Search results

1. P

Sansui AU-5500...terrible distortion from both speakers.

Thanks for your help. I'll order new output transistors and will come back with the results..
  2. P

Is there a way to test for that? Or just replace them with new?
  3. P

R47-R50 all tested good. R69-R72 with meter set on ohms,R69-00.8ohms, R70-00.7ohms, R71-00.8ohms, R72-00.7ohms before subtracting the 00.3ohm resistance of the meter probes.
  4. P

With all the outputs removed, there is NO distortion in the headphones. They work great.
  5. P

I replaced TR26 and removed TR24 and once again the DBT indicated NO short.
  6. P

I removed TR26 and the DBT indicated NO short.
  7. P

If I remove either F04 or F02, the DBT does not indicate a short. If I replace F04 and F02 and remove F03 or F01, the DBT indicates a short.
  8. P

I will remove the output transistors and see.
  9. P

We have +35v-35v on the main caps.
  10. P

Yes I did use the old mica insulators.
  11. P

I just removed all the o/p transistors and checked them again and all tested good. Cleaned old thermal paste off and re-pasted them and installed them. Put it on the bulb tester and it shows a short. Then R38 started to cook and smoke. I took photos but my computer can't detect new photos from...
  12. P

I was very concerned about putting transistors in wrong and so was very mindful of any changes I made. I went back over them several times to make sure. I will go and remove the o/p transistors and remount them to make sure no shorts there. I did remove them to test and all tested good. You're...
  13. P

On board F-2907B, I replaced all the caps and all the transistors except TR 23,24,25,26 and I replaced R36 and R38 resistors. On board F-2414, I replaced the caps and the TSC1313 transistors.
  14. P

I checked and everything is good. Transistors, caps , diodes,... all good.
  15. P

I checked and replaced all the transistors on the right channel and they are all good. Actually, I tested all the resistors, transistors and recapped the right channel and all are good I made a mistake and meant to write TR24 and not R24 in my last post.
  16. P

First off, thanks for the response. Things have changed a bit since I posted this. I was able to set the bias and offset on the left channel but not the right. I did get rid of the distortion. Now, when I turn the amp on, R38 on the board smokes and burns. Also, one of the output transistors...
  17. P

Hello everyone. I've been spending some of my housebound time getting my Sansui AU-5500 up and running. When I received it, The relay wouldn't click on and a few of the fuses where blown. Over time I replaced open transistors, a couple scorched resisters, and most of the caps on the driver and...
  18. P

Vinyl Engine access...

I know i am resurrecting an old post but I'm trying to log into vinylengine and it won't let me in. I use the email address and password I've used for years. When I try to log in with that same email and password, a message says that email is a preserved email address. it doesn't recognize that...
  19. P

Luxman L230 left channel white noise

Thanks so much for the responses. I'll order few of each along with a socket from Mouser for this week.
  20. P

I will replace the op amp but must admit I don't know much about them. Can anyone recommend a good replacement ? The number on this one is 2043DD JRC 2045. So, am I looking for a 2043DD op amp or a JRC 2045 op amp? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  21. P

Well, I tested every cap and resistor and diode in the phono stage and all good. I tested continuity of all the traces and all good I replaced the IC (2043DD JRC 2045) with one I had on hand (2043D JRC 8220) . That didn't work out, just got a lot of static from both speakers. So, do I need to...
  22. P

I replace caps by removing them one at a time and replace with the same uf cap. That is what I did on this amp. However, the schematic shows a 3.3uf cap at 104a on the schematic. Replacing them one at a time with the same uf cap, I have a 47uf cap at 104a. I have 22 uf cap at 103a and 4.7uf cap...
  23. P

Yes the cover has been installed. I get the white noise with or without the cover.
Back
Top Bottom