Search results

1. 4seatPilot

CR-1020 Lights

not exactly in series, but yes - replace them all. The meters are 2 parallel pairs in series, the dial lamp is separate.
  2. 4seatPilot

Yamaha Experts! Restoring CR-2020 - I Need Help!

Here are a few pictures of the switch you're looking for. Sorry - this one isn't available, it is destined for a 1020 I restored that came to me with the switch removed.
  3. 4seatPilot

Yamaha Experts! Restoring CR-2020 - I Need Help!

I'll take a look. :)
  4. 4seatPilot

The Fez's lovely AU-20000

now where have I seen that before.... ;)
  5. 4seatPilot

Some TU9900 Mods worth the effort

Looks fun... sounds even better? That's awesome.
  6. 4seatPilot

bktheking and 4seatpilot Great Guys

Happy to help!!
  7. 4seatPilot

CR-2040 - did one of you guys get it?

didn't even see it...
  8. 4seatPilot

18 Months after repairing one- I now own one!

I resisted the urge to hook it up when it was here... it actually never left my car. But I heard it at bk's place, and it's everything he says it is! Very nice. :music:
  9. 4seatPilot

Au517 got ya

well duh... and I didn't need the hint either! just had to READ THE BOARD. :p
  10. 4seatPilot

Yamaha A-1

I could try and track it down.... But it would be a slim chance of success. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  11. 4seatPilot

Yamaha A-1

I actually had a chance awhile back at one in similar condition to that one you had... in multi-volt. Complete with CT-1010 and matching tape deck. I didn't have the cash, and you already had one. Little did I know.... :sigh:
  12. 4seatPilot

Yamaha A-1

:yikes: You SOLD the 2010??? :yikes: :bash: silly man.
  13. 4seatPilot

CR 2020 Power Switch

Should have done service bulletins... Maybe even do a triac switch mod to preserve the switch. Good luck... Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  14. 4seatPilot

CR-2040 dial question

that is nice and close. I'm in Port Huron on a semi-regular basis.
  15. 4seatPilot

CR-2040 dial question

it's unique. I have a 1040 that I could compare to my 2040, but pretty certain the 2040 is longer.
  16. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

yes - if that is the area where the hot resistors are soldered, they are exceptionally good. Must be a pretty low-hour unit. I've seen them lifted completely off the board and had to repair with wire or use the leads from the new resistors to make the connections.
  17. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

Mount the new ones well off the board for cooling... Kink the leads so that they are supported by the kink on the component side of the PCB and not just the solder on the solder side. How are your traces? The better the condition, the fewer hours it's been used. Sent from my Nexus 4 using...
  18. 4seatPilot

Took a chance on a CR1040

That's proving to be a useful thread!!
  19. 4seatPilot

yamaha Cr240 vs CR640

You looking for a Mac? 240 vs 640... They're both fine... but you'd definitely like the 640 better. Don't fear the power-packs - there is a fix if they fry, but really there is no reason it should go unless you do something dumb. You could get it re-furbed to also prevent failure (re-cap...
  20. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

Sounds like the voice of experience... watch those 458s! :tongue:
  21. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

I've done that a couple times. I think I posted on it... works great, but has to be done right. Or else... KAPOW!:yikes:
  22. 4seatPilot

CDX-1120 Schematic

damn inconvenient pair of pages to be missing!
  23. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

IIRC, Yamaha used the 2SD234 originally. I believe Merrylander recommended the 613 as a replacement, so perhaps someone has been in there and changed the transistors. The current part people usually prefer to use is TIP41c, but I believe the 613 should also be fine. For certain the resistors...
  24. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

Looks stock to me. Hasn't been touched. The condition of the vertically oriented main-cap board will depend on how many hours it has on it. It appears to me that it's relatively low hours - which would be good. The heat from those under-rated resistors bakes the traces right off the board. I had...
  25. 4seatPilot

Restore my CR-2020?

Museum was great - Huge!! Where else can you see an SR-71, B-1B, B-2, 2x F111 and a pile of other F/A aircraft under the same roof?? Loved it - we'll have to return when we have more time. We do get to Port Huron & Detroit now and then, if you want to ship it or meet me there sometime.
Back
Top Bottom