Search results

1. Fred Fredrix

Stylus Upgrade for AT95E cartridge.

The jico's at turntableneedles. I'm using the AT95HE on a PL-516, big difference.
  2. Fred Fredrix

Simple, effective tweak for the Pioneer PL-560 (and possibly others)

Thanks for the tip, I might try it on my PL-516.
  3. Fred Fredrix

Under $100 AT carts

I like the AT110e better than the AT95e (it should be better, it costs more) but it's been discontinued & there aren't any stylus upgrade options. I'm trying the AT95he right now but haven't put many hours on it yet, although it's obviously better than the plain 95e. An HE stylus for the 110e...
  4. Fred Fredrix

AUDIO TECHNICA AT-LP60, how bad is it?

The LP60 plays too fast. A replacement also played too fast. Almost killed my return to vinyl. AT's customer service was good tho, if that counts. Instead for a starter I got a Technics SL-D205 on ebay for $9.99 (this was several years ago) and kept the LP60 as a cleaning table for a little...
  5. Fred Fredrix

Price of Devon 110 increase

Price went up on LPGear and LPTunes.
  6. Fred Fredrix

New Zeppelin vinyl!

quote from the band's official website: Technical note: The new remasters were created from 192 kHz/24 bit digital transfers of the original analogue tapes. The catalogue is being remastered now to take advantage of the significant advances in mastering technology that have occurred since 1991.
  7. Fred Fredrix

AT95e why does everyone love this?

Cuz of the price. All of my slightly more expensive carts sound better to me including M97xE, AT110e, AT120e, AT440MLa, 2MRed, Pearl, MP-11, I even like the Red Ed as much or more and it's cheaper than the AT95e. The AT311ep is also just as good (to my ears) and can also be had cheaper from some...
  8. Fred Fredrix

question about Duophonic.

Ticket To Ride on the mono US Help! album is a fold down of the duophonic version on the US stereo Help! album. Doesn't sound that bad to me but it's such a great song maybe that hides the wonderful awfulness of it all.
  9. Fred Fredrix

Orofon 2m red

I did a shootout recently and on my Technics SL-D205 the 2M Red won out over the AT120e, AT95e, Sumiko Pearl, M97xE, AT440mla, Nag MP-11, AT110e LC-OFC and Red Ed. My amp is a Marantz 2225. The MP-11 was a close 2nd, virtual tie. I'm doing some recordings now on the Thorens TD160 and the...
  10. Fred Fredrix

Sealed vinyl you never opened

I have a Beatles 1962-1966 that's still sealed, the German DMM on red vinyl from the '80's.
  11. Fred Fredrix

Heck of a good cartridge deal for entry level.

I went with the AT311ep and use it sometimes on a Dual 1019 which has a light arm. And the adapter raises the height of the arm enough to level it out. It does ride low though but overall I was surprised at how good it sounded.
  12. Fred Fredrix

Pioneer PL-570 - restore or upgrade

Keep it!
  13. Fred Fredrix

It's Beatles singles day!

Does Dear Prudence have a bit of flugelhorn at the end?
  14. Fred Fredrix

Good budget cart for playing 45's?

Thanks for the suggestions!
  15. Fred Fredrix

Good budget cart for playing 45's?

I was about to dig into my box of 45's but realized I don't think I have a conical stylus to play them with. What do you guys use? I have a Thorens TD160 with a Nagaoka MP11, a Dual 1019 with an M91ED, and a Technics SL-D205 with an assortment of carts, mostly AT. I'll probably use the Technics...
  16. Fred Fredrix

Need a loud cartridge

The R25XT is loud. I don't think you'll find any cartridge that matches the output of a brickwalled cd.
  17. Fred Fredrix

What's Your Favorite Pressing of Cream's "Wheels Of Fire"?

Ok I had to dig mine out, it's the purple/tan Atco all hand-etched Monarch pressing. I picked it up for a couple bucks but I'm not sure I ever listened to it.
  18. Fred Fredrix

SAE 1000 cartridge

Are you guys getting these from that guy on epay who has 421 of them? I wonder if the price will drop after awhile...
  19. Fred Fredrix

Need cartridge advice

The M97xE is still 54.99 at jr.com, maybe with free shipping still.
  20. Fred Fredrix

Top 3 played albums...

3 I play the most Quadrophenia The Wall Exile on Main Street
  21. Fred Fredrix

Letting it spin in the run out?

You must not have been playing a UK Sgt Pepper. :smoke:
  22. Fred Fredrix

Cart for Technics SL-D205

I have this tt and I've been swapping carts in and out for awhile. I like the M97xE with the brush down, the AT120e and AT95e are both pretty good and very similar, the Red Ed is decent too and cheap. I'm not sure if I like the Ortofon 2M Red yet, it seems a bit brash but I probably haven't put...
  23. Fred Fredrix

Doors Soft Parade

I have the German "Wierd Scenes" double album on the butterfly label and it does indeed sound very good.
  24. Fred Fredrix

Getting a new stylus or replace cartridge and stylus?

I can confirm that, I just tried it with mine and it's a no go.
Back
Top Bottom