Search results

1. AEC831

Receiver recommendation...vintage look, modern guts?

Ok, here's an update that's a bit embarrassing but hey, live and learn and maybe someone else can benefit from my experience. The Sansui is FINE! Here's what happened, as I was was relocating the right speaker, I must have inadvertently shorted the wires which must have flipped a circuit breaker...
  2. AEC831

Sorry, I should have clarified that I really want a basic 2 channel system, don't care about video inputs at all. and yes, mainly for vinyl.
  3. AEC831

My Sansui G-5500 just lost a phono channel and for close to the price of the repair I probably get a decent new entry level receiver ($300 max). However, I really don't like the all black look of just about every piece of new AV equipment out there. Is there anything in the price range that is a...
  4. AEC831

Budget replacement stylus for AT cartridge?......

Thanks guys, I went with Multiplex's advice and found a AT95e for $40 on Amazon just to get the thing playing. When I have an extra $130, I'll step up to the Shibata stylus and put the AT52W2 cartridge back on - something to look forward to. As for the feet, I thought I'd try something "sexy"...
  5. AEC831

Thanks for the feedback but I'm hoping you can clarify what - "You can use other A-T styli but they won't sound right" means. As per RoyPhil345 and www.stereoneedles.com, it seems that the $49.95 ATN12XE is compatible with the cartridge. If that's the case, I can do that. If that is the case...
  6. AEC831

Hi, First of all, I'm kinda of a newbie, so bear with me here. I just bought ($5!) a Pioneer PL516 turntable that needs some work (obviously). It needs "feet", a belt and a stylus for the AT52W2 cateridge, otherwise it looks great. I've ordered the belt, am looking for "feet" but having...
  7. AEC831

Need a referral for a Yamaha CR1000 full restoration

Since it seems like Merrylander has retired, I was hoping I could get a referral or two based on your experience for some one who does similar high quality sonic and aesthetic restorations. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.
  8. AEC831

Need a referral for a CR1000 full restoration

Unfortunately Merrylander has retired and I was hoping AK members could refer me to some one who does similar high quality restorations. I live in Northern CA but am willing to ship anywhere in the U.S. for quality workmanship. Thanks!
  9. AEC831

First TT suggestions?

Hi I'm looking to buy my first (well, first since 1975 :sigh: when I had a Dual) TT. I'm thinking of getting new because I don't want to spend too much time setting up, calibrating or working on a vintage TT. So, given my budget ($300 ish) I'm considering either a TDK Life on Record...
  10. AEC831

My retrophonic odyssey

Cool story, thanks for sharing. BTW, I live on the Peninsula and was wondering if you could recommend a local restoration shop for my Yamaha CR1000 receiver. Thanks.
  11. AEC831

I'm new-System set up help

Well, I hooked up the Klipsch and they sound awesome:banana:. Very clean, crisp sound with enough bass for now given its a pretty small space with no carpeting. I think the Yammie's "Natural Sound" works well with these speakers also. Thanks for all the help.:zoom:
  12. AEC831

Thanks Westend. That leads to, how do I wire up a subwoofer to the Yamaha? Sales guy at Fry's said I cant 'cause the Yamaha doesn't support a subwoofer - doesn't sound right cause from what I've read on AK, other folks with vintage systems have subs. Any thoughts?
  13. AEC831

Hi, I'm 52, live in the San Francisco Bay Area, work in software. Yeah, that's Vic Morrow from...

Hi, I'm 52, live in the San Francisco Bay Area, work in software. Yeah, that's Vic Morrow from the show "Combat".
  14. AEC831

Greetings: I recently decided that "I needed a hobby" and after some thinking, I remembered my love of everything audio way back in H.S. and College when I had a Sansui 7070, Advent Speakers, Sony Reel to Reel and a Dual turntable. So, I just went out and perhaps a bit impulsively purchased a...
Back
Top Bottom