Search results

1. Hifidelity1

Receiver to drive KLH Model 12

Timriepe96- I have owned my Twelves' for about 20 years and still use them as my LF/RF speakers for my HT System. And I have the Model 5s for rear surround. Simply awesome! Over the 20 years, I have used the following receivers with the 12s in a 2-channel analog system---Marantz 2230 (30wpc)...
  2. Hifidelity1

System Of Your Dreams or Live Performances: Your Choice

I think most listeners want premium sound quality. Been to many live performances where the sound seems like multi-single channel to me.
  3. Hifidelity1

Guy sings same song in 15 different environments to experiment with natural reverb.

Mary, the video is interesting to me. I am not a home recording fanatic but I have had the opportunity to attend several live performances where I believe the architects and builders worked very hard to create amazing natural reverb in their buildings. Most notable was the Sydney Opera House...
  4. Hifidelity1

please pray for a fellow audio enthusiast

“Mat 8:3 And Jesus put forth His hand & touched him saying I will be thou clean & immediately his leprosy was cleansed….” And Lord that is the same miracle we in the Audiokarma Forum Community believe in for the young lady that has been diagnosed with terrible abnormal cells that are destroying...
  5. Hifidelity1

please pray for a fellow audio enthusiast

Please allow me the privilege of joining my faith with yours in prayer. I believe that God answers prayer. I believe that God still heals the sick and I ask the Lord for a healing miracle tonight…”Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I need your help. A person on the Audiokarma Forum...
  6. Hifidelity1

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

Some very impressive designs and effort on this thread. I focused on the LFE piece for of a new 3D 5.1 system---two stacked JL Audio 10W3DVC D4 drivers wired in series/parallel for 6-ohm impedance in a DIY sealed box and powered by a separate Sonance Model 260 amplifier. The (5.1) receiver is a...
  7. Hifidelity1

Ugly cartridges

Agree. It is an unrecognizable ugly beast. Here are a couple of photos showing more detail. Question: How can one read the specs and think it could be medical equipment? For example, to me, one of the better design features is the high vertical compliance----means that stylus will follow record...
  8. Hifidelity1

Ugly cartridges

Introducing the world’s most ugly stereo cartridge. I have a Norelco AG-3400 that sings like a champ at the end of an SME 3009II tonearm. In fact, it may be the world’s most bountiful stereo cartridge. It is an MM cartridge but designed on the Magneto–Dynamic principle—let me explain. In usual...
  9. Hifidelity1

How Much Power Should My Receiver Have

....it's fairly easy to estimate the necessary power for HT because reference level is actually a specification/standard...... That was extremely informative! I have played with my system's "music path" and "HT path" for quite some time----processor/decoders, L&R Mains and Sub + Room Modes. So...
  10. Hifidelity1

How Much Power Should My Receiver Have

1. Have a properly calibrated HT system, and 2. know what volume position represents calibrated Dolby reference level, and 3. run it at Dolby reference level during movie playback? 1)Not many--for most LFE is a showstopper when it comes down to Room Correction... 2)75 to 85db rather than a...
  11. Hifidelity1

Built a Plinth - Garrard 401

Really beautiful...
  12. Hifidelity1

What you discovered in 2014--5 words or less

Figured out which end is 'hot' on soldering iron.
  13. Hifidelity1

"An Audiophile's Journey"

04blackmaxx… I’m just not happy I created this thread...I was weak. First: Don't drink the Kool-Aid... Thank you for starting this thread. You have no idea how helpful it is to me to hear how the Wilson Team designed this amazing mid-band clarity and detail and still include the lower octave...
  14. Hifidelity1

Can a rek o kut b12gh ever sound as good as a thorens 124 mk I or Ii

Both are a “thing of beauty” and any 'phile would love to have either one gracing the sound-room...I have the TD124/II because a co-worker was going digital all the way. Photo of my deck is in this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=598337
  15. Hifidelity1

DIY bass traps and acoustic panels

thymanst: Nice work--traps and panels look professional. What you did fits in with my "prejudice" of room first in the HiFi audio chain of components. I think all rooms can benefit from bass traps. One technique I used when sorting out the best position of a wall panel was this--I used a...
  16. Hifidelity1

Please show your pics of tube amps

Zandru –Webster-Chicago Corp Tube amp made for Army Signal Corps Not much info on the web about my mono amp. Military does not share much product data. There is more about the stereo/phono version of my amp on internet and it is Signal Corps RP-104. Where I live the Arkansas Air National Guard...
  17. Hifidelity1

Please show your pics of tube amps

This is a cool looking mono amp that I use with my HT subwoofer—diy project that uses 2 JL Audio drivers in a stacked configuration.. All potted transformers, oil-filled capacitors made for US Military Signal Corps by Webster-Chicago Corp. Transformers are made by UTC. The amp uses two 6V6GT...
  18. Hifidelity1

Albums you added to your collection this year and highlights

This awesome record by David Carroll and Orchestra titled Waltzes is on Mercury Wing Records SRW 16256 blue label. Outstanding high fidelity!!
  19. Hifidelity1

Whats the most Important component in a system ?

just dave---crappy stereo in a great room than a great stereo in a crappy room? yes, crappy stereo sounds better in a great room. I proved it to myself---took a plain oatmeal box painted the outside with diluted school glue for rigidity then sealed (latex caulk) a 4" fe103 full-range driver...
  20. Hifidelity1

Whats the most Important component in a system ?

My first “choice“ in the Hi-Fi chain is room acoustics—even trumps other upgrades (source, electronics, speakers).I’ve learned that good room acoustics contribute a great deal to better sound imagery (tone, transients, phase coherence, etc.). Said another way---I really need my room to help me...
  21. Hifidelity1

Portable "discman" style CD player

Samsung's Yepp YP-T5---I use mine all the time. Form-Factor Chic and functions galore. But the most amazing thing is the weight of just 24 grams, though you do have to add in the AAA battery (that in itself weighs about 12 grams), making a total of 36, although I can promise you that is still...
  22. Hifidelity1

Thorens TD 124.. What makes its so special?

That's a very curious plinth! Beatcomber, I wanted to replace my original 124 plinth (made of thin pressboard as it wanted to sing along with the music) so I decided to have a shop fabricate a steel stand. The steel frame is made with very heavy gauge (11 ga.) ¾” square tubing and is filled...
  23. Hifidelity1

Thorens TD 124.. What makes its so special?

By far the most musically satisfying record player that I've owned.
  24. Hifidelity1

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

Gospel—Porter Wagoner and the Blackwood Brothers Quartet.—1966 RCA Dynagroove pressing. Porter Wagoner’s love for gospel dates back to early childhood when his brother and two sisters were a featured attraction at every revival all over Howell, Missouri. This gospel LP is amazing as the...
  25. Hifidelity1

Orchestral recording with the BIGGEST dynamics?

Almost any Mercury Living Presence LP that has Wilma Cozart Fine as producer and husband Robert Fine as engineer listed in the liner notes or on the gatefold--- very wide dynamic range. I say that because Mercury Living Presence LPs are among the most cherished by audiophile classical...
Back
Top Bottom