Search results

1. Jerryfan

Anybody heard of Nesstone tubes?

anybody use these? I don’t see much on the web about them. For 109 bucks for a matched quad I might be the canary in the coal mine. https://nesstone.com/product/nesstone-premium-hand-selected-kt88-98-power-tube/
  2. Jerryfan

New to me a/d/s/ PA4 amplifier

I bought this amp at an estate sale. I had no preamp so I bought a cheap Chinese “preamp”, the FX Audio 6j1. With the cheap preamp it sounds very good but the volume control is lousy and gets very shouty at higher levels. I have a different preamp coming (also cheap and Chinese) but it was 4x...
  3. Jerryfan

Bob Latino ST120 just blew a fuse.

I was listening to music at low levels on my Bob Latino ST120 amplifier and the music got staticky. I looked at my amp and the KT120 tube(s) on the right side were lit up red and blue(not completely, just on a side). I quickly turned it off. After it cooled down I took the bottom off and...
  4. Jerryfan

Wharfedale W80s?

gangtwanger check these out! Anybody know anything about these? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271960693067&globalID=EBAY-US
  5. Jerryfan

Removing backs of Bozak Synphony's

The title says it all. I unscrewed the million screws in the back and now I can't get the MDF out. I don't want to put it on its back. Any ideas?
  6. Jerryfan

Any AKers on the Yahoo Bozak Forum?

I just got a set of Symphony's at a great price. I'm really loving them. The have replaced my Vandersteen 2ce. I'm Hoping someone can guide me to the correct Tobin mods for them. I've read all I could find on these. I'm not going to do the work and some of what I've read is over my head. I know...
  7. Jerryfan

Bozak b4000?

I'm going to look at a pair of bozak b4000 tonight. He is asking 400. He said he got them from the original owner and says all the drivers work. The cabs are kinda beat up and he says there is a little "separating" do the grills come off of these? How will they sound with my digital grateful...
  8. Jerryfan

Bob Latino ST120 won't hold bias

In November I had someone build me an ST120. I had it for 4 days when it blew a power tube and resistor. In the 4 days it wouldn't hold bias. They guy that built it had it for 5 months to fix it. I got it back on Friday and I am still having trouble holding bias. I'm using KT88 and biasing to...
  9. Jerryfan

Un-boxy speakers?

I have a pair of Yamaha NS690 in my second system. They are powered by a Sherwood s8600a. I love their balance and tone, but they can sound boxy. Im looking for recommendations for a full range, open sounding speaker. There is a pair of technics sb7000 in barter town I would love to have, but...
  10. Jerryfan

What do you all think of this?

HK730 on eBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/321728738707?nav=SEARCH Here is the description: On this coronation evening of the first Vulva in Chief and presumptive Regular Gal as President I am happy to present to you this Hillary Memorial Lying Sack of S--t Receiver. This is the Harman...
  11. Jerryfan

Micro Acoustics FRM-1

I just got these at an antique store for 20 bucks. They are in pretty good shape. I read that they can have peerless or some Japanese tweeters in them. I like the way they sound in my second system, and they will have a new home at my work. Right know they are hooked up to a Sherwood s 8600a...
  12. Jerryfan

I wish I could....Yamaha NS1000

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291407739191 Close to home but no affiliation.
  13. Jerryfan

Sony ES amp Chicago craigslist

No affiliation http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/4878586991.html
  14. Jerryfan

Sherwood s-8600?

I just got this from a customer. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I didn't find to much online. I see the selector switch has only fm or phono but it has an auxiliary input? Can someone let me know how to use my DAC with it? I haven't even gotten it home yet.
  15. Jerryfan

Northern Michigan AKers?

I'm transferring with my job from Chicago to West Branch, MI. My wife and don't want to raise our 1.5 year old daughter in the city. We used to live in southern Illinois several years ago, and we miss nature. She has some family in Grand Rapids, but we will not know anyone up there. anybody out...
  16. Jerryfan

Tube repair...Chicago....FAST

So, I had a bob latino st120 built for me by a tech in New York (I'm in Chicago). After playing it for 4 or 5 days , it made an awful noise and I turned it off. When I powered it back on the back right tube did not light up. I sent the tube back to the vendor (gold lion kt88). I just got the new...
  17. Jerryfan

Tube went bad in my new ST120, already.

I have yet to really hold a bias, it has drifted up .570ish, down .520ish, over the period of several hours. I let it run through the night, at low volume. When I got up this morning, before I had a chance to check the bias, I heard an audio noise out of the right channel. I quickly turned the...
  18. Jerryfan

Waiting for UPS to deliver my Bob Latino ST120

I had a former (banned) member build my ST120. He did some mods, added a preout (for my sub) and a NOS Fisher carbon film volume control. I know you all know the feeling, like waiting for Santa. It's cold here, when it gets here I have to resist, and let it warm up. I have a quad of gold lions...
  19. Jerryfan

Hurry before it's gone, Chicago,il

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4753127584.html Made you look. :D
  20. Jerryfan

Mc2300 Minneapolis CL

I'm in Chicago, no affiliation If I didn't just buy a new amp I would of drove up there for this. 1200 bucks http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/4754260840.html
  21. Jerryfan

GE red 5 star 5670

I was reading that this is one of the best 5670 for tube DACs. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Know how much they go for? NOS or used but test good?
  22. Jerryfan

Vandersteen 2ce and their stands?

I just picked up a pair of 2ce with no stands. I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the stands do to the sound? They sound good with my Mcintosh 4100, but I know they want more power! They blend nice with my svs subwoofer. They don't have the detail of my recapped yamaha NS690s but I'm...
  23. Jerryfan

I want to recap my ns690s

I just got a set of 690 mk1! I like them! I really want to see what a recap and 5 way binding post will do. I'm running them with a mcintosh 4100, that was bought from audio classics a couple years ago. Well...that's what the guy told me I bought it off of. It has the audio classics box and a...
  24. Jerryfan

Updating Mcintosh 4100 RCA jacks and speaker terminals?

Does anybody have experience with upgrading the speaker terminals and RCA jacks on their vintage receivers? I've got a guy who is telling me I'm missing out and he would happily do the work for compensation, of course. They are crappy looking and loose. What do you guys think?
Back
Top Bottom