Search results

1. Walle

Modern Transistor Types In Solid State Gear and CPU's

Thanks, Chazix for taking the time to explain this.
  2. Walle

Modern Transistor Types In Solid State Gear and CPU's

So, I understand that the latest Intel (i5-i9) Core processors each contain over a BILLION transistors. I read about a new Parasound Halo JC 1+ Monoblock Power Amplifier in Stereophile May 2020 that has 24 Sanken NPN and PNP bipolar output transistors. Just how different are the transistor types...
  3. Walle

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Sorry, I thought it was one of their integrated amp models, but I see it's a streamer:)
  4. Walle

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

So, interesting choices... I'm looking at the Audiolab 6000A. What compelled you to choose the Cambridge? Good luck with it!
  5. Walle

Integrated Amp for Klipsch RP-600Ms

I enjoyed my Marantz 1060 very much. Hope you enjoy the music through it as I did.
  6. Walle

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Very happy to see that album cover - I've always enjoyed On The Beach by Neil Young. Very underrated LP.
  7. Walle

Voice of Music 867 console

What parts are you buying for the restore? Curious, as I have an 868-1 1962. It the power amp seems to work fine but it likely needs some servicing after so many years. Thanks!
  8. Walle

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

I located this site, maybe you've been there already. https://www.adelcom.net/EmpireCart1.htm
  9. Walle

What TT's do you folks have

Technics SL-D2 that I bought new in like '75 or so. Works great too! Also a VM 1200 that needs to be rebuilt and lubed. I'll take this opportunity to ask whatever happened to linear tracking tables when the concept seems to make so much sense. They were all the rage in the '80s in publications...
  10. Walle

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Which Miles Davis LP if I might inquire?
  11. Walle

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

KSIW 99.9 Seattle via Radio.com Beastie Boys "You Gotta Fight For Your Right to Party!
  12. Walle

VM Phono Console Tube Amplifier Static

Thanks so much for taking the time to write me with the technical details. I'm really enjoying the tube sound:)
  13. Walle

Thanks, FlaCharlie! I removed the tubes and sprayed DeOxit D5 into the sockets, reinserted the tubes and NO NOISE! I'll still need to have it serviced, but until then I'll just switch off the AC via the surge suppressor when I've finished listening. Thanks to everyone else for your kind comments.
  14. Walle

Lighting Suggestion for Your Space

Yeah, I'm thinking about the Hue systems as well.
  15. Walle

Lighting Suggestion for Your Space

Sick:)
  16. Walle

Schiit Bifrost (non MB) or Schiit Modi MB??

Sorry, I didn't read all of the posts. Our local radio station actually uses Spotify Premium and I have to say it does sound pretty good. Best of luck with the Modi 3.
  17. Walle

Schiit Bifrost (non MB) or Schiit Modi MB??

Interesting thread, is Spotify Premium even hi-res?
  18. Walle

Schiit modi 3 DAC/ Mac OS Audio Midi setup question

Hmmm, hadn't heard of this but I'll have to follow this thread more carefully once my DAC finally gets ordered. Of course I'd have to decide on which one to buy first which is why I'm here :) Planning on using it on Mac and Linux. Isn't iTunes being phased out with OS Catalina? That was the buzz...
  19. Walle

Will cost-effective DACs / digital kill boutique HiFi

Yes, precisely. The tactile aspect of vinyl is far more mentally engaging and satisfying than most people think. Tapping play on my iPhone just isn't the same, regardless of the complexity of the amplification chain that's presenting the music.
  20. Walle

Will cost-effective DACs / digital kill boutique HiFi

Seems like Schitt (Modi 3) is the bomb, but I do like the reviews on Chord Qutest which requires substantially more coin. I'm looking to purchase my first DAC to pair with my recently built music server (AsRock/i5(9thGen)/HyperX16GB). Seems like Roon is the thing, but I don't need another...
  21. Walle

Yeah, I thought the picture looked different. Appreciate all the nice feedback.
  22. Walle

Additional point of consideration. If it's stereo, the only place that's ever mentioned is on the source selector AUX. The OEM platter diagram (attached) describes the amp as "Hi-Fi". The speaker receptacles say A (x2) and B (x2), instead of left and right.. The phono input on the power amp is...
  23. Walle

Hi, Century Tek - I posted some pics, is it push-pull topology? Member FlaCharlie responded with a much appreciated Sam's schematic. Apologize if you've already responded. Thanks.
  24. Walle

I did. Thanks for asking. I'll likely pull the power amp and send it out for servicing to ensure reliability and safety. It's beyond my expertise to recap, troubleshoot the circuits and various components, etc.
  25. Walle

Thanks for taking the time to respond FlaCharlie. Yes, you have it right. I didn't state it correctly. Thank you very much for the schematic. I would think that there would at least be a tube chart on the unit but so far I haven't found it. The turntable is frozen up, probably just needs...
Back
Top Bottom