Search results

1. O

Looking for DIY MM Phono Stage that sounds great

If you need eagle files for CNC Phono then I can send that too. ;) send P M to me
  2. O

Stacking toroidal transformers?

Stacking is not a problem. Just keep rubber washer in between and avoid shorting of one end of mounting bolt elsewhere. Keep one end into chassis with other end free.
  3. O

100hz buzz STK084 amp in Kawai organ

BTW, did anybody suspect that power transformer? May be it has some loose winding, wearing out enamel causing vibrations and power supply spikes.
  4. O

Advice on building a dummy resistor load

I use room heater filament coil encircled on wood and with 2 crocodile clips on ends. Measure the resistance with DMM and use this resistance load upto 2KW power.
  5. O

DIrect coupled(DCB1) buffer build

Yes. Now I moved to 20K stepped volume control made from SMD resistances. I am happy with it. Sent from my E6 using Tapatalk
  6. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

Rf = 4.7K and Rg could be 10K to 47K. We can get meaningful gain still slightly greater than 1. Otherwise make voltage divider of 12K+12K at each input - 12K inline to inputs and 12K as shunt to ground. Sent from my E6 using Tapatalk
  7. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

No problem! Please keep sharing your thoughts, we all value it.
  8. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

With default schematic as above, it is - Rf = R27, R29 = 10K Rg = R28, R30 = 8.2K output = input x A, gain gain, A = (1 + Rf/Rg) where Rf = 10K and Rg = 8.2K = 1 + 10/8.2 = 1 + 1.21 = 2.21 output = input x 2.21 times with swap Rf = 8.2K and Rg = 10K Gain A = 1 + (8.2/10) = 1 + 0.82 =...
  9. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

Ok this is for you. See that 10K and 8.2K. You can exchange its positions too.
  10. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

This is precise. Thank you. Sent from my E6 using Tapatalk
  11. O

DIY Simple Active Preamp

We look at volume pot. When you close the volume pot counter clockwise wiper (central terminal) makes full contact to ccw pin. CCW corresponding to minimum volume. Its left side of central pin if you hold shaft pointing to you. CW is other side. For operating voltage, i m happy at 10V. Sent...
  12. O

NAD 7600 Monitor Series receiver tuner fault

Before pulling all parts, just check continuity between part to part. It looks like digitally tuned AM FM tuner. May be touch audio output lines with tip of screw driver if audio amplifier and muting section isn't problem. Then suspects are various tuning coils. I cannot see details of schematic...
  13. O

JBL 4406 - 035ti tweeter repair question

Melt little metal on soldering rod. Apply flux on wire and pass that wire through molten metal starting from its open end. It will tin the thin wire. Then prepare new piece of wire same way. Just hold them together in joining position using tape and do quick job within 5 sec. Sent from my iPad...
  14. O

DIY Hiraga Le Monstre Class A build

@dodog, Thanks! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. O

Look what I found in the dumpster !!!!!!

A good thing in expert hands! You gave it its glory back again. Excellent work buddy. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. O

Drilling a hole in my NAD

Great! Congratulations. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. O

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Good one Sachin! Tell your friend to use 20KΩ stepper volume control. He will be more happy.
  18. O

F-5 and B-1 builders: Who's building the Pearl II?

Congratulations! Welcome to Pass Club. I am too happy with my Pearl-2 + Pass B1 (DCB1 version) + Pass F5 turbo V2. Most of these are playing for >2 years.
  19. O

CNC + SSP + LDR using OPS Build

Good work!
  20. O

The regulators are 337/317 so they can dissipate max 1.5A but difference of input and output voltage decides wattage it dissipates into heat. So I prefer input is 4 volts more than desired output voltage. Upto 0.5W its okay without heatsink. Now these OPS has LCL filter which put series...
  21. O

DIY FM Antenna

Yes, in my case most stations are within 30deg angled beam of single line. so building yagi around 98MHz done good job for me. Never tried J-pole, but have wish for the same. Thanks for the information.
  22. O

DIY FM Antenna

Congratulation for acquiring this tuner. See some work I have accomplished few years back. http://www.hifivision.com/am-fm-tuners-satellite-radio/44076-my-new-used-fm-tuner-2.html#post497695
  23. O

Built a Plinth - Garrard 401

Great work, excellent explanation. Thank you very much. Congratulations for owning one of the best TT around.
  24. O

You can ignore those parts in 24V line. They all are separate paths from PS filter caps of 4700uF. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. O

If hum is sole reason for selecting r-core trafo then please try to find the reason outside toroidal. Can you describe what sort of power supply and wiring layout you are using? Toroidal can work silently hum free. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom