Search results

1. Mystery

Klipsch Forte Prices

I sold all original fortes for $450 but that was 5 years ago.
  2. Mystery

Ohm F Speakers $50, Loveland, Colorado...

Looks like a screaming deal... https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/loveland-ohm-speakers-need-rebuild/7278508116.html
  3. Mystery

Where to find Polk SDA 2-pin Connectors?

Yes that is nice. Some use brass from power cord end for blade. If you want to make it more secure, you can use hot glue in between while they are in the IC jack and wrap up with heat shrink. My SDA1 with pin/pin (male ends on the speakers) is hard to fabricate.
  4. Mystery

What I learned on Craigslist

I have bought few things supposedly in working condition untested only to find they either work partially or not working at all. On a good note, there's at least one who partially returned money and didn't want the item back. What I absolutely hate is bad picture and lack of information. I see...
  5. Mystery

polk audio monitor series 1984

Don't forget to epoxy or use cyanoacrylate glue on the woofers' magnets. Stupid Polk used bad glue. Just found two of my drivers shifted magnet by doing nothing except moving the speakers.
  6. Mystery

Bowers and Wilkins B&W DM602.5 S3 replacement woofers and tweeters?

I bought a pair of these without testing and one speaker is dead. Looked at the woofer and the dust cap has dent so I guess it was dropped or pushed in hard. Tweeter also doesn't make any sound. Checked the auction site and used tweeter is over a hundred and used woofer is around $75. Woofer, I...
  7. Mystery

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

With minimum wage close to $15, even if you get something for free and sell for $50 after spending hours picking up wasting time and gas, taking pictures, posting, updating, checking and sending emails back and forth, texting, calling etc... I won't call it a home run. Yes it was your free time...
  8. Mystery

Free vintage Yamaha receiver and stereo cabinet in Denver

I'd go but don't want to drive that far unless it's guaranteed to be there. Snow is heavy now so if it's still there, it'll be messed up, specially the wood housing.
  9. Mystery

Rattling Polk subwoofer repair...

While cleaning basement, found PSW350 I tucked in long time back. Plugged in and it works but rattles. I suspected spider has come unglued. Took the RD3505 - 1/2 woofer out and the spider is nicely glued on the basket edge. However, upon careful inspection, I saw it. The spider has come unglued...
  10. Mystery

Boston Acoustics A150's refoamed

That's the price of refoamed ready to go speakers. I'd not go above $300 with rotten surrounds. 6 drivers are a lot of work to refoam. But they are rare so price keeps going up for the right buyer.
  11. Mystery

Of course but as said above, very hard to find. I sold my pair for exactly $400. I could have sold for $450 but I offered $50 discount in the ad to fellow audiokarma members. Here's my refoam thread. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/todays-minor-or-major-scroe-boston-a400.464792/
  12. Mystery

Good judgement of price is to just go by their model number. A150 = $150 A400 = $400.
  13. Mystery

Nice guy on local CL willing to help buy stuff on eBay

It's been a very hard year. It's good to see people helping each other.
  14. Mystery

KEF 105s - a rare opportunity

They kinda look like Vandersteen 3A's. Wonder how they compare.
  15. Mystery

Buy a speaker or a house?

Definitely YES because with $124k, you'll buy a house where you will soon be robbed and killed. ;)
  16. Mystery

Egads! Who got lucky in Denver?

B&W 801 Series 2 Speakers for $100. :eek: I don't check craigslist as often as I used to but these showed up when I checked and then gone quickly.
  17. Mystery

Huge score -- literally...

Man it's been over six years and I still have most of these with me. I'm a hoarder.
  18. Mystery

Floor standing speaker id?

Thanks for replies. Without knowing what they are, I'm not checking them out. They look to be well made. What speakers have that unique angled design? Looks like the back has black part that's straight and front cabinet is slanted. I'll try to get dimensions to see if that helps narrow it down.
  19. Mystery

Floor standing speaker id?

There is no label. Label may have fallen off and current owner doesn't know anything. Looks like NHT model but could be white van? What do you think it is and what are these worth? thanks
  20. Mystery

What's your latest audio purchase?

After months of not buying anything, I saw a pair of Acoustic research rock partners last month. Weird wedge shape but that works for my home theater setup so bought it. They have a handle on the back to carry them or hang them. I searched online and saw they were made in late 80's. I didn't...
  21. Mystery

Are these Bose 901 or something else?

Here's the picture under the stands. These are series TWO.
  22. Mystery

Thrift Store Gold???

I've had fair share of audio gears from thrift stores. Over $25k items I sold were from thrift stores and made good money. I was pretty regular until around 4 years ago, always trying to get better gear than what I had. Then I realized my time is too valuable for me and I have a good job. Each...
  23. Mystery

Underneath? Nothing there that would tell if these are I or II. You mean under the stands? Also, what are those marks like screw holes on the cabinet? Probably it was mounted on something...
  24. Mystery

thanks I asked the seller but don't have much hope. Also, even if he has it, he may realize it's worth a lot. will see.
Back
Top Bottom