Search results

1. leftyspike

Guitar serial numbers

looked at the bass this weekend and it's a hagstrom…..the sg is from 70-72 from what I have found......haven't been able to look at the marshall yet still buried amongst an ever growing mound of tools......lol....the Cromwell is posing to be a mystery I know that Gibson issued them in the 30's...
  2. leftyspike

Guitar serial numbers

well come to find out he was in a band that performed here locally in the 70's. there is an ovation 6 string, a sigma 12 string, a Cromwell that was his grand fathers, an electric bass, a Gibson sg, marshall stack, and a domino head and speaker......and that is just from his bedroom. we haven't...
  3. leftyspike

Guitar serial numbers

Hey all......does anyone know of a site where i can decipher some serial numbers on a few guitars.....trying to find what years these 5 guitars we discovered while going thru my brother in laws house.....i knew he played but was unaware just how involved he was musically.
  4. leftyspike

REVERB.....aka Jay

gr8 guy to buy from....stands arrived in 2 days and packed to survive Armageddon. have no fear when dealing with Jay :rockon:
  5. leftyspike

Blown Drivers.. Right?

good luck with the resto on these speakers.......you can always do what I did......give up and build you a set of econowaves not that expensive and sound great so much so that my winter project is another set in aristocrat style cabinets. where in ky are you I'm in northern ky and if i can lend...
  6. leftyspike

great ak'er

shout out to chris...aka wiredbecker.....not only did he remember my request from idk months ago he contacted me to inquire if i was still interested and after 2 messages i received the boards in three days....shipping from cali to ky in record time....this is what ak is all about....thanx chris...
  7. leftyspike

matt.....you up to repair a sherwood s9910?

matt.....you up to repair a sherwood s9910?
  8. leftyspike

What am i.....an idiot

thanx marty for the info.......and i totally agree with you on you get what you pay for. believe me i didn't impart on this wanting to have a guitar play and sound like a les paul......don't expect it to, i started this wanting to know more about how a guitar works and why and ended up finding...
  9. leftyspike

What am i.....an idiot

thanx for all the advice guys......I do have an acoustic......1951 martin d28 which unfortunately I have it at a master luthier restoring it back to original and won't be back until sometime in march......and I don't forsee me doing any shredding I'm more the smooth sounding blues or the sound...
  10. leftyspike

What am i.....an idiot

LOL.....don't know about going all out but it has been alot of fun. actually built 2 guitars.....one foe me the LP clone and another for a buddy who is in a band and doesn't have much money to slurge on extra stuff so we built a 7 string for him. he is going to help me learn but i think his...
  11. leftyspike

What am i.....an idiot

well at 57 decided I wanted to learn how to play a guitar, and since knowing absolutely nothing about guitars I went out, on a whim mind you, and bought a diy guitar kit. and I must say that while researching and making the adjustments needed to make this play it has been a blast. I made some...
  12. leftyspike

help in choosing tubes

hey all......finally got around to firing up my little h/k trio since it was fixed and was wondering what direction to go with some new tubes for it, heres the tubes in it now.....sonotone el84......amperex 12au7.......raytheon 12ax7....and audio classic 5ar4......which on there own sound good...
  13. leftyspike

Help with a speaker build

ewaves Nez......you won't be disappointed with the ewaves......built a set on a whim this summer and was blown away with what I heard.....they absolutely live up to the raves they get.....like you I did mine from the ground up....cabinets and all......there are some woodworking flaws as I am by...
  14. leftyspike

which way to go

hey all got a question......my 18 year old daughter was bitten by the vinyl bug last year and has built herself a nice little collection of albums, now that she is going off to college in the fall I want to set her up with a nice little system to take with her. gonna give her my little h/k trio...
  15. leftyspike

Speakers: What do you own?

not alot but music tomy ears Energy Ref Connies Klipsch 5.5's DCM TF700 home made econowave's and when I say home made I mean home made, from the cabinets up which really don't matter to me cause they sound awesome to my ears and after all isn't that all that matters anyway......lol :banana:
  16. leftyspike

econowave build

Bass drive,r is a Dayton the horn driver is a jbl selenium.......got the kit from ak'er mmays, he had the internals in kit formoment all I did was put it together, since I didn't have any cabinets I figured I would build me from the ground up. As stated in my first post there are some obvious...
  17. leftyspike

econowave build

pics Ok here's a couple of pics and bear in mind I am by no means a carpenter so be gentle......lol I guess it's all about the sound anyway. I think going with BaltIc birch was a mistake on my part but trying my hand at veneer scared me away. They ain't purty but man they sound awesome...
  18. leftyspike

econowave build

hey all, been lurking here for awhile now and thought i would give impressions on my first build. bear in mind i am by no means a carpenter and there are some obvious flaws with the wood work so here goes. bought an econowave kit from mmays a few months back and i gotta say.....wow. just...
  19. leftyspike

So...what were the cheapo/bad vintage gear?

junk LoL.....this one had me reminiscing and i had to laugh......my first stereo was bought at the post exchange. It was a pioneer SX 750 with a nakamichi cassette deck a tecnics turntable with energy speakers. every one in the barracks told me it was junk because they were all buying...
  20. leftyspike

matt....sent you a message on your blog page thought i would do the same here....i have a...

matt....sent you a message on your blog page thought i would do the same here....i have a sherwood s9910 in need of repair.....interested in bringing it back to life for me.....pm me here or at my email....awallace.1@fuse.net.....thanx
  21. leftyspike

My Poor Energy 22 Pro's :(

congrats glad to hear you were able to get in touch with chris and get your tweeters redone.....i on the other hand haven't been able to contact him in over two years. sure hope he gets in touch since all mine are good for now is boat anchors. did you get hold of him by email or do you have a...
  22. leftyspike

Sherwood S-7910 questions

sherwood 7910 its 60 watts @ 8 ohms. i picked up its big brother the 9910 for 150 if thats any help. if you get it pm me and i can send you the service manual for it. i it for the 7910 and the 9910. :beerchug:
  23. leftyspike

Free Energy Pro 22 pair

pro 22 tweets you are correct in your assesment that there are no replacements for those tweeters. there was one person that was rebuilding them but he has been unreachable for the 2+ years i have been trying to get mine done, http://vancouveraudiospeakerclinic.com/vasc1.html is another...
  24. leftyspike

Energy ref connies

ok all.....beeen trolling around here for awhile hoping to here someone say if they have heard from mr coote from abi since i haven't gotten a return on any emails from him for almost 2 years. looking to get my tweets redone but other than him.....anyone else got any ideas of who can rebuild...
  25. leftyspike

ENERGY Pro 22 Score

good score but....... nice score......but unfortunately the one person to do the rebuild on that tweeter hasn't answered any of my emails for over a year and i have yet to find another source so my pristine ref connies sit in the corner until i do. be advised tho if you drive those for ANY...
Back
Top Bottom