Search results

1. K

Atmos/Timbre Setup Predicament

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I posted on here but you guys have always been helpful. I have a living room 5.1 setup which includes JBL ES90 Fronts, ES25C Center and N24ii Surrounds. Right now I am setting up my basement in an Atmos/DTS-X 5.1.4/5.2.4 configuration and was looking to...
  2. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Sound is very nice might be lacking abit in the midrange but that might be my speaker setup also. I'll have to play around with my eq a bit. Very forgiving though, which is good because a lot of the records i own have fine scratches on them, will have to figure out a way to polish those out
  3. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

I ended up getting an Ortofon OM5E for 50$cad installed (no tax) now to test it again lol
  4. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

TTN has the X10ED which is the replacement stylus however its 105$, they have the m97xe cartridge on sale for 65$. The AT95E is 49$ so for 15$ the shure would be worth it no? How hard is it too align without the tool?
  5. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

well bad news went to play record today and the arm skated right accross the vinyl I looked at the needle, it's damaged so I need a needle anyways what a disaster. I found one guys that sells the stylus but it's 99$ for only the stylus, lpgear and needle doctor doesnt have it so what do I do now...
  6. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Ya I know just didnt expect it, even if they're made in england they could be built with components from Asia and assembled in England by asians therefore still the same as if it was made in asia
  7. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Just received my v-lps can't wait to set it up. I was surprised though that in opening the package that it's actually built in Taiwan and England like i first imagined.
  8. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

I see so if its a thicker mat it'll be brighter if it's thiner it'll be bassier. I thought the thickness of mass helped dampen the platter didnt realize it changed the sound that much
  9. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

That is what Im talking about, I think I just found what your talking about. Is it those aluminium brackets
  10. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

One of the hinges clips is broken, other than that it seems to be good, waiting for my preamp to arrive to test it though
  11. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Well Good News to report, it didnt take long. I picked up a Technics SL-Q2 fully functioncal in good condition, needs a bit of cleaning and a new cover (maybe) and maybe even a new mat. Got it for 65$ and it came with an AKG P10ED cartridge, not a bad upgrade from the SLBD20 for 65$.
  12. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Regarding the platter being damped, are the platters from technics turntables interchangeable? Meaning can we put a the 1200 platter on another Technics
  13. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Understood will definitely keep that in mind
  14. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Hey guys I found this through this site and read the review on this site. What do you guys think? http://www.ecost.com/p/Denon-Consumer-Electronics/product~dpno~8811684~pdp.gidicdc I know its refurbished but it seems like a good deal unfortunately I already ordered a preamp or else it...
  15. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Lol you would make a good stalker. Ya I wrote him already and waiting for his response. He's the one i saw the 1700 and it mentioned he would take in equipment. As for the Q2 reading the reviews and responses it is #1 or #2 right now just waiting for answers back.
  16. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Ya i just found that oh well scrap that one, even if it works now might not work late on I could live with the manual mode but wouldnt feel right but if it broke soon after getting it that would really suck
  17. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Lol now that i finally understand what I should look for I'm finding some good deals Technics Sl-1400MK2 75$. Comes with a decent shure SC35C
  18. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Well I know that the erson selling the 1700 takes vintage tables so I sent him an email to find out what he would offer me for the bd20 and what cartridge/headsehell was on it I'll maybe also ask him if he has the mkII or a Q2. As for the guy selling the q2 I emailed him to find out what...
  19. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

The reeason that they are mostly technics is because these are the ones which are widely available, I also found a Rega P3 however it's going for 390$ used which I dont think is worth it to buy that used. SL-1200MKII's are going for 375$ found a Club closing selling 8 of them but is that 250$...
  20. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Well For the rest of the system I ordered a V-LPS phono preamp which is going to be connected to a Yamaha HTR-5640 Receiver. Speaker are Northbridge N26 bookshelf with yamaha yst-sw015
  21. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

I think that's basically what I'm going to do. With some help from Adam316 he was able to suggest 2 models which I found. There's the D2 at 50, a Q2 @ 100 and an SL-1700 for 125$. I need to find out what cartridges the last two I mentioned come with to be able to make a clear decision. I also...
  22. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

I understand thats why I want to clarify that it is not a statement more as question. Im not saying they can but at some point it's worth it to spend for vintage and sometimes upgrading an old TT will cost more than buying a better sounding new TT. It's figuring out the limit thats difficult.
  23. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

I might not know much but i've been reading a and trying try and seperate the fanboy-ism and the misformation from the concrete and 1 thing I've noticed is that even buying an old TT and upgrading it can sound better than most not all but most new out of the box TT's. When I look at the RP1 for...
  24. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

My budget is limited but not to the extent that I wouldn't be willing to pay for the RP1 if I knew it was WORTH it. The problem I have is as Krism pointed out before him telling me that any vintage table with a very good V15 would be no match to the RP1. I understand that he has to sell but I...
  25. K

Old Vs New Dilemma

Thanks Bruno, right now the the bd20 is all original and is fully functional. The cartridge is the original orange one (sorry no indication on it as what type model it is) and with all this confusion I was actually contemplating doing just that use my original stylus and see hot it sounds and...
Back
Top Bottom