Search results

1. cyto

Laptop with Daphile vs Wiim Pro for streaming to external DAC

As the title says. I have a 20 year old Acer Aspire that I loaded Daphile on and have used it with an Emotiva preamp (I sold the Emotiva) via USB. Now I have a Geshelli Labs J2, with USB, coming in which will go to my main preamp. I will be streaming Tidal and/or Qobuz and wonder if getting a...
  2. cyto

My DIY enclosure build for a small power supply

I don't know. The LED came from a box of them I bought 10 or 15 years ago. The socket came from Tayda.
  3. cyto

My DIY enclosure build for a small power supply

I have been making my own DIY enclosures for electronics for years and have a YouTube channel (not monetized) where I upload build videos. I recently made a LM317 based 12vdc power supply for a DAC I bought and decided to make a video but focus on the enclosure. If anyone is interested, if not...
  4. cyto

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

Would a Bryston B4 power amp be a candidate for this mod? I did the mod on my Sanyo Plus 55 receiver and I have a friend with an older Bryston B4 with power switch issues.
  5. cyto

Teac CR unit spark arrestor replacement

No it is across one of the reel motors, here is the schematic.
  6. cyto

Teac CR unit spark arrestor replacement

I am refurbishing a Teac reel to reel and one of the CR units (400VAC, 0.1uF cap + 120R resistor) has a lead broken off and I need to replace it. I believe they are spark arrestors. I have 630V film caps and 1W, 120R resistors. Can just put them in series and use that to replace it?
  7. cyto

Teac A-4070 hot chassis

A small pcb that housed motor caps had bad traces and connections. I just removed it and wired it point to point.
  8. cyto

Teac A-4070 hot chassis

Got it figured out.
  9. cyto

Teac A-4070 hot chassis

I picked up this Teac A-4070 reel to reel a month or so ago as my new project. It was pretty rough from dirt and neglect, it powered on but that is all. I got it going but have been replacing bad capacitors and fixing bad connections and switches. Now it has developed a hot chassis. I hadn't...
  10. cyto

2SC733(Y) substitute needed

Thanks guys!
  11. cyto

2SC733(Y) substitute needed

I am refurbishing a Teac A-4070 reel to reel and need to replace 3 types of transistors. I am having trouble finding a sub for one of them. This is what I need: 2SA494(Y) the KSA992FTA should be ok for this. 2SC732(BL) the KSC1845 should be ok for this (I have a bunch on hand too)...
  12. cyto

My preamp build video

I built from the schematics and sourced my own parts, Doug gave me circuit boards to try out because he knows I like to build and he wanted an outside opinion on the circuit design. The preamp was in development stage then. The reason the other amp in my system looks the same is because I built...
  13. cyto

My preamp build video

I built this preamp from schematics last summer/fall and just now got around to making a video. I must say that I love the sound. Pretty much all of the info is in the video. This matches a 3wpc power amp I built about a year ago.
  14. cyto

Crites tweeter diaphragm to Heresy's ll

If you are talking about the titanium tweeter diaphragms I did that to KG4s and Heresy IIs. It made a difference in both but the improvement was more pronounced in the KG4s. But the stock Heresy has a better tweeter than the KG4 anyway, so I would expect that.
  15. cyto

My latest preamp build

As I said the designer gave them to me, I was going to build it point to point, which is usually my preference. Bugamps is a new company that plans to offer kits, don't think they are selling yet though. https://www.bugamps.com/ https://www.facebook.com/BUGAMPS
  16. cyto

My latest preamp build

I meant to put this photo in, 1khz square wave injected at the input, scoped at the output.
  17. cyto

My latest preamp build

This is a preamp based on the 6N6P tube. It was designed by Doug De Young at Bugamps (they will be offering their kit version soon I think). He kindly offered me PCB's if I wanted build it so I took him up on it. The original design has one input and one output, I built it with 3 inputs and 2...
  18. cyto

Klipsch Heresy II

Mine just had one piece of foam.
  19. cyto

Opinions of these preamps?

The newer Parasound is a little pricey for me, would like to keep it at about $400.
  20. cyto

Opinions of these preamps?

I decided to get a new preamp, with a good phono stage, to drive a 3wpc tube amp I built. Yeah I know a separate phono pre can be better. I have built quite a few phono stages over the years and I want a good built in to fall back on and I need a preamp anyway. I use mostly MC cartridges with a...
  21. cyto

Let's see photos of your tube amplifier - modern and vintage

I just recently finished building this from a schematic, made the enclosure from scratch also. It is 6E5P tubes in push/pull 3wpc. Doug DeYoung from Bugamps.com designed the circuit. Here is my build video with some details
  22. cyto

What wood to use for side panels and where to get it?

I have boxes of short pieces from having new floors installed. I would think that most installers would sell you a pile of scrap pieces pretty cheap.
  23. cyto

What wood to use for side panels and where to get it?

I use hardwood flooring, you can glue it together to make any size you want. This is the last amp I built where I did it.
  24. cyto

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

September 28, 2011
  25. cyto

Just finished an amp build

Back
Top Bottom