Search results

1. E

AR 18s Cone-Suspension Question

One step ahead. I replaced with 5.1 uF Dayton Audio caps. :)
  2. E

I repaired the corrugated spider using epoxy. Then I finished the refoam and everything came out perfect. What great imaging in these little guys! Thanks for the help.
  3. E

Thanks for the images. That's right. Separated at bottom of cone, top of corrugated suspension. I will definitely try reglue. 1) Best glue to use? 2) Any tricks to position before gluing since the cone and corrugated suspension are sagging down? Thank you.
  4. E

I recently picked up a pair of Acoustic Research 18s speakers. Foam was obviously toast but all of the drivers seemed good EXCEPT one of the 8-inch cones was separating from the suspension. It's only attached about 3/4 of the way around and the cone doesn't spring back well because of it. I've...
  5. E

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I had a very similar receiver amp from Vector Research while back. I really loved the sound even compared to my Sansui and Marantz. For some reason it seemed to throw a great soundstage.
  6. E

Sansui FR-D25 sounds better than it should...

I just picked up a Sansui FR-D25 from a thrift shop and I'm very surprised how good it sounds! It has an AT71E stylus mounted to an unknown cartridge. I didn't expect much from a belt-drive turntable with no anti skate but... I'm enjoying it more than my Dual 1229Q, my Realistic Lab 440, and my...
  7. E

Check the label. I once found a vintage leather jacket in the bins at BTP and sold it for $300.
  8. E

Nice find! That sub can move some major air. Ran over $1000 new.
  9. E

I do. Just sold one a month ago on ebay. 1s/1s in vg but only got $150. It was a great recording.
  10. E

ELAC Miracord 825 $15 at a garage sale this morning. Spun up at both speeds. Looking forward to a listen tonight!
  11. E

Audio Spectrum Speakers.

Just fyi, I had this same speakers brand new in 1982 and, yes, they were purchased at Crazy Eddie's in New Jersey. Just last year I came across the two way model with smaller woofer. I was instantly reminded of that great high end sound. Alas, I sold them before pulling the tweets. Does anyone...
  12. E

Just checked the recent sales on that auction site. These drivers (without crossover!) haven't sold for less than $4, 000. Pairs have gone well upwards of $11, 000. Score of the year?
  13. E

Amazing score.
  14. E

Don't hold out on us. What are the Blue Note titles?
  15. E

Thanks so much. You are right. I believe what I have are the Dana Model 1. Appreciate the help!
  16. E

Need Some Help Identifying... Picked up two sets of speakers at the thrifts today. One was a pair of Realistic Nova 10 in great condition for $10 (not pictured). The other is a make that I can't identify. The signature one the badge looks like it says Dave. There are no other markings. Any ideas?
  17. E

Habitat Restore I stopped by a Habitat for Humanity store today which I usually don't go to. I had heard that someone had seen speakers there a few weeks ago so I decided to stop by. I asked one of the workers where they keep the speakers that come in. He told me that they usually don't sell...
  18. E

Wow! Gotta let us know if the refoam does the trick.
  19. E

Hitachi HT-350 Picked this up at a local antiques shop. No cartridge or dust cover, but its heavy, direct drive, and the speed seems rock solid on the strobe. Best of all $13! Will throw a cart on soon and find out how it sounds...
  20. E

Are you kidding me? Pics, pics, pics!
  21. E

Congrats on the find! I picked these up with the Denon system at a garage sale about 5 years ago. I use them as my computer speakers and they sound fantastic. They image incredibly well and are a pleasure to listen to for extended periods.
  22. E

Here you go: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/arvin_1586_ch146500_146500.html
  23. E

What are those speakers you picked up?
  24. E

Peerless CT-62 Tweeter Help

Great! PM sent.
Back
Top Bottom