Search results

1. Dclapp

Los Angeles to Monterey California

Two fairly large Marantz speakers near LAX. To be delivered to me in Monterey California. At the very least I will buy you a good lunch :-) thanks in advance. Doug Clapp
  2. Dclapp

Sound: objective or subjective?

Nicely said Chris.
  3. Dclapp

Sound: objective or subjective?

For decades, the audio community has been divided into two camps: the Objectivists and the Subjectivists. Which is correct? The best thing that I’ve ever read on this subject is from John Curl – one of our greatest living amplifier designers. His viewpoint, to unfairly generalize, is… Both...
  4. Dclapp

Seattle to Monterey California?

I would like to bid on a local pick up only Marantz in Seattle Washington. Is anyone making that trip in the near future? Or… I would anyone be willing to pay someone to pick it up, pack it and ship it to me in Monterey :-) Thanks in advance! Doug Clapp
  5. Dclapp

Recap analysis?

Has anybody done Fourier analysis ?
  6. Dclapp

Recap analysis?

Fourier analysts?
  7. Dclapp

Recap analysis?

First, I’ve been here for many years and want to thank you all for hours and hours of instruction and entertainment :-) My question is: is there a way to do a spectrum analysis – before and after – of a vintage unit that has been recapped and/or otherwise upgraded was newer, better (not...
  8. Dclapp

Hi I’m also looking for a wooden case for my Marantz 2220. Thanks! Doug

Hi I’m also looking for a wooden case for my Marantz 2220. Thanks! Doug
  9. Dclapp

I was just about to post a message when I saw yours. It was almost word for word what I would've...

I was just about to post a message when I saw yours. It was almost word for word what I would've posted myself. Good job! :-)
  10. Dclapp

What creates a soundstage?

Actually, as the OP, you are at my call. I'm a bit iffy about the beck bit :-)
  11. Dclapp

Description is not explanation, guys :-).
  12. Dclapp

Self My point re Self is that accuracy alone can't explain the effect.
  13. Dclapp

Thank you E-Stat.
  14. Dclapp

Douglas Self Who is Douglas Self and why should I believe what he says? Oh my! A breathtaking display of proud ignorance amid much hand-waving. You may go to the back of the class :-)
  15. Dclapp

Friends, I would like to know -- exactly, specifically, with reasons -- what creates the audio soundstage that we perceive. I'm not interested in "how we hear it," but rather what items in our audio reproduction equipment makes what we perceive. And why: Not just "because I say so." :-)...
  16. Dclapp

MarkTheFixer's BOM is da bom!!

Links There are many. Google recap mouser BOM. One that is extra sweet from Mark is: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=385351
  17. Dclapp

MarkTheFixer's BOM is da bom!!

Folks, Just made my first Mouser BOM using a magnificent (Pioneer SX-727) parts list from the Master: Mark The Fixer. Whoa! Worked great. Being new to this, anyone have any tips on making Mouser BOM's? Thanks all. Doug
  18. Dclapp

Amps or receivers with MIC mixing capabilities?

Pioneer SX-1500TD.
  19. Dclapp

question

Mark: Brilliant.
  20. Dclapp

What desk lamp / magnifier do you use?

Hi folks, I'd like to buy a swivel lamp/magnifier to aid me in destroying vintage equipment. I recall one that looked great in a photo of EchoWar's impressive work area. What do you people use and what do you recommend? Thanks, Doug
  21. Dclapp

Advice requested: DAC

Yes And also from the excellent Ken Rockwell article: Unlike external DACs which all pick up jitter as noise enters interconnects and confuses the clock recovery circuitry, CD players and iPods all use their own internal original clock signals to drive their DACs. In other words, one-box...
  22. Dclapp

The simple truth, as shown by the large numbers of people who like tube amps, and who like this or that DAC, is that some forms of distortion are pleasant. And, also, some people find that accuracy in amplifiers is somehow "sterile" etc. Like people who recap their speakers and suddenly find...
  23. Dclapp

Let me add (and then I'll stop:) If you don't like what comes out of the Apple DAC then you should equally dislike when went in: Because they are the same thing.
  24. Dclapp

well... Well, these aren't specs "published by the designer," they are objective 3rd party measurements. The proof is in the proof, unless you wish to fall back to the "well it must be something that can't be measured then, because it sounds better to me!" And that's the fallback and final...
  25. Dclapp

Golden ear? :-) That's an interesting comment; thanks. It's fairly well proven that the Apple DAC produces analog output that is, within a bee's dick, so to say, EXACTLY what went it. So any other DAC can't possibly "do better." There is no better! (Do the research, then come back :-)...
Back
Top Bottom