Search results

1. daveshel

Dynaco Pas 3 added to the stable

Nice find. That one's not too heavily modified. The power supply has been redone on a PCB, but the audio boards look original. The tube rectifier is still in place, so it looks to me like this is pretty close to original.
  2. daveshel

Fun Factoid Of The Day

True, but I can plant a tree.
  3. daveshel

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

I have no plans to get a smart phone. I have a recent flip phone. It's cheap. I don't see how it's smart to pay twice for Internet service, and the extra cost of having google or apple spy on my every move to better annoy me makes it a nonstarter.
  4. daveshel

Stacked OLA’s

More important than the power is the amplifier's ability to work with low impedance loads. I've used Dynaco (200wpc) and AVA (85wpc) amps for decades with no problems.
  5. daveshel

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

I drink my Bombay Sapphire gin over ice. I gave up tonic decades ago because of the sugar.
  6. daveshel

AK Retiree Club

I started getting SS about a year ago. I may still work a bit though. I'm not well prepared, but I'm not that badly prepared either. About time to hit the road - first trip is in about 2 weeks - up to Oregon to pick up my teardrop camper.
  7. daveshel

Revitalizing AK

If there's a problem here, I think It's that there is too much non-audio content here. I like the smile of the day and the potpourri threads, but some of the other off-topic forums dealing with other hobbies are diffusing the energy. We don't need to be all things to all people. The popularity...
  8. daveshel

Any musicians here?

I'm one of the world's premiere campfire guitarists.
  9. daveshel

Buying Used Vinyl and Giving Feedback

I'm getting motivated to start selling on discogs. I've never really culled my herd. The thing that holds me back is my lack of calibration with the grading system. But in order to sell them, I'll have to listen to them so as to properly assess their condition. If I err on the side of caution I...
  10. daveshel

Beer cheese soup

You beer cheese soup tease!
  11. daveshel

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

And what about 'youns?' Or is it 'Youens?"
  12. daveshel

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

I'd call it an accident waiting to happen!
  13. daveshel

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Sure, it's easy to say nobody lives forever or she's in a better place...but you only get one mother in it all sounds pretty hollow when you become an orphan, whatever your age.
  14. daveshel

Which cassette deck would you choose from these 2 choices.

Back in the early '80s when cassette was king Akai was known for the GX heads.
  15. daveshel

Do you leave your car at the gas pump when you go into the store?

I never go into those stores. They're like a tax on people who're bad at planning.
  16. daveshel

Things you don't see anymore.

I remember my grandfather going on a bit of a rant around 1970. His point was that he, who was in his mid-seventies at the time, had seen in his life the invention of the telephone and the airplane and television and rockets in space, but that his grandchildren would see new things that would...
  17. daveshel

AR 3 vs AR 4x speakers

Actually, it is the clipping, not the power. Clipping turns a sine wave into a square wave, which burns the voice coil. If excessive power were part of the equation, you would see increased amplitudes on an o-scope, rather than the clipped square wave.
  18. daveshel

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congrats, H!
  19. daveshel

local weed growing discussions

I gave up using metal pipes decades ago. I used only wood or glass until I gave up smoking and switched to using a Pax vape that operates at about half the temperature of combustion.
  20. daveshel

I didn't mind the sticky fingers as much as some buds that were too hard to break up by hand.
  21. daveshel

I love your pond. I'm re-creating my back yard in a rainwater harvesting model and a buddy was urging me to add a koi pond. Arizona isn't the best setting for this - I think I'd need a plastic liner and evaporation might make it water-intensive.
  22. daveshel

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

One of the dispensaries in Tucson sells two eights for $30 Thursday through Sunday. With the state tax it comes to about 38. I get a sativa for AM and an indica for PM.
  23. daveshel

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I didn't think Courtney Love was there. She was 21 and unknown.
  24. daveshel

What are you using for photo processing

My old copy of Photoshop CS4, one of the last ones distributed on CDs. I shoot raw and tweak a few settings depending on how it will be used.
  25. daveshel

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

The one pulling the trailer looks like an AMC, maybe a 1970 Hornet?
Back
Top Bottom