Search results

1. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

I missed out on a nice LR-4000A, but came across a nice LR-2500... for the life of me I cannot figure out the differences between the LR-2500 and LR-3500... Apparently there is a 4-channel switch of sorts on both of these? Unclear about it's function, unless you connect to an external decoder...
  2. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

I cannot confirm for certain what the differences are between the LR-4000A and LR-4000, it seems the LR-4000 has the variblend circuit... now I am looking at Sansui's with the QS circuit.. what have I gotten myself into haha. Are all the LA-74's the same or was there differences with those too?
  3. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

I assume the "Lafayette" scripting holds true for the 221/4000/5000/74/84 as well?
  4. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

That was my assumption. It seems that the SQ-W outboard decoder is far more capable and sophisticated and uses several boards as compared to what it is used in the 4000/5000 or 74/84. (Or the LR-221 I used to own).. however it is super rare and highly coveted, therefore out of the price range of...
  5. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

I have 3 LT-D10 tuners. I was like new in the box and I believe I have the manual, but finding it might prove challenging. I can send you one of mine as I certainly don't need 3 haha.
  6. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Understood.. can you elaborate on the SQ outboard decoders? Isnt SQ-W what you'd ideally want?
  7. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

What would cd-4 be needed for? I don't have any quad recordings or carts etc.. this would be deriving from 2 channel
  8. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

And the la-84 similar if not identical to the lr-5000?
  9. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Interesting thread directly related to this discussion :) https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/lafayette-la-84-4-channel-amp-info.2191/
  10. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

What an amazing thread this has become. Does the la-74 have the same quad decoding as the Lr-4000? Given that I have 3 lt-d10 tuners it might make sense for me to seek one of those out :)
  11. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Well I'm hoping so as I have Altec Coronas to use for rear channels in a quad setup.. but I don't have much quad content, but I'm told Composer A does a good job for matrixing Quad from a stereo source.
  12. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Well this would be used mostly as a 2-channel receiver to drive those Altecs, just thought I'd mess around with those features since they cost about the same as the Stereo units. I heard the same about the outboard decoder as well.
  13. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Hello Fellas, it's been several years since I posted.... but I had a question that I researched extensively without a definitive answer and thought someone here might have some insights I have been looking to get a receiver to place on a nice Mid-Century Modern Credenza to go with my Altec...
  14. scott1019

Colunm ii

One of the best bargains in audio IMO, especially since they are one of the few speakers I can unequivocally say really do not need a subwoofer.
  15. scott1019

AK Contest! Derek & the Dominos -- Layla MoFi GIVEAWAY + Subscriptions

Very Generous of you Grump!
  16. scott1019

Deciding on a cassette deck

I'd want whatever I get to be serviceable for long life.
  17. scott1019

Not yet, not till I can source a proper motor.
  18. scott1019

Yep, agreed on all accounts, but can you reference which motor you suggest, my HIGHLY qualified and certified Nak tech says no quality motors exist anymore that meet original spec.
  19. scott1019

Where can the motors be sourced if they fail? Perhaps he's unaware of a supplier, and that may change things. He is a certified Nak repairer of over 20 years.
  20. scott1019

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I was told much of the same from a tech I know and trust, but he says to seek the idler wheel version of the CR-5 as the gear versions are prone to failure and cannot be serviced once dead as the parts don't exist whereas Mostly playback here, but I...
  21. scott1019

Most specifically trying to decide between the Nak BX-300, MR-1, CR-4, CR-5, and Revox/Studer B215. Any folks here with experience with these decks care to chime in?
  22. scott1019

NEC CD-530 CD player... any good?

In many ways they are very similar in sonics/build. Nakamichi has the brand recognition, but I am partial to the NEC styling. Either way you can't go wrong.
  23. scott1019

Best of the Vertical Loading CD players

I was mesmerized of the video I watched of the NEC CD-803 and suddenly found myself immersed in a ton of different vertical loading CD players. Most notably that NEC and the Kyocera DA-01. It seems that many companies OE'd these. http://www.thevintageknob.org/nec-CD-803.html...
  24. scott1019

SMAC at AXPONA?

I'll be there on Sunday.
  25. scott1019

Thumbs UP for TSheaZ28

I got a wonderful Yamaha mini-system from him, exactly as described. Offered to meet me at work even, a 45 min. drive for him. Could not be happier. THANKS AGAIN!
Back
Top Bottom