Search results

1. scott1019

Lafayette Quad receivers

Hello Fellas, it's been several years since I posted.... but I had a question that I researched extensively without a definitive answer and thought someone here might have some insights I have been looking to get a receiver to place on a nice Mid-Century Modern Credenza to go with my Altec...
  2. scott1019

Deciding on a cassette deck

Most specifically trying to decide between the Nak BX-300, MR-1, CR-4, CR-5, and Revox/Studer B215. Any folks here with experience with these decks care to chime in?
  3. scott1019

Best of the Vertical Loading CD players

I was mesmerized of the video I watched of the NEC CD-803 and suddenly found myself immersed in a ton of different vertical loading CD players. Most notably that NEC and the Kyocera DA-01. It seems that many companies OE'd these. http://www.thevintageknob.org/nec-CD-803.html...
  4. scott1019

Thumbs UP for TSheaZ28

I got a wonderful Yamaha mini-system from him, exactly as described. Offered to meet me at work even, a 45 min. drive for him. Could not be happier. THANKS AGAIN!
  5. scott1019

Laughter is the best medicine!

Sold my beloved VPI 16.5 RCM to member (Laughter) and could not be more pleased with how he does business and his patience and understanding during a difficult time in my life (health related). Thank you so very much.. Keep the tunes playin' and your records squeaky clean!
  6. scott1019

Alien Communication Device?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PS-Q7-Vintage-Portable-Turntable-W-RadioTransmitter-Rare-DEFEKT-/181957675160?hash=item2a5d85c898:g:Zy0AAOSwcOFWacLi
  7. scott1019

King LouisJames

Came through with an amicable partial trade that worked out great for us both in a time where the meager funds went a long way... while trying to juggle work and deadlines and a very difficult health situation. Enjoy the tunes! Trying to figure out what to do with this amp... the cart. will...
  8. scott1019

Thanks Celt!

I have never, in my entire duration of this hobby, gotten service to the level and sheer speed that Dan offered adding a switch to my ArtDJ pre, really simple mod, but very much appreciated and needed! I sent it out on Sat., he got in on Monday, I paid him same day, and it's coming to me...
  9. scott1019

Proton 320 Clock radio tuning dial issue

First off, I'd like to preface this by saying I could live on a desert island and choose this over the Professor's coconut radio... it's that good... The dial keeps getting stuck at 102 on the dial, I have taken it apart and with some coaxing it will move up, and then as soon as you move it...
  10. scott1019

dsd-7, Time...is on my side

Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch. Thanks for the belated birthday present :)
  11. scott1019

rcspkramp did me right on some killer SACDs

Great content, as described, and even gave me a bit of a discount (me being the cheapskate I am was very much appreciated!) Thank you!
  12. scott1019

Sailing fast on the Northwinds

On my way to Nova-Scotia! Ron, you are the man! Sent me some nice records and was patient holding them as I was between homes for the summer. :thmbsp:
  13. scott1019

110V to 220V converter

I am lost in an endless sea of converters on Ebay right now. I need a simple, quality, Step-Up converter with two plug outputs at 220V for 2 European plug-types. I'd rather not have to use adapters. A meter would be nice. My watt requirements are minimal, 250 Watts ought to be fine, but...
  14. scott1019

Importance of impedance matching drivers

I am wanting to find a woofer to mate with a 8 Ohm tweeter... using a single cap crossover. I am fearful that unless I get a 8 Ohm woofer, I will run into issues. What do you all think about this?
  15. scott1019

Library of Congress suggestions

http://www.loc.gov/preservation/care/record.html I thought this was very interesting and thought I would share.
  16. scott1019

I keep hearing this... and I cannot agree

"DAC technology is changing so rapidly that it's too hard to keep up, and it's pointless to own the latest and greatest when something new is already in the works" My experience tells me that, while there are always improvements to be made, there are only very small progressions to be made on...
  17. scott1019

Sony MDR-V6 $55 on Amazon

I regard these as perhaps the "most accurate" headphones ever for monitoring use. Identical to the MDR-7506, just doesn't come with the longer service plan from Sony. I've never seen a better "brand new" price.. Get 'em while their hot, for 7 more hours only...
  18. scott1019

Carver's Sonic Holography vs. Lexicon's Panorama Processor

I just got my hands on a Lexicon DC-1 that has the Panorama Processor to mimic the effects of a binaural recording on loudspeakers... after reading what this proprietary chipset is doing, it seems to be doing something very similar to the Sonic Holography circuit championed by Carver. Has...
  19. scott1019

Signet TK3ea cart./stylus

I have a Yamaha YP-D6 with what I believe is a Signet TK3ea cart. and factory stylus. There are no clear identifying marks, but this is what I was told. Is there anything I can do to verify with certainty? Also, I've been reading up about this cart. and it shares much in common with...
  20. scott1019

Marantz 7T case issues

A little mishap in shipping appears to have resulted in a minor ding and some veneer missing, I believe the minor chips and deep scratches were there prior to being sent. I'll be bringing to a wood worker for an estimate. Should I even bother going through with a claim on this? I will NOT...
  21. scott1019

RogerFederer tops Nadal

We finally "got there" and I cannot imagine a more patient and easy to deal with person on AK or anywhere else. Thank you so much for everything,. I know it's going to go great for the both of us.. :banana:
  22. scott1019

Ann Arbor Record show this Sunday!

https://www.facebook.com/annarborrecordshow?fref=ts
  23. scott1019

Yamaha 500M/1000M/2000M

I'm not sure anyone has fully explored these speakers in depth, at least not in the way I am wanting to. I cannot seem to find the driver parameters for the drivers used in these speakers. I am most interested in the 500M due to the cost of entry, but specifically looking for raw drivers at...
  24. scott1019

Era vs. Peachtree speakers

I am going to be the proud new owner of a pair of Era D4 speakers.. but I had a couple questions as I notice they are essentially identical to the Peachtree D4 speakers currently being offered. I cannot definitively confirm whether or not the Era's and Peachtree D4 and D5 are acoustically...
  25. scott1019

Auction for VOA Sherwood RX-5502

Great for a starter system or garage or extra room, but admittedly it sounds really good for what it is! Rare to see a "new" receiver with a phono input using all discrete components. Reminds of some of the really great receivers of yesteryear in construction and layout. More info at...
Back
Top Bottom