Search results

1. W

What are your favorite Sheffield Lab recordings?

Pio1980 called me and said he was going to send me a record. He told me, it was a good record and that I would find it very interesting. After our conversation, I was very curious as to what the record might be. The record he sent me was Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker I've Got the Music in...
  2. W

Let your ears be the judge

Yesterday I purchased a Shure M97xE. I was having some issues getting the cartridge installed properly. For some reason the right channel wasn't working. I thought maybe something was wrong with the cartridge, so I took it back to my dealer. The dealer installed the cartridge on a...
  3. W

Audio-technica AT3600

I have this cartridge, but I do not have it installed in a headshell. I have listened to it a little bit and from what I heard, it doesn't sound too bad. LP Gear has some replacement styli for this cartridge and I have thought about purchasing a stylus from them. Before I do, I just wanted to...
  4. W

Is a high-end cartridge necesary for good vinyl playback?

This is a question I have been contemplating for a while. I am currently using an Audio-technica AT120E on my JVC QL 5. The stylus is getting close to having 300 hours on it and I think I am starting to hear some stylus wear. The cartridge is aligned properly and I have not changed any...
  5. W

Cleaning records with great results

I know there are a lot of record cleaning threads on this forum. I tried a new method of cleaning records and I just wanted to post my findings. Right now I am using a home brewed solution that consists of pouring 16 ounces of 91% Isopropyl in to a gallon jug. I add a couple drops of Dawn and...
  6. W

cuing Records in the dark

I have been meaning to start a thread like this for a long time. Some of you on this forum know that I am blind. I was born with retinoblastoma, which is a form of eye cancer. I have been blind all of my life and I have always had a love for music. It has gotten me through a lot of hard...
  7. W

Audio-technica AT120E incredible cartridge for the price

My wife bought me an AT120E for our anniversary.. I just would like to share my findings on this cartridge. The soundstage on this cartridge is incredible. It has nice stereo separationand sounds very dynamic. It is a nice tracker as well. I am having a hard time hearing when I am at the...
  8. W

What brought you back to vinyl, or why did you never leave?

This past year has been an interesting year in audio for me. for the past two years I have been experimenting with media servers. I have most of my CDs ripped to a hard drive and I thought this was the direction I wanted to go. Before I got my media servers, my wife use to tell me, "You have a...
  9. W

Audio-technica AT6012 record care kit

I would just like to publicly thank Pio1980 for recommending this kit to me and for all of the other suggestions he has given me along my journey back into analog. This has been a great experience for me. This is a nice record cleaning brush to use before each play of a record. I am...
  10. W

JVC QL-5 hum

Hi, I picked up a JVC Q-L5 about a week ago. It is a really nice sounding turntable. I am noticing when I put the stylus on the record there is a little bit of hum. I have to turn my amp up pretty loud to hear it. When I turn the power off on the turntable with the stylus still on the...
  11. W

P-mount cartridge question

Hi, I talked about this a little bit on another thread. I have a Technics SL-Q30, with an Audio-Technica AT92ECD P-mount cartridge. I have thought about buying the aftermarket shibata stylus from LPgear, however it seems a little pricy. It is more than I want to pay for a stylus right now...
  12. W

Newbie from Grantsville, UT

I found your site through a Google search looking for turntable information. I grew up listening to vinyl, but never had a really good high end turntable until a friend gave me a Technics SL-Q30, which sounds nice to my ears. I have a Denon AVR790 home theater receiver with Sony SSF7000 floor...
  13. W

Stay away from Music Hall USB 1 turntable.

Hello, I have been reading threads here for a few months and I finally decided to join. I would like to relate to you a turntable experience I have had lately, and it has not been a good one to say the least. I was in one of my favorite record stores a while ago looking for a used Turntable...
Back
Top Bottom