Search results

1. pappylon

speaker break-in

Always clean your ears before critical listening to speakers.....they will really open up.
  2. pappylon

Toledo OH Marantz receiver project, Dual turntables

Don; miss out on the skunk skin.. .
  3. pappylon

Burn-in....

4. pappylon

Opinion on Speaker Cables?

Proper cables are neutral/accurate. Cables are not tone controls. Cables transmit the signal between components. To change the tone use EQ.
  5. pappylon

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sep 8, 2011
  6. pappylon

Dumpster find

“Father Forgive Them, They Know Not What They Do.”
  7. pappylon

Raspberry Pi DAC add-on

BOSS2 Player (allo.com)
  8. pappylon

Yes you can, and are hearing the cables ... They are in the signal path.

What is the "cutting edge" in this thread? Making claims is an opinion.
  9. pappylon

Best DAC for vintage receiver

To the OP.... A DAC does not produce a soundstage, however by improving the clarity and channel separation of the signal it can affect the soundstage. Any DAC built with quality components will do that unless they are defective. The biggest affect of soundstage is created by the speakers...
  10. pappylon

RCA cable recommendations please!

There is nothing wrong with buying cables built with quality materials. Just remember that cable makers can "claim" anything they want without proof. Those who buy those cables will make the same "claims". Every cable has wires inside that efficiently transfer our data, and that's...
  11. pappylon

RCA cable recommendations please!

You didn't mention why you disliked the cheap cables you have. You probably won't notice an audible difference in new cables, so just buy some in your budget that look nicer than your old ones.
  12. pappylon

I have been playing music through my Mac Mini & stand alone DAC 24/7 without amplification...

How can a person remember what their equipment sounded like when it was new, after listening to it for 30 hours? What has happened by using scientific measurements before and after? I kind of think that speakers might break in, but I'm probably wrong. The only test I'm familiar with was done by...
  13. pappylon

I have been playing music through my Mac Mini & stand alone DAC 24/7 without amplification...

Would you please explain exactly what is happening physically to this equipment during the 10-20 hours? What is a tight system?
  14. pappylon

The longer you listen to new equipment, the subconscious mind along with hearing becomes accustomed to the new sound. The reason retailers say there is a break in period is that you are less likely to return the item the longer you keep it. Only scientific testing done when new and after a...
  15. pappylon

Radio Paradise....

"algorithmic magic known as folding" "audio origami" "philosophy" actual words from the developers of MQA Scientific tests will show if it "should " sound better. Until then, why bother listening to a MQA unless you have no choice. Its the confirmation bias that tells you it sounds better.
  16. pappylon

Do you speak gibberish?

I don't believe that's gibberish......I think it might be "Jive" .... I saw it being used in the movie Airplane.
  17. pappylon

Cassette is getting a new revival!

If there is a revival, I hope it is just for the fun factor and not because anyone thinks they sound better than a cd or flac file.
  18. pappylon

An ode to vintage gear

Disregarding the build quality, the aesthetics and nostalgia associated with vintage gear seems to trigger pleasant emotions in many people. That's a good thing.
  19. pappylon

An Observation About the Differences Between My TVs

Being in the basement, the room acoustics may have some effect.
  20. pappylon

Pioneer PL-630

I had one with the same problem. If you do open it back up, make sure the belt was installed properly and then use deoxit on all the switches. Mine worked perfectly afterwards.
  21. pappylon

Awesome Small-Form Factor Amps

4in x 8in
  22. pappylon

Houses and Trees.

Tree roots are a bane to sewage systems.....large trees don't even have to be close.
  23. pappylon

How many speakers do you think Nora Jones or Diana Krall have sold?

When making an expert review of audio components, you must mention... tested while listening to Diana Krall.....
  24. pappylon

New AT95E on ebay. Fake counterfeit?

If it is just to get it up and running, you might check out the at-3600. Dirt cheap and many people like the sound.
Back
Top Bottom