Search results

1. javajam12

Magnavox CDB-492 mods

PCB photo oops forgot to post my pic of the board!
  2. javajam12

Magnavox CDB-492 mods

Hi all - I bought this Magnavox CDB-492 on fleapay last week and I am going to try to replace the power supply caps and was also thinking of upgrading the op amps. I've seen plenty of mods online re: TDA1541 chipsets and upgrades of those players circuitry but haven't seen much about the...
  3. javajam12

Apple: The biggest scam in retail electronics?

Well, these are computers, aren't they?? I use both Mac and PC. I have done graphic design on both Mac and PC and also have done music recording on both. I currently use a G5 PowerMac from 2003 at home for almost everything I do. I have not had a lick of trouble with it. In fact, my only...
  4. javajam12

NAD 2400 sound

Nad 2400 nudes Brassteacher - here are a couple of top off pics. Thanks
  5. javajam12

Best 2 channel SACD player?

For what it's worth, Stereophile also said the SA8260 had problems tracking quite a few discs - which is a problem that the SA8001 apparently does NOT have making it the one I would choose. I only use SACD 2 channel though so I can't comment on the multichannel stuff. I have a Cambridge...
  6. javajam12

NAD 2400 sound

I will post a picture later tonight. I did the procedures listed in the service manual and it wasn't really that far out as far as idle current, maybe 8 or10 mV per channel. It is dusty but I don't see anything that LOOKS amiss. Perhaps you will be able to point out some things though...
  7. javajam12

preferred CD players

Interesting... I have both the Arcam CD73t and the Cambridge Audio 640C and have been comparing them to each other for about a month. I really like the Arcam best out of the two of them, just much more musical to me. The CA 640C just seems to lack midrange and mid bass detail and warmth...
  8. javajam12

NAD 2400 sound

Thanks! Thanks guys- I've found a service manual and will check out the procedure in the manual. DC looks good but will check again. There is no noise in the pots on the front and the channel balance sounds fine. Could be some components are dying.
  9. javajam12

NAD 2400 sound

Hi all - my brother has an NAD 2400 power envelope he wants to sell and I offered to sell it for him. I decided, since I hadn't tested it, that I should do so before listing it anywhere. It is the worst sounding amp I've heard in years. Now, I've heard my fair share of NAD amps and...
  10. javajam12

Purchasing Mc equip on Audiogon from a buyer w/o feedback?

Audio Classics This is an interesting thread - I have bought McIntosh gear off of Ebay, Audiogon and from Audio Classics. The 2505 I got from a seller on Ebay got smashed by UPS. I got lucky and the seller responsed immediately to my pictures I sent him and paid me to repair it. On...
  11. javajam12

Best KT88 for MC275V

Gold Lion I too am a recent owner of a MC275 IV and it came with the requisite russian McIntosh KT-88's and chinese small tubes. I thought the sound was very good using these tubes. Upon reading thread upon thread about the Gold Lion tubes I purchased a quad. After installing, I detected...
  12. javajam12

Arcam CD73 or Music Hall 25.2?

Arcam I have both an Arcam CD73t and a Cambridge Audio 640C, which may compare to the Music Hall. I would pick the Arcam by an edge although I think they are both fine players. The Arcam has a nice musical midrange and lower mid that the 640 is missing. The Cambridge has more lower bass...
  13. javajam12

Audio Research SP6b

Thanks Gordon - I think they may be Sovteks. They have a tiny number etched into the base of each tube. The SP6b sounds very magical and I don't have any plans to upgrade it in any way. I'm very happy with it.
  14. javajam12

Audio Research SP6b

Hello - I just purchased a cherry Audio Research SP6b and am trying to find out what brand ARC used for tubes. They are all 12ax7's and look like my old Dynaco branded tubes that came with my PAS3. These are not Telefunkens as they don't have the engraved logo on the bottom. I believe they...
  15. javajam12

Cables

I'm already using those adapters with success.
  16. javajam12

Cables

I have an MC275mkIV and am currently using unbalanced RCA interconnects and am also using the gold banana adapters on the speaker terminals. They all work fine but I am getting a C220 pre next week and am going to explore using XLR interconnects and would like to know some recommendations...
  17. javajam12

New Sensor Mullard 12AX7

I just got a set of new Mullard 12AX7's for my MC275 plus some CV4004 Mullard NOS 12AT7's. Weird, the New Sensor Mullards don't really show any light when working. I thought they weren't working at all but they are and I think they sound very nice. I saw on a couple of websites that they...
  18. javajam12

Mx-110

HI - How does the MX-110 compare to the C-22 soundwise? I have read that they don't share preamp circuitry. I would suspect that since the MX-110 is a tuner/preamp that the unit is a little more finicky. Any user comments? I am considering picking one of them up locally and wondered if...
  19. javajam12

MC275A Small Tubes

Hi - I was just going to post a thread similar to this one. I have a 275mkIV that I am using RCA, not balanced. I have replaced the OEM KT88's with some new Gold Lion KT88's. I want to change the small tubes also. Should I worry about the "A" designation for these tubes? I have some...
  20. javajam12

Just picked up my Mc275 today, have questions?

I just got a 275mkIV and have been extremely happy with it. I'm sure you will be the feeling the same with the V. Turn it up!
  21. javajam12

Just picked up my Mc275 today, have questions?

That does sound good. Or sometimes I prefer a nice Belgium White.
  22. javajam12

MC275 mkIV arrives!!

Thanks again Ryan, I am listening to it right now! I'll be in touch about the C-220.
  23. javajam12

MC275 mkIV arrives!!

While my mc2105 sounds better than the mc2505 I have, the mc275 just sounds so smooth and effortless to me. Very dynamic and powerful. The SS MC amps are very, very nice and I have no intention of selling them. However, the mc275 allows me to feel the music more. I can play it louder and...
  24. javajam12

MC275 mkIV arrives!!

The larger ones are 7SE mkII's and the smaller ones are 3SE mkII's. Both are very nice speakers.
  25. javajam12

MC275 mkIV arrives!!

I got my large package from Audio Classics yesterday evening! A nice sparkly McIntosh MC275 mkIV. I have it hooked up next to my modded Dynaco ST-70. I wanted to do a side by side comparison of the two amps. I do realize now the naivety of that statement. Since firing up the MC last...
Back
Top Bottom