Search results

1. Zeacon69

TDK vs BASF (new and used)

Its funny that Scotch, Ampex, BASF/AGFA, Maxell was the go to for reel to reel and when cassettes got big TDK and Maxell was the top dogs
  2. Zeacon69

Need help removing reel plate on Pioneer RT-707 to replace counter belt (belt replacement tutorial)

Even though you replaced the belt the table should come off easy because their are spacers under it to adjust the reel table height, but if it's working I wouldn't bother with it
  3. Zeacon69

The Maxell Reel to Reel Tape Reference Guide

This was awesome, very informative especially for me I am a big Maxell Fan !
  4. Zeacon69

Sansui SP-5500.....WOW!

Most of the old Sansui speakers were designed to have at the most 1 percent distortion, it was never advertised, but if you look at the service/parts sheet there is a chart for frequency response and distortion vs frequency
  5. Zeacon69

G-6000 Goes into protection mode

You need to check and set the bias and then the offset, unless the pots are original and also need deoxit or replaced, there is a service manual on here on how to do this procedure and the specs that need set
  6. Zeacon69

pioneer a-717 ”bpc”

I had one, very heavy, all steel and aluminum construction and dual cast power transformers, friend of mine liked it more than i did and i sold it to him, eats his Kenwood M2A basic power amplifier for power and sound
  7. Zeacon69

Sansui AU 717 Aux/Tape input sensitivity

If it was going to break something Sansui would have not had their equalizers with 9 volt max output and back in the day most people did not turn down the output level on the darn thing unless it was obviously distorting
  8. Zeacon69

What's the Story on the Sansui G-series?

Sansui G's have a fast sound, deep bass, accurate mids and crisp highs, not muddy or muffled they sound bigger than they are rated when compared to other manufactures of the same era, First generation G's have a impeccable and modular build that the G-x500 and G-x700 do not have (though they do...
  9. Zeacon69

G6000 protection problem.

yes if all is well the relay will click and power light will turn on without the driver card , I have done it to mine
  10. Zeacon69

Bad output on G-7000

The G-7000 will start without the driver card in and come out off protect if healthy, I've done it on my G-6000 which is the same minus the torrid power supply, most Sui's will not go past protect if circuit detects malfunction
  11. Zeacon69

AU-9900 Phono Section Hiss (on phono channel w/no TT connected)...

I have heard quite a few receivers and amps hiss when nothing is hooked up, or buzz when you take the headshell and cart off
  12. Zeacon69

Advice on a Sansui SR 929

the darth vader table always wanted one or the SR-838
  13. Zeacon69

Switched back to Sansui

I grew up with Sansui equipment my dad had since 1978 and when I was growing up, got spoiled by the sound, when I got my first job at 15 in 1996 bought me a Pioneer Sx205 and some technics floor speakers with 10's from SUN tv and appliance sounded alright then my dads G6000 started acting up and...
  14. Zeacon69

Clarification on the -20dB mute switch

decibel is not linear its just -20dB from the audio signal, most if not all sansui's have this switch
  15. Zeacon69

Hissing sound from speakers

i have had sensitive speakers hooked to some amps and found out the amps is not as quiet as i thought it was
  16. Zeacon69

Recording records at half speed?

maybe in the digital domain, but on reel to reel recording slower introduces bias noise when speed up, also different speeds on recorder could have different eq curves for given speed, also slower tape recording makes less treble and more hiss
  17. Zeacon69

AT-LP120-USB ... I WILL fix this thing

I heard the signal to noise gets better when the internal preamp is disabled and the switch is out of the circuit, done this for a friend when he bought one before they made them USB also, it sounded alot more quiet in soft passages
  18. Zeacon69

What Lubricating oil is ok to use on the tt motors etc?

i never had to lube my direct drive tables but i have used the remington gun oil on old reel to reels on the pinch roller, capstain bearing on belt drive ones, and reel drive motors
  19. Zeacon69

SP-X8000 hard to hear the horn working and no tweeter output

try deoxit on the switch they tarnish
  20. Zeacon69

Pioneer 701 Slow Running

The mad hiss you get when recording means the mixing board, the line and mic pots are attached to need the transistors replaced, many threads on this, mine eventually developed this problem at a point as i am second owner and dad bought it new while in the navy, it is common with the RT-707, 701
  21. Zeacon69

How do you clean tape?

a new Silicon gun cloth, buy at gun shop, gander mountain, dicks, fin feather and fur !
  22. Zeacon69

Au717 distortion in both channels?

Bias and Offset pots are probably corroded, and way out of adjustment, the corrosion on the little pots means they need replaced, a strong deoxit might and i mean might clean em but you will have a heck of a time trying to adjust them because the contact area carbon trace is pitted, even on...
  23. Zeacon69

G-22000 troubleshooting

I thought people wanted the original Sanken output transistors because that's where the amp/receiver gets part of its sound, and something to do with slew rate speed of the amp
  24. Zeacon69

Speaker Wire

parts express and mcm electronics make a nice 10 and 12 gauge soft copper strand speaker wire I think it might be OFC
  25. Zeacon69

Need cartridge suggestions for new Technics SL1200G

maybe a Nagaoka MP-500 they go for $725 with a headshell
Back
Top Bottom