Search results

1. princever

CT-F1250 Heads Nightmare

I bought a Pioneer CT-F1250 deck which was in nearly perfect cosmetic condition.I chose this model to match my Fluoroscan setup. Not a scratch but it didn't run. The takeup spool wouldn't turn due to a broken belt. Well I replaced the belts and got my pinch rollers completely redone by Terry...
  2. princever

Pioneer RT-909 noisy right takeup motor

About 2 years ago I performed restoration/repair work on my RT-909, using Rich P's thread here as well as other resources. I had my pinch rollers redone by the gentleman highly recommended on these forums, a new factory capstan belt, replaced all electrolytic capacitors inside the whole machine...
  3. princever

drabina excellent buyer

Alex bought a receiver (G-3000) and it was an excellent transaction, excellent communication. Would definitely work with him again.
  4. princever

Sansui G-2000/3000/3500/4500/4700 Case screw mounts

I have 2 of the lower series Sansui G receivers which were both missing the case screw plastic holder thing (not sure what you'd call this thing, some combination of a bushing and grommet?). These things: Anyway with modern technology, we have the ability to "print" things with plastic...
  5. princever

Making a "Speaker Source" Switch Box

I got the idea to make a switch box so I could connect two different receivers outputs to one set of speakers, safely. I want to be able to do comparisons with receivers through the same set of speakers. I read about using a speaker selector box hooked up in reverse, etc, but I wasn't really...
  6. princever

CT-F850 Reel Motor Adventures

I recently bought a Pioneer CT-F850 cassette deck for pennies because it didn't play (it just ate tapes and stopped after 10 seconds). So I went and found that several belts were loose and slipping, etc. So I ordered the belt kit and replaced the belts. I kept the original capstan belt because...
  7. princever

G-4700 LED Conversion

I have had a completely wrecked Sansui G-4700 on the bench for several months now. Almost every component in the power amp section had been destroyed or stressed. It had been worked on several times before, with lifted traces and botched repairs. I completely redid the power amp section with all...
  8. princever

Pioneer SX-3900 - Idle current too high

I picked up a SX-3900 a while ago for peanuts knowing it had tons of problems with the amp board and power supply. I rebuilt the power supply with all new caps and transistors (luckily the 2sk34's were good) and all voltages are within spec. Then I started working on the amp board. I replaced...
  9. princever

Pioneer Baby Quad - QX-4000

Last summer or fall I picked up a QX-4000 from another AK'er. It had one channel (out of the 4) which was not working. Some transistors and a new fuse took care of that issue. I recapped it and replaced a bunch more small signal transistors on the preamp and decoder boards. I quickly got tired...
  10. princever

Akai GX-635D Questions

I recently bought a AKAI GX-635D deck from a fellow AK'er. I wanted something to mess around with and something that would play 10" reels. It would not record. I have been working on the deck for the past few days, and I have solved the recording issue (2 bad transistors in the bias generator...
  11. princever

Noisy Small Transistors in G-3000

This is not really a question but more of an informational post. I had an old G-3000 which really got me interested in vintage audio, but the one thing that always annoyed me was that soft hissing noise coming from the speakers, even when there was no source connected. Originally I thought it...
  12. princever

Pioneer CT-F1000 rewind issue

Hello everyone. I just recently acquired a CT-F1000 with some issues. Main problem was that the Play function would not stay engaged for longer than a few seconds. I bought it knowing about this problem but I really wanted a nice vintage cassette deck to go with my other vintage components. I...
  13. princever

Summer Project - Sansui G-9000 repair / restoration

Long time lurker, first time poster. I would like to introduce myself and show all of you my project this summer, repairing and hopefully restoring a Sansui G-9000 receiver. I have a good electronics background, electrical engineer degree, and a current job troubleshooting and repairing...
Back
Top Bottom