage to Australia and currency difference. I just can't seem to find a decent pair here. Cheers guys,
  4. A

Sansui SR929

Ok guys, I need some suggestions. I'm having my SR929 freshened up and was wondering what cartridge would be best suited for it. Apparently it has a medium weight tone arm so I want to get something adequate. Cheers.
  5. A

Luxman PD272 problem.

Hi, I have an issue that I hope you guys can help me with. I have a Luxman PD-272 it's in great cosmetic and functional condition but when I just listened to one side of an LP and went to retire the tone arm on it's rest the platter continued to spin. I slowed it down with my hand and it slowly...
  6. A

Luxman M02 power amp question.

I have recently acquired a Luxman M02 power amp and C02 preamp. I am a little underwhelmed by the system at present. Especially in regards to the phono stage, given that I primarily listen to vinyl. I'm contemplating purchasing another M02 power amp so that I can turn both into "monoblocks" and...
  7. A

B&W DM4. Anyone know these?

I'm just about to get to get my hands onto a nice old vintage hi-fi system and the speakers are the B&W DM4's. I have been doing some light reading on them but I'm stilling wanting your thoughts on these gents. Are they good performers? I've also read about the DM2's and the appear to be...
  8. A

Help/Information needed! Pioneer A27 integrated.

I have the opportunity to buy one of these A27's and was wondering what the general consensus is? Good, Bad, Ugly, Mediocre? There really isn't much out there in the way of information on these units. I have a SA9900, would it be a big and positive upgrade? What other amps (same period or not)...
  9. A

Pioneer A27 Series 20 Integrated?

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy one of these A27's and was wondering what the general consensus is? Good, Bad, Ugly, Mediocre? There really isn't much out there in the way of information on these units. I have a SA9900, would it be a big and positive upgrade? What other amps (same period or...
  10. A

Cloudy/fogged vinyl records

Ok, So i happened to fall into possession of a small collection of vinyl and of course I quickly whisked them up and ran home. Upon further inspection I have found that the vast majority have a cloudy/fogged like appearance to them. Some more than others. I have had them for around 4 weeks...
  11. A

Sansui SR-929 Dustcover question...

Guys, I have finally come into possession of a SR-929 TT. In great condition but it is missing it's original smoke grey dustcover and was wondering if anyone knows or a business or supplier who offers these for sale? I see you can get the clear SR-838 dust covers but I can not find the SR-929...
  12. A

Sansui SR-929 Dustcover question...

Guys, I have finally come into possession of a SR-929 TT. In great condition but it is missing it's original smoke grey dustcover and was wondering if anyone knows or a business or supplier who offers these for sale? I see you can get the clear SR-838 dust covers but I can not find the SR-929...
  13. A

Sansui SR929 Duct Cover??

I was wondering if it is possible to get exact reproductions of the 'smoke' coloured dust covers of the SR929? I have recently acquired one but of course, it's missing its original cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  14. A

Sansui BA/CA-3000 separates?

Fellow Sansui AK'ers I have been mulling this over for quite sometime now and can't seem to make up mind. It appears over time I have become Sansui crazed and that craze has been directed to Integrated's only thus far as I own the AU-919, 9500, 9900, 7900, 999, 555. I do have a some Pioneer...
  15. A

Sansui BA/CA-3000 vs. Kenwood 700M/C

Ok guys, All I have ever owned in integrated's and i've got a VERY strong itch to get some separates. My desire is for the Sansui BA/CA-3000 series and the Kenwood 700M/C. Of course, its near impossible to audition this gear so i was hoping for some reviews or comparisons from fellow AKers...
  16. A

WTB: Sansui SR-838 for fathers collection

Hi guys, I've been after one of these turntables for quite some time now and it continues to elude me. So the story goes like this...I have inherited my fathers stack of Sansui gear. A GX5 rack w/ AU919, TU417, SE7, SC3110 and at the moment i'm using a run of the mill Pioneer PL514X as the...
  17. A

Jbl xlp200

Ok guys, I've been contemplating getting another pair of speakers. I currently have IMF transmission lines and Yamaha NS1000M's. Now, i'm wanting to jump into something JBL and was toying with the idea of the XPL200. The only issue is...I live Australia and it is VERY hard to audition various...
  18. A

Most suitable pair of speakers?

i know, i know, its a subjective question but i'm going to ask anyway.... I'm after a new pair of speakers to add to my collection. I'm wanting to add something complimentary to what i currently have. These being Yamaha NS-1000M's and IMF transmission lines. The gear i currently use and...
  19. A

Onkyo 732

Hi guys, I've been sitting on one of these Onkyo 732 integrated amps for quite sometime now. It is in need of restoration but have not gotten around to it yet. Probably due to having too many items and the fact that i CAN NOT find any info on these 732's anywhere! Does anyone know anything...
  20. A

Best speakers for Sansui AU-919

Hey guys, I've been hunting around the net trying to find advice on this but would really appreciate a more definitive answer. I've recently come into possession of a Sansui AU-919. I have it running a pair of Bose 901's (prepared to flame-throwing here!). They were my dads, i don't mind...
Back
Top Bottom