Search results

1. krazygrrl

Sony GX800ES.....

About three weeks ago or so, I came into possession of a Sony GX800ES receiver in absolutely phenomenal condition (probably 95-97% of new) for only 50 Euros. :banana: I already have its larger brother, the GX900ES, which I had bought at a fleamarket. This one, turned out to have some problems...
  2. krazygrrl

Music videos (1979-86): An Explosion of Creativity

It seems to me, that the music videos produced between 1979-1986 were like "mini-movies", they appear to be like an explosion of creativity. After this period, the genera seems to have faded, first into generally "performance" clips, and then into near oblivion. I have always wondered what...
  3. krazygrrl

David Bowie's 1983 album: Lets Dance...

I have always wondered why this wonderful album (1983's Lets Dance) is not considered one of Bowie's best releases, or even one of the better ones. Personally it is my favorite Bowie album.... I just love this CD. Lets Dance, Modern Love, China Girl, and Cat People, I think are the best tracks...
  4. krazygrrl

Beatles: Sgt Pepper's (1967 pressing)

My father decided to throw-out his small collection of vintage LPs because he never listens to them. I don't think he has listened to one in a decade or more. My brother recovered his original 1967, Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. The LP itself, is in pretty good shape...
  5. krazygrrl

What is the Ultimate Lady Gaga Parody?

I'll vote for this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWxTGJ3TK1U :banana: ...."Check-out the future, everything is weird. Look at this guy, he has a metal beard." :music:
  6. krazygrrl

Quality Chinese Workmanship...

I know if I am going to buy a huge yacht, I know I will have it designed and built in PRC! :banana::music: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/2-5-million-chinese-yacht-goes-straight-down-161517593.html
  7. krazygrrl

Who is the "Queen of Rock 'n' Roll"?

Does anyone actually agree with the article recently on Yahoo, that Lady Gaga is the new Queen? I found it shocking, until I thought about it. She actually has some wonderful attributes. :yes: I don't know, however, if I would go as far as calling her "the Queen". Speaking of attributes...
  8. krazygrrl

Playboy Club cancelled

I have just seen, online, the pilot for the Playboy Club. I was so underwhelmed by the poor story and cheezy acting... I feel sorry for the actors and crew, but I am glad that it was the FIRST of the new shows to get the ax. :yes:
  9. krazygrrl

Why are Bose products so thoroughly and viciously bashed on AK?

Why are Bose speakers almost universally bashed here on AK? There has even been a poll which stated that "Bose bashing" was a prime obsession of the forum's members... Some Bose speakers are really not bad at all. The 901s and 10.2s come to mind. I had a set of 10.2s and they were pretty...
  10. krazygrrl

Super, ultra, and über-overpriced, on Ebay....

There is a Yamaha A-400 integrated amplifier now currently being sold on Ebay (item number 110523638689) where the owner wants $442.10 for it. It has been reduced from a staggering $680.15, for this tini-tiny, low-budget, bottom-of-the-line, integrated amplifier. That staggering sum does not...
  11. krazygrrl

What are your impressions of the Infinity Reference 4

I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of Infinity Reference 4 speakers. What are your impressions of them? What do you think they are worth. How do they compare to my Polk Monitor 7s (they are in a thrift shop and I cannot listen to them)? Any advice, ideas, thoughts... it would all be...
  12. krazygrrl

Sad news about Barry Manilow...

I don't know how many of you have seen this article. Barry Manilow is battling pretty severe heart disease. Although I am not a fan of his music, I do wish him all the best and hope that he has a quick and complete recovery...
  13. krazygrrl

Newegg.com --UNDISPUTED WINNER-- for Worst Packaging!

Hi everyone, All these threads about packaging and shipping... I vote that Newegg.com has, by far, the worst packing of any retailer. Here is an example of their wonderful packaging: (1) Open box (2) drop breakable electronic or computer item into bottom of box (3) crumple up some...
  14. krazygrrl

Foreigner "nearly" Unplugged

I just bought this remastered version of Foreigner's classic Album Foreigner 4 today here at a close-out for 3 Euro. It contains two bonus tracks. "Juke Box Hero" and "Waiting for a Girl Like You" which are billed as "nearly unplugged." These two tracks were performed by Mick Jones and Lou...
  15. krazygrrl

What is the true value of LPs to the collector?

Here is something odd... I know that there are many here that love to listen to their vinyl LPs, but is listing to the music contained on the medium (regardless of the quality of the reproduction) the primary reason, or is it the cover art? Or a combination of both? I personally do not own...
  16. krazygrrl

Painkiller Jane - new series

There are rumors that Syfy is going to relaunch the series. It would be a great counterweight to their stupid reality series like Fact or Faked. You know, the people that investigated if the Apollo-Saturn Moon flights were staged in a studio. One of the participants said that he felt they...
  17. krazygrrl

A probably stupid question concerning amps and speakers

Well, here is my rather stupid question: There has been a good bit of discussion in another thread about the virtues of having an amp with good speaker protection features. Much has been said of several popular amps, such as the Adcom GFA 535 / 545 / 555 which do not seem to have such...
  18. krazygrrl

"Audiophile Quality"???? Really?? How so??

Which products, items, or brands, make you cringe when they are associated with the term "audiophile quality"? For me: Anything that boldly states on the item "Studio Standard" like on some Fisher products from the 1980s and 1990s. Although I had a Fisher CD player, produced in 1984, that...
  19. krazygrrl

Sony GX900ES..... need help

I bought this huge Sony receiver a week ago at a flee market here in Germany for 50 Euro. It works fine, except that it sounds like it has no bass. Like its filtering out everything below 150hz. Quite frankly, it sounds like a tin-can in comparison to my Adcom amp. I cannot imagine that Sony...
  20. krazygrrl

Hello from Germany...

I joined today and just wanted to say "hi" to everyone. I'm originally a Mississippi girl (and will always be one at heart), but I am living in Germany now with my husband. Things are a little different here and certainly much colder than back home, but it seems that there are lots of German...
  21. krazygrrl

What is the most Stupid thing you have ever heard a salesman say?

I was at a Best Buy last year because they were having a sale on Klipsch speakers. One of the salesmen approached me and tried to sell me a pair of Bose speakers instead. When I told him that I was interested in the Klipsch sale, and that I didn't like Bose products. He said that I probably...
Back
Top Bottom