Search results

1. I

Empire 698 - RCA cable and cueing assistance needed

I just picked up this minty 698 from the second owner of over 20 years. A very light cleaning with some soapy water was all it took, and it looks like new. The finish is amazing, didn't even treat the wood case, just a little windex to the glass 1. He didn't recall, but somehow the RCA...
  2. I

Pioneer RT901 Reel Table Replacement - how to remove?

Hi Received a rather nice RT901 today, however, poorly packed and both of the spring shafts that protrude from the reel table were badly bent. To the point they broke the pot metal on the triad that holds the tape reels in place. I pulled the black metal top/sides cover off and see the 3 small...
  3. I

How to redo your fresh refoamed woofer when the coil rubs......

I've refoamed dozens of speakers, never had shimmed, always been good by touch, until this time.....so I thought I'd share my experience which turned out great... I just refoamed a pair of 15" CV woofers and found one had some voicecoil rub - crap! I always us Simply Speakers foams and their...
  4. I

Marantz 6300 Tonearm won't move fully to the run out groove

Hey guys, could use your advice, have done some searching and read the manual, can't find the solution yet. I have a 6300 that works just great except when the tonearm reaches the very start of the end of an LP and starts the run out groove, it physically cannot go any further into the groove...
  5. I

Marantz Model 510M - 1 dead VU meter, adjusting DC offset and bias

Good afternoon. I'm in need of some assistance from the Marantz AK experts for my Model 510M power amp. 1. DC offset adjustment I've checked the DC offset on my 510M and I read +19 on the right and -18 on the left. There appear to be 2 trim pots on each of the left and right amplifier...
  6. I

Sansui 9090 Driver Board r

I just picked up a clean 9090 from the original owner that was in protection mode. VU meters were only lights coming on. After checking the Sansui Forum FAQ, in 5 minutes, I was able to get my tuner dial and both tuner signal lights on by changing the red wire location. The posts also helped me...
  7. I

Sansui 9090 Driver Board Rebuild needed

I just picked up a clean 9090 from the original owner that was in protection mode. VU meters were only lights coming on. After checking the Sansui Forum FAQ, in 5 minutes, I was able to get my tuner dial and both tuner signal lights on by changing the red wire location. The posts also helped me...
  8. I

Pioneer M90 Amplifier Protection Circuit

Last year I picked up a beautiful M90 amplifier that is fully functional, excellent cosmetics and is the heart of my second system. I've used it on a number of different speakers with various loads from 4 - 8 and various efficiency ratings, but nothing like Klipsch, etc that in the mid/high...
  9. I

Cerwin Vega 313 or 317P crossover schematic needed

Picked up a pair of these speakers, see this thread for details. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=631980 One of the inductor coils in the crossover is cooked - I have no idea what value is needed to replace it. Who out there has a schematic so I can get these rocking...
  10. I

Cerwin Vega S2 - Mystery Speakers - Need Your Help!

I just picked up this mammoth pair of Cerwin Vega S2 speakers and can really use your help with identifying them further. They look like no other pair I've been able to locate anywhere on the web. They have 15" woofers that appear to be refoamed. They sport front firing and rear firing...
  11. I

Transcriptor Skeleton Restoration Help Needed

I've recently acquired a Transcriptor Skeleton turntable and I must say it's a work of art and a beauty to behold. After disassembly, it cleaned up well with a good treatment of Flitz polish and glass cleaner. it's got the complete Vestigial tonearm and the motor works with that cool reed...
  12. I

Sansui AU919 Jump Switch

Recently acquired one of these marvelous amplifiers and am in need of some assistance and advice. The amplifier will only operate with the Jump mode activated, -16 db, and when toggled to the Off position, no sound. Secondarily, the main on/off switch doesn't work. Once you plug it in, it...
  13. I

ESS AMT 1 - Pre Purchase Advice Needed

I've read some great threads here about the ESS AMT 1 speakers and could use your advice. From reading, it appears the earlier 1a,b are more desirable than perhaps the d - would you agree? I haven't seen anywhere the differences between the various releases from a - d, do you guys have...
  14. I

Pioneer HPM 100 Grille Badges Needed

Picked up a set of HPM 100 speakers recently, no grille badges. Other than trolling Ebay waiting for them to pop up, anyone have another source or have a pair you'd like to sell me? The speakers are in decent cosmetic condition, wood cleaned up nicely. Drivers are nice and most...
  15. I

Your thoughts on new CD players v Linn Karik

I would appreciate your thoughts and guidance on the notion of my replacing a perfectly good and great sounding Linn Karik CD player. It's the Karik III (circa '94ish) and works perfectly, sounds great, but it's getting older and is no longer serviceable by Linn. I'm not looking to spend a...
  16. I

McIntosh MC 2105 Advice/Wanted

Just joined the AK group, great site with tons of info I've used now many times in the past. I'm on the hunt for my first McIntosh acquisition. It will be used to power my KEF 104/2 and/or Carver ALSiii speakers. I'm currently running a pair of Carver TFM25s on the ALSiiis, biamped. They need a...
Back
Top Bottom