Search results

1. dgunnr

Christmas Story

I recently sold a restored Marantz 2330B. The amount is not important. The buyer who bought the unit purchased it for his 30 something son. Besides being one hell of a generous father I was more happy that a much younger generation will be afforded the opportunity to listen to a vintage...
  2. dgunnr

Marantz Speakers- M xx and Model xxx Service Manuals

Recently acquired some very hard to find Service Manuals on the M line (M 2, M 10 and M 16) and Model line (Model 200, 400, 600). These are the last two designs by Ed May before he past away in 1980. The HD and DS line were also designed by ED May, and are highly rated, but these 2 lines were...
  3. dgunnr

M 16 Speaker Info Request

If anyone has a brochure or spec sheet on the Marantz M 16 speakers can you post or send to my email address dgunnr1959@gmail.com thank you for any help, Dennis
  4. dgunnr

New Marantz Speakers!

The Marantz DS (Designer Series) and HD (High Definition) series continue to impress when heard by other audiophiles who have never heard them before By way of background i sell fully restored Marantz equipment (not here to promote that fact). All restored units I sell are paired either with...
  5. dgunnr

Marantz DS 940

just bought a second pair of Marantz DS 940‘s. Wife claimed the first pair. I bought them from an ex Marantz dealer employee who purchased them new. Condition is about as good as you could expect at this age. I’m going to take to my Restoration expert Sal Barbaro from Vermont Restoration...
  6. dgunnr

My newest Marantz, 2330B fully restored

Cheers to everyone. Finally added a 2330B to my personal collection. Not going to sell this one since they are getting hard to find in this condition. This unit joins my fully restored 2500, 2325, 2285B (European Faceplate) and 2270 (Have both Silver and Champagne face plate for it)...
  7. dgunnr

Marantz Model 600 Speaker Update

Just an update on a thread i posted in 2012. These are the Model 600 focus field speakers made by Marantz. After years of searching i managed to accumulate some original Marantz information. The brochure is from 1980. They did not make a model 800 with a 12" bass. Some thought that since Marantz...
  8. dgunnr

Pioneer SX-1980

Hi Pioneer owners. I own a totally restored SX-1980 ( just finished by fellow member Salbreth1) and I'm looking to replace the scratched radio dial knob and bass knob. Can someone tell me what other Pioneer SX models would have these knobs that fit the SX-1980? I know the SX-950, 1050, 1250...
  9. dgunnr

Craig's list warning

Just a heads up, a poster from the Maryland area will post a nice looking serviced 2270 with a wood case for around $300. This is a scam. The posters name is usually Dave. The same person has also posted Pioneer SX receivers. The other day I saw a 2270 champagne engraved unit in Yuma, New...
  10. dgunnr

Pioneer SX-1980 help for a question

Recently bought a Pioneer SX-1980. It is missing the volume control knob. Do you know what other Pioneer models from the other SX line would fit the 1980? Hopefully some knowledgeable owners/restorers can respond to my question. Thanks all!! As you can see i am a Marantz guy but am...
  11. dgunnr

Marantz 2285B European Face Plate

After several near misses over the past 7 years I finally managed to buy a Marantz 2285B with the original European black face plate. It is in excellent condition and is going to look stunning. I always felt the the 2285B was among the very best sounding Marantz receivers ever made and the...
  12. dgunnr

Marantz 2270 engraved face plate update

I have been trying to research how many silver engraved 2270 units were made out of the 4,000 total made. Reminder, the run started at 1,001 and ended at 5,000 according to what I have read from many others. This sounds right because I had a serial number 5025 and it was not engraved. So far I...
  13. dgunnr

Marantz 2270 engraved face plate data requested

Hello! A while back i started a thread trying to determine how many Marantz 2270 engraved units were made by exterior color type (champagne and silver engraved) on the face plates. Simply put, there was a champagne engraved face plate and an even rarer silver engraved face plate made for the...
  14. dgunnr

Marantz speaker info needed... help

Hi, I'm a Marantz collector and own the following Marantz speakers: HD-880 DS-940 Model 600 M-16 What i'm trying to find out is what the retail prices were for these speakers back when they were made between 1977-1980. Thanks to anyone on this site for taking the time to respond back.
  15. dgunnr

Marantz 2270 Engraved Survey

Hi everyone! I recently bought, and had restored, a beautiful Marantz 2270 Silver Engraved receiver. The restoration was done fellow Audiokarma member Salbreth1. He did a phenomenal job. This purchase was by accident. I knew it was an engraved 2270 due to the serial number being between...
  16. dgunnr

Marantz M16 Speakers

My latest and maybe last find. I just bought a set of the Marantz M16's. This would be the finest of legendary JBL/Marantz designer Ed Mays work before he passed away in 1980. I also own the model 600 speakers which have the same mid, tweeter and super tweeter but with a 10" Bass. Specs...
  17. dgunnr

Marantz 600 need your help!

Marantz 600 speakers need your help! I am desperately trying to get any concrete information on the Marantz 600 speakers. Specifically when they were built and what they cost new. Also, what other models were made (200, 400, 600 and maybe the 800?) I could be wrong but based on some...
  18. dgunnr

My new speakers, Marantz 600's!

I thought i was fairly knowledgeable about Marantz speakers, especially the famous Ed May designs (HDXX, HD-XXX, DS (Designer Series) during the mid 70's to 1980. For the longest time I believed he only designed the above 3 series while he was at Marantz. Since joining this site a year ago...
  19. dgunnr

Speaker questions, need opinions!

Can anyone tell me if the Marantz 600 series speakers sound better than the Marantz HD-880's? Both were designed by legendary speaker engineer Edmond May with the 600 series being his last design. If anyone has any experience with between these two models i would love to hear your opinion...
Back
Top Bottom