Search results

1. Ronito6

Believe it or not…

Hey all! Ron from Japan here, and I have a bit of a shocker to share. Judging by the selection of higher end Sansui stuff posted on HiFiDo and Yahoo Auctions Japan, it seem that the higher end gear supply has darn near dried up here. I tried searching for an AU-9900 just to see what they...
  2. Ronito6

Have you ever thought, "Man I wish my Sansui was heavier." Well...

IDK has started selling these. That's right...real granite side panels made from stone from the quarries near Sakuragawa City in Ibaraki Prefecture. (The major stone-works center here in Japan.) They sell granite feet / insulators too. The side panels are priced at roughly $800 USD. The...
  3. Ronito6

Mr. Carlson works on a Sansui Sansui B-77

Yeah....it's just a B-77 but there is good stuff here I think. (For a low level EE hobbiest like me at least.) He lavishes praise on Sansui engineers at the 9:33 mark. (And at a couple other points further along the way.)
  4. Ronito6

Installing a new 2772 into an X1

This posting is for the benefit of several AKers who recently acquired my F-2772 for their respective AU-X1's. I thought a single reference point would be the easiest way to answer questions and to share ideas. Instructions for installing the new 2772 board into your X1. PARTS LIST Needed to...
  5. Ronito6

Educational DIYer Vid - McIntosh repair

For those of you who fancy repairs in general, here is my favorite YouTube tech Mr. Carlson taking on a McIntosh C29. If you like lern'n....enjoy.
  6. Ronito6

Mr. Carlson takes on a C29

Enjoy
  7. Ronito6

New AU-X1 2772 order being assembled.

Hello! I am currently gathering names of anyone interested in an upcoming order of my 2772. Just make your interest known here, and I will include you in the PM about the upcoming fabrication order. Ron Here is a thread about the board...
  8. Ronito6

Gear in the Wild (Ever find seemingly good gear just sitting outside?)

Howdy all! Ronito6 here from the Sansui forums mostly. Tales of apparently good gear thrown out just for anyone to take are common enough here on AK. Here is another.... My sister-inlaw who lives in Chicago sent me this picture today. That is a Sansui 771 tuner, a Kenwood cassette...
  9. Ronito6

IDK video - The company that officially offers parts and service for vintage Sansuis

...and they make little to no profit doing it. While taking another stab at locating an AU-X11 service manual I was lead to this video. It was produced by NHK World and is used for English language education. So it is a bit odd and not very polished in many ways...
  10. Ronito6

Sansui AU-X11 crowd sourced service manual.

Procedures and other data - start Procedures and other data - end The service manual (SM) for the Sansui AU-X11 has eluded my and everyone's (even boffins here in Japan) best efforts to locate.So I think that it is past time that an information collection point be created to accumulate any and...
  11. Ronito6

Rare reed relay substitution ( a visual how to )

In the past here on AK I've asked about possible substitutions for this Hitachi 24V reed relay . Although there were a couple of what I am sure were good suggestions, there was nothing easily get-able for me until I saw this today. Well it seem some good chap here in Japan who goes by the...
  12. Ronito6

Name that part

Trying to find this online is no treat. Could someone please tell me what search terms or where to use to find these? Here is what I do know: The pins are 1.8 mm thick. The pins are 14.5 mm long. The top / plug portion is 8.5 mm long and the bottom/solder portion is about 3.5 mm. The pitch...
  13. Ronito6

Capacitor suggestions for polyester caps...Noob Q of the day.

I know that they last forever as long as they are physically OK, but does anyone know what the best modern equivalents are that could replace old MKT or the old green polyester film caps? I am not certain what the newer/better versions might be. The old MKTs look like this... Here is an axial...
  14. Ronito6

My PCB Fabricator thread opened in DIY forum: AU-X1 F-2772 PCB

Happy New Year everyone!! I am seeking suggestions as to who provides quality PCB fabrication services for the humble hobbyist. Please see my thread about it here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pcb-fabricator-opinion-and-suggestion-request.750469/ Its for a good cause. The...
  15. Ronito6

PCB Fabricator - opinion and suggestion request

Here is the second generation F-2772 phono motherboard for the Sansui X1. Using DipTrace, I sightly modified the trace paths to accept the contemporary small signal relay Omron G5V. Basically I'm hoping someone can suggest a PCB fabricator. A North America based maker is first choice, but...
  16. Ronito6

X11 New Restoration Vid

This vid is rather new, and rather short, but comprehensive for it's brevity. :bowdown::bowdown:Mr. Yoshiro Yamamoto here really knows his stuff.:bowdown::bowdown: (His X11 had some huge problems as you will see.) In my comment, besides my praise, I hit him up for the elusive X11 service...
  17. Ronito6

Sansui repair center in days past??

Here is the least likely to be answered question of the day: Circa 1980... Did Sansui ever maintain a centralized repair facility in North America? Or did they only offer repair and manufacturer recall work through licensees? Both?
  18. Ronito6

Is this thing fixed yet? Yes it is...the forum rather

Forum is back to rude health! What happened? I'm guessing a virus. Or hackers.
  19. Ronito6

Silly tech noob Q

Mica insulators of the size and type I need are getting hard to find. So I bought some of these http://www.jaycar.com.au/Electromechanical-Components/Heatsinks-&-Accessories/Thermal-Compounds-&-Adhesives/TO-3-Silicon-Rubber-Transistor-Insulator---Pk-20/p/HP1150 I know they are supposed to be...
  20. Ronito6

Re-Refurb of a 20000 - Recap fans

Here is a very efficient video about a re-refurb of a Sansui 20000 (22000?). As a still newbie refurber I really thought it was a good vid. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5BEymCSIDE Top tip from this vid - Toluene / Lacquer thinner will kill that nasty board glue. It is rather...
  21. Ronito6

1 Million ways to Die - Refurb Fans

Here is a very efficient video about a re-refurb of a Sansui 20000. As a still newbie refurber I really thought it was a good vid. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5BEymCSIDE
  22. Ronito6

Capacitor question

If I use a capacitor in a power protection circuit that is preferred for signal path is it ok? For example, using a Nichicon FW or Muse on a power protection circuit. I assume that it will not be a problem and will function as a preferred capacitor, EXCEPT it will be an expensive solution...
  23. Ronito6

Name that tonearm

As a follow up to my: "What cassette (really should have been cartridge) is this?" What tone arm is this? Hoping to track down it's manual.
  24. Ronito6

Mystery cassette

Can anyone ID this cassette. As you can see in the pictures the needle is very broken and must be replaced. It looks pricey to boot. It was mounted to a SME 3009 Series II Tonearm. Many thanks in advance!
  25. Ronito6

Micro DD-7

Here is a video I made to sell the an amazing record player known in Japan as the Micro DD-7 and outside Japan as the Micro Seiki DD-40. This was truly and amazing machine. I left the video on YouTube as a historical reference. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DslSoJ94Nc&spfreload=10
Back
Top Bottom