Search results

1. truetone36

Looking for Good Rats - Tasty

Does anyone have a copy of this LP that they'd be willing to sell or trade? I had it years ago on 8-track and that's long gone. This was one of my favorite albums when I was a teenager and I'd really love to have a copy in my collection. Thanks in advance!
  2. truetone36

Astro Sonic speakers aren't connected....HELP!!!

I just got a really nice Maggie console, but I have a problem- someone has monkeyed around inside and disconnected all of the speaker wiring. How do I hook up the speakers? The schematic I have isn't very detailed and doesn't really cover the speaker wiring. I'm mainly a tube guy so solid state...
  3. truetone36

I saw Sonny Burgess in concert last night....

And I must say I was totally blown away! He put on a great 2 1/2 hour show. For those unfamiliar with Sonny, he started his recording career in 1955 at Sun Records and recorded some of the wildest rockabilly records ever released. I got to meet him and his band (The Pacers) after the show and...
  4. truetone36

I can't believe the things people will steal!!

It never ceases to amaze me what people will steal if they get the chance. Yesterday my wife and I were doing some house cleaning and after I cleaned out the cats' litter box, I left it on the porch as both cats were outside. When I went to get the box to fill with fresh litter, it was gone...
  5. truetone36

Flea Market Score- RCA 70-C1

I went to one of the local flea markets today to kill some time on my day off. As I was looking around I spotted a RCA transcription TT sitting in the back. After some haggling I came home with an RCA 70-C1 transcription TT. The price: $20:banana:. It has the disc cutting attachment and it does...
  6. truetone36

It's A Boy!!!

:banana::banana::banana: Robert Edward Drake, Jr. was born Wedensday night 9/24/08 at 6:08 PM. He weighs 7 lbs. and is 19 1/2 in. long. Both he and my wife are back home and doing fine. Pics as soon as I can get over to the in-laws' house as they have a cam and I don't.:beerchug:
  7. truetone36

Scored two nice Sonys today!

A friend of mine called me yesterday about a Panasonic karaoke machine that he needed me to work on for him. I've worked on audio and video gear for him several times over the years, and he knows I like vintage stuff. During the conversation, he mentions that he has two old RTR decks and would I...
  8. truetone36

My newest project and new transportation...

I recently bought a car and a truck from my landlord/employer. I wanted something out of the ordinary to take the place of my beloved Corvair and I lucked out! Got a '61 International C100 pickup and a '59 Rambler Cross Country station wagon. The price was right ($300 for the truck, $350 for the...
  9. truetone36

Here I Go Again......

It looks like I'm moving again. This weekend we're planning to pack up the '84 Olds station wagon we just got and head out to Memphis. The in-laws are there, and my wife wants to be near them with the baby coming and all. I've visited there many times when I lived in AR, but never lived there...
  10. truetone36

This Week's Vinyl Score

I went record shopping the other day and scored some goodies. There's a shop here that's flexible in their pricing and they usually give me a bit of a break cause I'm a regular customer. I found some nice 45s and LPs this time around. Here they are; 45s Frankie Ford-Sea Cruise Santo &...
  11. truetone36

Good News, I'm gonna be a dad!!

My wife went to the doctor this morning and returned with the news that she's pregnant. We won't know how far along she is till monday, but it doesn't matter. I'm about to be a dad!:banana::banana::banana::banana: Dumont-First with the finest in television.:yes:
  12. truetone36

Onkyo Problem

I just got a Onkyo TA-2060 cassette deck, I can't complain about the price either, since I found it on the curb:banana:. Cosmetically its a 10, and all functions work properly with one exception, the deck plays at slightly more than half of its normal speed.:sigh: I know this is a direct drive...
  13. truetone36

My van just got totaled

:sigh: I parked my '62 Corvair van out on the curbside outside of the trailer park I live in today, and 20 minutes later my landlord comes running to my place to tell me that it was hit. I went outside and there it was, it had been shoved about 15 feet forward (with the parking brake on) and was...
  14. truetone36

Panasonic S-85 Problem

Yesterday I bought this unit from one of the local thrift shops. It is 100% complete and original and in great shape cosmetically. There is one small problem, there is intermittent static coming through the left channel. I first thought it was a problem with the speaker, but I've eliminated that...
  15. truetone36

Gonna be away for a while..

Well, it's been a hectic couple of months for me. I'm going through a divorce and some other changes and I'm moving yet again. in less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Oklahoma for a fresh start. I have people I've always been very close to waiting for me there. So there's gonna be another...
  16. truetone36

My new toy... 1962 Corvair van

A friend of mine is moving up to the bay area and I've been helping him sort, pack and shed himself of 30 years accumulation of "junk". For helping him, he has given me his old van, it's a 1962 Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon with new shocks, tires and a new rear end:banana::banana::banana: It...
  17. truetone36

late night curbside find, Packard-Bell console

My next-door neighbor stopped by at about 10:00 tonight (last night by now) and told me he saw a console stereo about 2 blocks down the street. He took me down to the place and sitting on the curb there it was, a Packard-Bell Space Age stereo console with a Garrard AT6 turntable!!:banana...
  18. truetone36

I'm Back!!

Well, I made it back to California. took me a week, but I got here safe and sound. My wife got here two weeks after I did. We're just getting settled into our new place out here. This is the first time I've been at a computer since I got here, just got it set up today. One thing's for sure, no...
  19. truetone36

My best tape deck score ever!! Revox A-77

I was in the right place at the right time today. A friend of mine who owns an auction barn with a huge bunch of vintage gear stashed away needed my help today. He had a rack-mounted series of 4 studio rtr decks which are designed to be synchronized that were slightly out of whack. I took a...
  20. truetone36

the most overpriced t.v. I've seen yet

Take a look at this one... http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/clt/220555373. Just a bit optimistic, aren't they? Dumont-First with the finest in television. :yes:
Back
Top Bottom