Search results

1. Noisypot

How do you burn a burnt disk

I have some old songs I burnt to a CD-R a number of years ago with a desktop computer. I wanted to know of an easy way to re-burn these (except one song) to a fresh disk. The songs on the disk are lossless CDFS if that matters. How do I do that ? Thank you :) OS is Windows 7 / 8.1
  2. Noisypot

USB stick with songs as a gift

I'm still using windows 7 on a desktop computer. I've got a lot of old MP3 songs I'd like to share with a friend, but they have large variations in volume levels. The situation gets worse when you throw in downloaded music videos Sometimes the music has an actual video, sometimes just a photo of...
  3. Noisypot

Trying to restore Realistic Optimus 2 speakers

I've been searching for some 8 ohm tweeters for my boxes but am having difficulties because the manufacturers of today don't give you complete dimensions. No I.D., no O.D. On top of that the connections are in odd places. I have a workaround for the mounting holes. I've tried Simply Speakers...
  4. Noisypot

Question about Onkyo players

Does anyone know when Onkyo made its first CD / MP3 player ? A model number would be helpful. I'm not a big fan of MP3s, but they're okay for some music. Thanks :dunno:
  5. Noisypot

Volume booster software

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this .......... I'm trying to find some software that will boost the volume of music that I've taken from a library CD or downloaded. Once I get all the volumes the same I'll burn my own disc. Audacity is hard to use because 6 months or much more...
  6. Noisypot

Sound card question

Apologies: I really didn't know where to ask about this so it can be moved by the admin. The question: I have an older computer running Win 7 x 64. I use a blocker called Never10. Seems to work. In any case I read that a sound card will sound better than what comes with the mobo. I can't afford...
  7. Noisypot

Two old amps (Pioneer)

Hi everyone, I've got a Pioneer SA-600 and a SA-7100. The 7100 is being used like a preamp since it's hooked up to a Crown D60 power amp and an EQ that has a button to cut out anything below 20hz. I like the sound of it because the Crown has a high damping factor. I just wondered if anyone ever...
  8. Noisypot

When did Onkyo disc players start playing MP3s ?

I have an old Onkyo DX-701 CD player which has been very reliable, but it won't play an MP3. I'm not a big fan of MP3s but sometimes it's a matter of convenience. I'd like to find one that just takes a single disc. Any suggestions ? Thanks ......AR
  9. Noisypot

Will a FLAC file play on an older CD player ?

I have an old Onkyo DX-701 that plays CDs and WAV files (home made CD) just fine. I said WAV when maybe I should have said ripped. In any case I just wanted to know if I had a disk with a number of number FLAC files burnt to it would it play ? I know for sure it won't play MP3s.Thanks - AR
  10. Noisypot

Vintage speaker replacement

I would like to get some links to places that sell replacement speakers. I know that becomes difficult for speaker systems that are very old (early 1970s for example). I was trying to find a tweeter for an early Radio Shack speaker (sounds good) made in Japan and I could only find Simply...
  11. Noisypot

Problems with normalization

I occasionally borrow some CDs from my local library. Last time I did that I ripped one song from a Rolling Stones disc and added that to a folder with other so called lossless songs on it. The new song was incredibly loud compared to the others. I looked all over for a free normalizer none of...
  12. Noisypot

Build a DAC ?

Did anyone ever try to build their own DAC ? I see ridiculous prices on fleabay and I can't afford them. What did I have in mind: I've got bunches of wav files on my computer. Unfortunately these ripped (discs from the library) files never have the same volume. I always check normalize when...
  13. Noisypot

Where can I download lossless music ? (Just a few tunes)

I usually try to borrow discs from the local library, but they don't have everything you want. I wanted to get 4 Rolling Stones songs I could burn to a disc. I'm quite familiar with WAV files but not AIFF. All of the sites I checked out want to sell you a whole album. I don't need a whole album...
  14. Noisypot

Need sound card suggestions

I tried to get an old m-audio card to work in Windows 7 but the drivers I found wouldn't work. I'm not a gamer but appreciate good sound. Would someone like to suggest a good quality card that won't break the bank ? Another question: Is this posted in the right place ? Just in case you're...
  15. Noisypot

List of amps with a high damping factor

Does anyone have a list of older amps that had low distortion and a high damping factor of 200 or more ? Doesn't need to be super high wattage. 60 wpc would be enough. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there where any integrated amps like that, just power amps right ? I have a...
  16. Noisypot

Question about Pioneer SA-7100 capacitors

I have a nice looking Pioneer SA-7100. Unfortunately a number of small capacitors are bad or going bad according to a tech. They're located under a metal cover which is easy to find when the wood case is lifted off. Did the 7100s tend to have a lot of trouble with these caps? I'm trying to...
  17. Noisypot

Cleaning knobs on a pioneer SA-600

I have an old SA-600 (used as a preamp) and I wondered what people use to restore the finish on the gold caps. I tried isopropyl alcohol and that made a difference, but there might be something better. Also, while cleaning one of the caps came off. I would appreciate some suggestions on which...
  18. Noisypot

Copying old cassettes

Hello everyone, I'm writing to ask if there is a computer program that can sense the pauses between tracks on a tape. It would make it easier to burn the tracks to a disc and end up with track numbers. If it exists it would have to work in XP because that's on the OLD computer with all the...
  19. Noisypot

TEAC CD P1260 gripe

I bought a new TEAC CD P1260 CD and MP3 player from Electronics Expo about 3+ years ago. It only got light use for about a year and a half before the unit wouldn't track or display properly. It didn't sound right either. The warranty had expired so I felt I'd been ripped off. Disgusted, I put it...
  20. Noisypot

Who is making retro looking CD / MP3 players ?

Greetings . . . . I would like to get the names of some companies that are making players for CD and MP3 discs. I don't mean the boom boxes or walkman types. I would rather have a non portable type that looks like a 1995 unit and has a nice readout on the front that tells you which track you're...
  21. Noisypot

Retro looking CD/MP3 player question

Hi ..... I'm trying to find a CD / MP3 player after having my TEAC CD-PL1260 die after only 2 years. I'm thinking it's a piece of junk not worth repairing. If I'm wrong tell me so. I see Onkyos for sale on ebay and Amazon, but surely there must be some other companies making the retro style...
  22. Noisypot

Technics high and low filter not working

It's an SU-8600 amp. There are three buttons on the lower right. Loudness, Low filter and high filter. The Loudness switch works fine, but not the other two. Is that just a deoxit job or something more serious ? BTW, the wood case has some problems. Is there a discussion on this (or other)...
  23. Noisypot

Popping noise from a TEAC CD player

I've had a Teac CD PL 1260 hooked up to an old 15 wpc Pioneer amp. It never gave me any trouble till I hooked it up to a much more powerful Technics SU 8600 (73 wpc) amp. I'd put a disc in and hear a popping noise from the tweeters. I borrowed a friends 80 wpc amp and the same thing happened. I...
  24. Noisypot

Cerwin Vega M-40s

I've got a pair of 10" Cerwin Vega M-40s. I'm not really a big fan of bass reflex speakers. They seem a little boomy but the price was incredibly low because of a loose wire. I wondered what they'd sound like if I closed off the ports (not permanently) and stuffed the whole box with fiberglass...
  25. Noisypot

What gives an amp punch and clarity ?

I just got hold of a Technics SU-8600 (73 wpc), but I'm not blown away with it. This surprised me since my older amp is a Pioneer SA-600 with only 15 wpc. Maybe my speakers are a little sucky (10" Cerwin Vega M-40s). I'm not really a big fan of bass reflex speakers. They seem a little boomy...
Back
Top Bottom