Search results

1. J

Croft Phono Integrated

The Croft is one I’ve been curious about, especially at its present discount. The dual volume control would likely benefit in my room. They do make this without the phono stage though I doubt it’s available over here.
  2. J

Is there an alternative to JBL?

This reviewer is a big fan of Jbl and is very enthused by the Triangle presentation. The 6.5 Inch woofer may seem lacking but as far as dynamics go, he actually finds them more dynamic than Jbl. Hopefully your room isn’t too large. Triangle bro 2 + 3 bookshelf speakers Sound demo, enough...
  3. J

Wharfedale Jade 3 is in da room!

Did you go through the variety of ways to connect the speaker wire to the Jades?
  4. J

Modwright

I misspoke as to what post color to connect. Post corrected. A quick search online brought up the term "cross - wire" for what I thought was a more common practice. There are a couple threads of people suggesting this for alternative speaker balances. It does wonders for my set-up.
  5. J

Modwright

Post 10: ^^^ Not sure what you are saying? I assume you are talking about bi-wire? Sorry, if you are using single wire and are connecting both leads to the top two connections, try dropping just the red connection to the bottom red one.
  6. J

Modwright

Have you tried a different wire hook-up configuration at the speakers? I currently use a staggered approach (bass at the top, treble at the bottom) that has helped re-stage things.
  7. J

finally pulled the trigger and boy am i pissed!

OP post #1 "The voices of the singer sound almost muffled compare to the crystal clear sound of the nad." The Yamaha will only give you the external voice of the singer. All of the sound is the voice is once its left the mouth whereas the Nad presents the initial source of the throat, lungs...
  8. J

Luxman D-N10 CD player

Art, have you ever owned any Luxman products?
  9. J

Yamaha's new crop of integrated amps

I have a R-S700 receiver with the plastic knobs and always thought they where meant to enhance "feel" by giving a more direct sense of the dial shaft mechanisms. The micro adjustment touch you get with the volume knob is really great. Considering the build quality of the rest of the unit I...
  10. J

What does a full Rega system sound like?

Here is a YouTube link to a nearly exclusive Rega system that may indicate some signatures to it's production. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0XvMWHHXwU
  11. J

Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier Home Trial Notes

A quick comment/aside: SeanMG, having finally found a satisfying interconnect for my RS700 receiver in an Audio Metallurgy GA-3 this video indicates to me an equally pleasing execution, could you tell of the interconnects and speaker wire.
  12. J

Yamaha DVD players sound balance

Do the Yamaha series of DVD players utilize the same soundstage balance as their CD only units? I am searching for a used Yamaha CD player and this would greatly increase the number of potential players if they are the same. I am trying to replace an old cdx-700u and assume that a similar...
  13. J

Has anyone heard the Tekton Pendragon?

Another link to some impressions of the Pendragon. Part 1: http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2012/01/02/part-one-introducing-the-tekton-pendragon-option-ii/ Part 2: http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2012/01/25/part-ii-digging-in-to-the-tekton-pendragon/
  14. J

Two sets of interconnects from cd player

I've been using the LC-1 for about 9 months and just received the MA-1 yesterday. The cables are very different from each other, there is no audition needed. The Morrow is advertised as having a "PRAT" presentation and does not disappoint. As of now I don't think I want to put this type of sound...
  15. J

Two sets of interconnects from cd player

I am looking into using two different sets of interconnects from my cd player, a set of Blue Jeans LC-1 and a set of Morrow MA-1. Has anyone ever used an adapter such as this one by Audioquest in this situation and how did it do for you?
  16. J

Marantz 5420 Cassette Top Loader, Craigslist

Just saw this, http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/3064080592.html A great compliment to a vintage system even if used sparingly.
  17. J

Au-555a Doa

Sorry, but I've found a major flaw in my diagnosis. The test run through the main inputs was done with a source (cd player) that has no ability for volume control, therefore it was at a high volume. I never checked the unit with preamp in mode for sound differences at a comperable level...
  18. J

I hate ebay

Quote from lena: "I hate ebay because there's really not a lot to protect the buyers." I'm new to the world of ebay and I've had the same feeling as you and have this to caution myself. Ebay: The Customer IS THE SELLER.
  19. J

Au-555a Doa

Stene wrote: I guess that you already checked the bias to be 20mA Checking with a meter in place of a quick acting fuse Nope. I don't have a meter and have never done that or any of this sort of thing before. This is my first time getting involved with things other than plugging a device...
  20. J

Au-555a Doa

Stene wrote: Switch on/off speaker switch is almost the same as to connect and disconnect the speaker wires. What happen then? I disconnected the speaker wires and no distortion in the headphones. Reconnect speakers and distortion returns. It's my impression the speakers draw too great...
  21. J

Au-555a Doa

The left channel has been run through both speakers with the exact same results and the "B" set speaker output produces the identical distortion. I will look into the question of the speaker relay, not knowing what one is or if the unit has one. This sounds like a good lead. Thanks Paul.
  22. J

Au-555a Doa

Update The broken connection in the panel mount fuse holder was repaired. A better evaluation of things revealed the problem in the right channel (stereo mode) to be at the source's (cd player) rear connects. The right channel works fine, the left doesn't. There is distortion in the...
  23. J

Au-555a Doa

Quote from Stene: Without the fuses or broken fuses (open) there will be no voltage for the power amp and the result will be no noise or heat. This is very informative. The system is one dependent circuit, any break along the link and things can go down.
  24. J

Au-555a Doa

I was looking at rear fuse again. Tried to unscrew it and took notice that it acted like a stripped screw a little. I had looked past this yesterday. The outer part of the fuse holder had broke from the metal piece one of the internal wires is soldiered to. I checked the switched/unswitched...
  25. J

Au-555a Doa

I've been emailing the seller throughout the day and we've come to a mutually agreeable return fee amount. A pleasent ending of that chapter, an honorable seller. The two Quick Acting Fuses are visible externally. If what is meant by "open" meaning "in place" they are in place and look to...
Back
Top Bottom