Search results

1. G

Stylus cleaning fluid. Good or bad?

babblefish, That might explain why they no longer make cartridges!:)
  2. G

Need some headshell help

You have 2 problems. 1) head shell weight. To use a heavy cartridge, you will have to go with a wood head shell or additional counterweights behind the arms pivot point. Either method will improve this problem. 2) Your arm board is to thick. You need to lower the arm base so that your arm...
  3. G

My dog is a DICK

Quote: But my G.F. wants them cut off. Wants mine cut off as well. Damn !!!! Keep the dog but ditch the GF!
  4. G

My dog is a DICK

When I was young, we had a poodle that would fart so loud it would wake itself up, spin around a start barking at his own farts!:crazy:
  5. G

My dog is a DICK

First time I have seen inside one. Interesting. Makes you wonder if he doesn't produce a low output version. One with less coil winding's. Sorry for your loss. I'd send it in to Grado anyway with an explanation as to what happened. Perhaps they would cut you a decent deal on replacement. No...
  6. G

Help with Philips info?!?

I had a Phillips 877. At the moment, there is a head shell on ebay that is for sale that looks just like the on that was on the 877. I would think it would be the same one on your 977
  7. G

What headshell to use? Do they make a difference?

The best head shell you can buy is the Zupreme sold by LPTunes/LPGear. It is the Sumiko/Jelco Magnesium head shell rebranded. Actually unbranded! Regards,
  8. G

Current thinking on MM Vs MC performance

Where is this 'ranking' that you refer to? I participated in that M/M thread and still agree that there are M/M or M/I cartridges, when properly set up, will outperform 'some', not 'most', M/C cartridges. 'Most' was never expressed. I have a TRX 2 with a Sound Smith level 3...
  9. G

What would be a significant upgrade from a Philips 212?

I agree with rnorton. I heard BIG differences on mine between my Grado F-1 and a Stanton 881 S MKII. Like it was a different table! I hope you are not still running those crappy interconnects that came with it? Just changing those was like a major cartridge upgrade. Regards,
  10. G

Denon HA-1000 questions

I own a Denon HA 500. Hell of a great head amp. It, both the 1000 and the 500, must be used in conjunction with a m/m phono stage. Regards,
  11. G

Benz-Micro?

Dread31, Hello, In regards to the exchange rates. When I bought my LPS, I did get dinged a bit in regards the my dollars, but that was a couple of years ago. Today, this exchange rate is in the Dollars favor. The Benz will be cheaper to purchase especially due to you not having to pay...
  12. G

Benz-Micro?

I bought my Benz LPS from a European dealer. With world commerce the way it is today (on line advertising/buying), eliminating some of your distribution cost and inventory might be a good business move! From what I have heard, sales have never been better for them.
  13. G

Astatic MF-200 Stylus Replacement

Hello Tienshi, I have a NOS Glantz MF 300 styli still in the box that I have no use for. Make me an offer and its yours! Regards, Don Griffith
  14. G

Are you a serial cartridge swapper?

You need to buy a Mint Tracker if you are spending an hour to set up cartridges! Usually 5 minutes or less with the tracker. Occasionally it does take a few minutes more if you happen to have a cartridge that will not stay where it was positioned in the head shell when you tighten the screws...
  15. G

Are you a serial cartridge swapper?

Owning 70+ cartridges, I due tend to rotate alot, but not based on the record!
  16. G

How to flatten Achromat Funk Firm 3mm?

My 5 mil. version came with double back tape for installation. Didn't yours? If not, buy some at Home Depot.
  17. G

HELP! My MC cartridge is a magnet

I do not understand what the problem is? If it is nothing more that a few screws that have become attached to he cartridge, well we all have had that happen. Just take a pair of tweezers, and carefully pull the screws off. Be careful not to grab onto one of the tiny coil wires in this screw...
  18. G

Cartridge Repair Help Needed

DigitalDad, I believe that NeedleClinic in Seattle actually sources his cantilevers/styli from Denon. When I asked for a description of his cantilever alloy material, he quoted word for word the same description given by Denon. Now nothing wrong with Sound Smith's cantilevers. Even his...
  19. G

Ortofon T3000 sut?

The disease that you have suddenly acquired is call 'upgradeitis' ! :D There is no known cure! Regards,
  20. G

Onzow Zerodust

I agree with thebeez85. Regards
  21. G

How much magnification needed to see if stylus is bad?

I agree with just about everything stated so far. But one thing that has not been made clear is the ability to understand what it is you need to be looking for. The lighting is absolutely critical. More and concentrated the better. But to be able to understand what it is you are seeing is just...
  22. G

Vinyl sibilance

62vauxhall, If the side of the stylus holder does not say Stanton, then it is 'NOT' a Stanton. A 'replacement' can be made by anybody. Someone in China, someone in Mexico, etc. Might be good, might be bad. But definitely not an original Stanton if it does not say Stanton. Regards,
  23. G

Astatic MF-400 vs MF-100/200/300

I have a MF 100, MF200 and a few of the clone Glantz's. As you move up the line, sorry but mind blowing is not what you are going to find. A little deeper in detail retrieval is what you will discover. Regards,
  24. G

The original AT152LC stylus has arrived....

You will play 'hell' in finding something that will beat it. Concrat's!:thmbsp:
  25. G

Signet TK7LCa

If there is nothing wrong with the TK 7CLa stylus, then what you propose is nothing more than a lateral move. Why spend the money? Wear out the 7CLa stylus and then face its replacement decision. Regards,
Back
Top Bottom