Search results

1. Dave R

Seattle DIY show - Sept. 9, 2023

Sorry for the delay on the photos here. The club email went out a week before the event. I tried to post the announcement here and on diyaudio.com a few weeks ago. It's been a struggle to re-organize since the Covid thing put so many things on hold. Rest assured that DIY audio is alive and...
  2. Dave R

Tomorrow is the day . . .
  3. Dave R

A week to go . . . come to Mercer Island next Saturday, Sept. 9th and check out some local audio DIY stuff.
  4. Dave R

Just 2 more weeks! Remember to mark your calendar for Sept. 9th.
  5. Dave R

Here are some pictures of Terry's OB speaker (front and rear):
  6. Dave R

I'm planning on bringing a new pair of 3-way speakers that are (finally!) finished. Seas 10" woofer and 4" mid, Audax 3/4" tweeter, with series crossover. Cabinets are bubinga with cocobolo edges.
  7. Dave R

In an effort to bring some sort of meaning back into the lives of Audiophiles in the Pacific Northwest, the "Sound DIY Club" along with the "Pacific North West Audio Society" (PNWAS) are joining up in order to hold "The Run What 'Cha Brung Audio Fest". on Saturday September 9th It's open to any...
  8. Dave R

some of my DIY

Finally got these 3-ways finished after being shoved to the back burner so much during the past 3 years. :banana: The drivers were picked from my "rainy day" stash. Woofer: 10" Seas P25REX/DD, Mid: 4" Seas 10F-M, Tweeter: 20mm Audax TM020J5 The woofer has a Qts higher than the mfr specs, so a...
  9. Dave R

Radian coax experience

No problem, I can post the "final" series xover configuration (as of Sept. 2022) here to keep it together on this thread. In my setup, the one on the left is mounted on an open baffle. The one on the right is mounted in a 130 liter vented box. Not the final enclosure configuration, but it...
  10. Dave R

some of my DIY

Got done wrapping the upper stages and fin fairings with some rubber foam sheet material. The engine nozzles were made from sippy cups from the Dollar Store, then wrapped with aluminum tape. The 8" and 10" tubes were found at Lowe's. Finished painting the bare parts -- Done! We hooked it up to...
  11. Dave R

some of my DIY

Rocket Sub! I started this project with my grandson a year ago and it got put aside for awhile. :oops: We got it assembled enough to test it yesterday. The smile on his face is a good indication. FUNctionality was tested with Low Rider (WAR), and scene 6 of Interstellar (blast off sequence)...
  12. Dave R

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sept. 5, 2011
  13. Dave R

My DIY projects.

Nice work! :beerchug:
  14. Dave R

some of my DIY

Finished this noise system (see early stages in Post 94 above) as a housewarming gift for my wife's cousin and her husband. The speakers use 4-inch Vifa NE123 (4 ohm) full range drivers, with 6.5" PRs on the back. The cabinets are made with white ash and teak, 3.8 liters internal volume...
  15. Dave R

some of my DIY

It's alive! Finally had a chance to finish the amp, now that I'm retired. Sounds great with the Sennheiser HD-600s.
  16. Dave R

some of my DIY

whoa! looks like a project that will take you out on the open road. any plans for audio on board? ;^)
  17. Dave R

some of my DIY

This weekend I had time to work on my 4" Vifa full range project. I've had this driver (4 ohm version) for a few years. (Older spec sheet attached) It has a nasty hump and discontinuity in the response around 2 kHz, and another hump around 6 Khz-9 kHz. And I measured a rising response in the...
  18. Dave R

some of my DIY

I made another mini boombox this fall for a friend. Different color, and I found a leather handle this time. The same arrangement of components, and the board components were the same, so it didn't take as long.
  19. Dave R

some of my DIY

I made the black mounting plates from leftover gutter material from the barn. (Hey, the wife contributed to this insanity!) Two for the front (volume control and h/p jack) and two for the back (fuse holder and RCA input jacks). Drill press, tin snips, sanding and wire brush, followed by...
  20. Dave R

some of my DIY

More progress on the h/p amp -- the base is done! Wood is walnut and padauk, finished with medium walnut flavored Danish oil. Really came out nice, IMHO. :thumbsup: The top plate is aluminum, sanded and clear coat of lacquer. Some mounting plates for things on the front and back. Need to...
  21. Dave R

Woodworkers, I need your advise

Nice job! It must have a nice heft to it. :)
  22. Dave R

in response to Post #29 above Here's an example where that was done. The chamfer and then the 3/4" round over was done on the MDF berfore applying the veneer.
  23. Dave R

My DIY's

Beautiful work. Love seeing what others create. Corner horns have an incredible presence -- nice choice! :beerchug:
  24. Dave R

For a roundover as large as 3/4", it will help to cut most of the corner off with a 45 degree chamfer first. You can do that with a table saw or circular saw. That leaves a lot less work for the roundover. At that point, you might consider a hand held, but the stability of a router table is...
  25. Dave R

some of my DIY

Finally got a chance to work on a project that's been on the shelf (literally) for 3 or 4 years. Another SE amp, but this time for headphones. It uses 0D3 voltage regulator tubes, and 5842 triodes, and a Khozmo 48 step shunt-type attenuator. So far I've made a prototype to arrange the major...
Back
Top Bottom