Search results

1. jgsulliv

Has anyone paired the ST-35 w/ Chorus 2's?

I use my ST-35 (with Dave Gilespie boards upgrade) with Klipsch Forte 2s (Chorus 2's smaller cousins) with excellent results. I have a Niles speaker switch connected to the Fortes and a pair of Klipsch KG 1.5s. The Niles allows me to dial in volume of each pair for perfect balance to my...
  2. jgsulliv

This is a very proud moment...

Awesome work! I’m envious. I follow Mr. Carlson on YouTube and think his capacitor tester is worth the effort. I haven’t attempted it due to fear of getting in over my head. You have turned out a beautiful product, bravo!
  3. jgsulliv

Anyone have a copy of a KX-200 assembly manual?

Tim and I have discussed this. I’m mailing him the documents to scan into pdf files. Once completed, Tim will post to share with the AK community. Tim can confirm where he is in the process, once he has the docs in hand and has lined up the flatbed scanner needed to accommodate the larger sized...
  4. jgsulliv

Anyone have a copy of a KX-200 assembly manual?

Tim, I have a KX-200 and matching FM-200B tuner with the original documentation (assembly manual, service manual, operating instructions, and assorted large scale assembly diagrams (Phase 1-4 ). I'll PM you. Jim
  5. jgsulliv

My new DG-SE1 - first attempt at a scratch build

WOW! Beautiful work, what an inspiration!
  6. jgsulliv

Can Anyone Identify these Panlocs?

It's so long ago I don't remember how I got them from them. I only know they don't fit anything I own. I will look through mail and files, but I doubt I have anything on it.
  7. jgsulliv

Can Anyone Identify these Panlocs?

I'm readying my MAC 1500 for sale. So, up into the attic I go for the box. While digging, I found these panlocs from Audio Classics up there. No receipt, just the panlocs wrapped in bubble wrap and styrofoam in the box. I recall buying panlocs for my C33 preamp back when, and have a vague...
  8. jgsulliv

Has anyone used this ST-35 chassis?

Direct linkTriode link to the ST-35 improved chassis offering: http://triodeelectronics.com/st35chas.html
  9. jgsulliv

Has anyone used this ST-35 chassis?

I looked for this chassis from Triode: https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/triodeel_2268_102996976 But it is now marked as “sold out”. I wrote to Triode and they directed me to: http://www.triodestore.com/diytubest35chassis.html The problem is I want to build a new ST-35 with Dave Gillespie EFB and...
  10. jgsulliv

Blasphemy: I do not like the Tobin 104T Mods on my Bozaks

Retro, With the mid range removed, the distance from the edge of the WOOFER to the top of the cabinet is only 7 inches. I suppose some judicious removal of flower pot material where the pot meets the top of cabinet could buy some “wiggle room” But my concern is the mid-range frame is 6 1/2”...
  11. jgsulliv

Okay, I removed the mid-range from the cabinet to better assess the required flower pot dimensions. The mid measures 6 1/2” across. The space between the edge of the woofer and the top of the cabinet is 7”. (See pics) Therefore, there isn’t enough clearance to mount a flower pot flush with...
  12. jgsulliv

Biggles, Thanks for your push! I I bought what I though was 8" flower pots, but found them to be too large to fit between the Woof and top of cabinet. Granted I didn't go much beyond eyeballing it with the back off the cabinet. did you remove the sound batting to install and then re-install...
  13. jgsulliv

I’ve Tobinized and am now considering the flower pot mod for the mid and moving the tweets. Does anyone have a design (size, shape, construction) or suggestions for enclosures for moving the tweeters out and up on top of the Urban 302A cabinets?
  14. jgsulliv

Bj, Thanks for your quick reply. Since I wrote you, I have a line on a VPI that I'm going to...

Bj, Thanks for your quick reply. Since I wrote you, I have a line on a VPI that I'm going to chase. (More money, of course, but you know how these thing go,,,up up up!) So I will pass, thanks. Good luck with your sale. Regards, Jim
  15. jgsulliv

That's a nice Denon table!. I may be interested but have the following concern: The spec plate...

That's a nice Denon table!. I may be interested but have the following concern: The spec plate calls for 100 volts. (typical voltage in Japan) How do you compensate for the higher typical voltage in the US? Is the direct drive motor speed accuracy affected by the higher voltage? Thanks, Jim
  16. jgsulliv

Bob, Thanks for buying the Dynaco PAT-4. Please send me you full contact info name address...

Bob, Thanks for buying the Dynaco PAT-4. Please send me you full contact info name address, phone number and email for shipping. If you use PayPal for payment, please send via Friends and Family, or include PP fee. My PayPal account is jgsulliv@gmail.com Jim
  17. jgsulliv

Hi Dave, I'm in contact with Redboy regarding an original condition Pilot 232 he has listed on...

Hi Dave, I'm in contact with Redboy regarding an original condition Pilot 232 he has listed on Bartertown. I'd love to have it but it needs to be refreshed/ restored before it can be put into use. I asked him to recommend someone to restore the amp and he pointed me to you. Are you taking on...
  18. jgsulliv

Zoso7374

Zoso purchased my Sansui speakers. A nice clean transaction. I also bought few albums from him. He delivered them when he picked up the speakers. The records are in like new condition with fresh plastic protectors on the album covers and fresh paper sleeves on the vinyl. I couldn't be more...
  19. jgsulliv

Saltwater

Saltwater purchased my magnavox 9304-20. It was a nice clean transaction done solely on our word agreement. I shipped and he sent a check. All went as agreed. He's a man of his word and a recommended AK'r Thanks! Jim
  20. jgsulliv

Highping

I just finished my second BT transaction with Bob (Highping) He's a good and honorable AK'r. My items were extremely well packed and shipped quickly and arrived as described. Members like Bob make AK the place I love! Thanks Bob! Jim JGSulliv
  21. jgsulliv

Premature buyers remorse

Bozaks I'm the guy from NJ! I picked these up last Friday and haven't even had time to hook them up yet! I'm really looking forward to the legendary Bozak sound. I'll report back when that happens. Happy new owner, Jim
  22. jgsulliv

Rca rs199b

Hey Kegger, I have no preconception as to which way to go. In fact I have no idea. This is my first step into messing inside tube audio beyond replacing caps in the Heathkit AA-32 I bought from you on BT last year (BTW, it sounds great). What I'm looking to do is learn by doing and seeking...
  23. jgsulliv

Rca rs199b

RS 199B - Beitmans Schematic Now with attachment!
  24. jgsulliv

Rca rs199b

Thanks Redboy and Kegger for your comments/ input. I picked this version of the schematic off the net today. Kegger, I found a 100ohm choke on the auction site for $8. I see two resistors in the circuit, the 100ohm 7W, and a 390ohm 7W. Does that mean I need another choke? Jim
  25. jgsulliv

Rca rs199b

Hi Kegger and other interested AKr's Heres the RS199B schematic and parts info. Thanks for any restoration/ improvement info you can offer!
Back
Top Bottom