Search results

1. 2sixR

My KEF 105.1's

I got my daughter some ADS L710's for her vintage setup... pretty nice speakers... a lot of ADS are highly thought of and many models are much smaller than the 105's... even smaller, and for lower volume listening, I had some Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MkII's that sounded darn good for their size...
  2. 2sixR

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

you might want to take a look at tubes4hifi (no affiliation) for some nice kits, and nice build on the phono stage.
  3. 2sixR

well, I asked Burson about the V6 for the AD797 phono stage and this is what they said: "The phono stage is a bit tricky, with most design either preamp, power amp, headphone amp, CDP, DAC our V6 & V5 opamp can always work. But in the phono stage due to various design requirements some time our...
  4. 2sixR

so, was all ready to go with the Burson v5i in lieu of the LME49990 opamps and noticed the Burson V6 Classic... for those who know more about this stuff than a newbie like myself, can I use the Burson V6 Classic on this build... thanks in advance.
  5. 2sixR

Hi Sachin... wondering if you have any of the latest version AD797 boards available and a...

Hi Sachin... wondering if you have any of the latest version AD797 boards available and a current parts list for the board... also, what can you tell me about the PSU for the AD797 vs batteries... thanks, Steve.
  6. 2sixR

Looking for input on 400 unit

so, I've been searching for some time for a Fisher 400 to pair with my restored Wharfedale W70 speakers... came across a unit at a nearby stereo store that has one without the wood case asking under four hundred dollars... here is what the guy said about the unit: "the receiver has been...
  7. 2sixR

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

a 2245 I picked up for my daughter's vintage system...
  8. 2sixR

Sansui G6000?

I don't have experience with Sansui receivers, but I recently picked up a mint G6000 for one of my kids college graduation gifts... it is one beefy, well built, and nice sounding receiver... I think it might be better than the Marantz 2245 I picked up for the other college grad... hopefully...
  9. 2sixR

Yamaha YP-D10/D8 VTA Adjustment

Hi Bima... glad I stumbled onto this thread... I've got a YP-D8 that is a bit stiff when trying to adjust the VTA... would appreciate your fix for this issue... if you could PM myself or post to this thread so others could benefit it would be much appreciated... thanks.
  10. 2sixR

KEF Folks - What Model Should I Start With?

I must say, I have the 105.1 speakers (circa 1974) and after a recap have stopped looking to upgrade the speaker path... only problem, pretty hard to come by... depending on your system and listening preferences, I think it's one of the best from KEF.
  11. 2sixR

2245 Right Channel Cutting Out

so, the right channel cuts in and out... running all good out of both channels, then notice the right channel has no sound... turn volume up and down a bit, turn balance knob and she pops back on... is the first step for me to hit the pot with some deoxit? Any other issues I might be looking...
  12. 2sixR

Tell me about the G-6000

so, after picking up a Marantz 2245 to pair with some restored Wharfedale W70 speakers for one of my kids for a college graduation gift, I found a mint G-6000 with original box and all paperwork (including receipt) to pair with some restored JBL L80T speakers with T3 crossovers for the other...
  13. 2sixR

Show me your Mid-Century Modern consoles please!

thanks... yes, Honduras mahogany from way back when you could get it...
  14. 2sixR

Show me your Mid-Century Modern consoles please!

not really a console, but this thread inspired me to use up some of my surplus mahogany and make an audio components piece in the atomic ranch (aka mid-century modern) theme... drawers for spare tubes, stylus cleaners, brushes, spare bits and such, and a sliding LP drawer... now, to replace the...
  15. 2sixR

Mid-Century Mod Component Piece

well, decided to use up some surplus materials and build a piece to replace the temporary cheapo glass door vertical audio rack... after 4 weekends, ended up with a mid-century piece with some drawers for all the misc stuff and a sliding LP shelf... now, to replace the SS amp with M125...
  16. 2sixR

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

best looking in my herd...
  17. 2sixR

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I only gave one side a quick listen... sounded pretty good... I've heard Dylan sound a lot worse...
  18. 2sixR

2245 Incoming...

putting together a system for the kids for college graduation... first one is out 5/17, just picked up this unit with original box and manual that was boxed up in storage for who knows how long... hoping this will pair well with the 1963 Wharfedale W70 speakers I restored recently... any of you...
  19. 2sixR

Any Journey fans?

I'm with you on this one... and I prefer Schon's vocals over Perry... but that's just me.
  20. 2sixR

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

The Travelling Wilbury's vinyl box set.
  21. 2sixR

Cartridge Upgrade... Benz Micro Gold to What?

Hi rdka... first thing that I thought of was the Glider... the Gold is a .4mV output, and the JD9 phono stage has a lot of flexibility with cartridge loading... with the recent change in Benz Micro offerings, I didn't know anything outside of the Gold and Silver was readily available anymore...
  22. 2sixR

thanks for all the suggestions... budget, I would say around the 1200 max range (the Gold was around 6-700 if I recall correctly) - I can't get too crazy or the boss will have at me...
  23. 2sixR

looking for suggestions on cartridges to consider for a sonic improvement over the Benz Micro Gold... not that there is anything wrong with the Gold, just chasing that rabbit down the hole and wondering what I can do to my system that would provide a sonic improvement... current setup is listed...
  24. 2sixR

New or vintage turntable?

25. 2sixR

Tell Us About One Of Your Favourite Instrumentals And Why You Like It

so many good ones... but, one that always comes to mind is "Ocean Breeze" by Pablo Cruise.... why, because how often do you hear a pretty awesome, long piano solo in a pop/rock tune...
Back
Top Bottom