Search results

1. wharf rat

Sandy Denny

That's the box set!!
  2. wharf rat

Sandy Denny

Went to a record show last weekend and found some good stuff at reaonable prices. I scored a box set of Sandy Denny. Always thought she was terriffic in Fairport Convention. Didn't know her solo stuff at all. Shame on me!!! This set is outstanding. Voice, band, and recordings are top...
  3. wharf rat

Terry Hall from the Specials ,RIP

The late 70's-early 80's ska scene was my high school years. Weejuns, black and white clothes, Dancecraze (album) bands. Great memories. RIP. It pains me like when Saxa (English Beat) passed.
  4. wharf rat

Stuck on a desert island... What ONE album would you have for eternity?

Box Set? I know not one album. Village Vanguards: Art Pepper or Bill Evans
  5. wharf rat

Grateful Dead spins:

My first listen was Dark Star on Live Dead. 40 years later and who knows how many spins or how many versions I hear, Dark Star continues to move me in every way. I love it.
  6. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

7. wharf rat

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Question for folks. My tone arm rest is really low and I would like to raise it. Can't figure out how to do this. Also, my XB's tone arm lift doesn't work and I'm not confident in winging it. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  8. wharf rat

What's your username mean?

Clean and Sober Deadhead since 1986.
  9. wharf rat

Official Grateful Dead Thread

Super show. Cracks me to see "incorrect" photos on boots and other media. Didn't know Brent guested on 2/26/77.:rflmao:
  10. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

This Saturday mmorning feels like a CB.
  11. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Funny. Been spinning this set. Had this set for maybe 20 years and it still please me to no end. Such a great set. Can't recall seeing a post that I'm playing!
  12. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Not really jazz but close enough. Guessing there are quite a few Camel fans out there. First heard this album in college ca. 1984. Still a geat spin.
  13. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Digging the Art Pepper posts. Haven't heard or seen the Milcho before. Hope I can find it. Listening to some Herrbie tonight. You ever think of a title, play it, and go......perfect choice? I'm there.
  14. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Outstanding Branford Marsalis album. Straight Ahead trio work. I've had this album for a long time and for some reason it doesn't find its way to the platter. Trying to figure out why. Is it the M's? Monk, Mulligan, Mingus, Modern Jazz Quartet, Montgomery. I wonder? mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  15. wharf rat

I have one and it's excellent.
  16. wharf rat

The cueing on my XB has never worked. This is a project I plan on doing the winter break. I sure someone here has done this and can offer amazingly clear directions on doing this. Please help. Also, thinking about a spring replacement, worth it? Thanks and stay safe.
  17. wharf rat

Dylan Bootleg Series

Bought myself some boxes. I for one love these releases. Picked up Trouble No More, The Johnny Cash, and More Blood On The Tracks. YEAH BABY! So far I've listened to some of the TNM box and it is excellent. The playing is inspired (sorry for the pun). Great dynamics and maybe the quietest...
  18. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Been on a west coast binge with Baker, Pepper, Brubeck,Mulligan, etc. Pulled this one out. Heading to the other coast. A rechanneled for stereo on Columbia. Sure looks like a Blue Note cover to me.
  19. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Whatever Stan wants _________. Old, cheesey, and never gets old.
  20. wharf rat

Fond memories of audio as a kid. What did you have?

My folks had a Zenith console which was used for show tunes, classical and folk. I remember being in 2nd or 3rd grade (early '70's) and rocking back and forth in a chair listening to Simon and Garfunkle, Jim Croce, and Hair (the musical). Lots of great memories.
  21. wharf rat

all time favorite song and artist. one entry per person.

Dark Star Gr8ful Dead
  22. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

One of my favorite box sets. Enjoy. Try seeking out Laurie Pepper's site for other live Art.
  23. wharf rat

I think most of us feel the same way

It does seem a lot of folks I know play music via their TV with YouTube or some such site. Not too many of us who have rigs and libraries. Ater some baseball I'll return to spinning. Saw some Coleman Hawkins in the Jazz Forum. Good idea.
  24. wharf rat

The smell of vintage audio

I'm with ya! I will also include record stores and their awesome odors.
  25. wharf rat

Today's JAZZ playlist

One of the great things about the systemic way of jazz. You hear someone unknown playing with a known player and BAM......another rabbit hole to go down. Let us know.
Back
Top Bottom