Search results

1. M. Miller

Aspirational Vintage Speakers

Cabasse Brigantin V. I have owned the Sloop M4 for about a year and since then I'm lusting after the biggest one they made back then.. Large Tannoys, Altecs and JBLs are on the bucketlist as well :)
  2. M. Miller

Teac X-2000R Blue LEDs

I'm sorry but I really don't like it, It kinda reminds me of a cheap USB hub and it spoils the solid and clean look of the recorder. But hey, if you're happy with it, it's fine :)
  3. M. Miller

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Tool - 10.000 days via Stax SR-X mkIII, connected to a Philips CD880 CD player. :)
  4. M. Miller

Help with strange make, Kyoto?

I've got the same headphones, Mine carry the Rotel brand :) The drivers are glued to the metal grille.The glue has dried out and the drivers are probably torn loose. You have to reglue the drivers to the metal grille. Remove the earpads, then remove the metal grill from the housing with a...
  5. M. Miller

Technics rs-b765 not playing - help!!!

There's a cog wheel that drives the right spindle. It may came loose from it's axle. Just push it back on and it'll work again, I had the same issues with my RS-B965.
  6. M. Miller

List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

I have an Akai GX-635DB R2R Prototype, serial number 000023. Doesn't have pitch control and rec mute.
  7. M. Miller

Philips AH360 and AH260

Hello, Can you post some pictures? I have a Philips 270 preamp, but i've never heard of the AH360 and AH260..
  8. M. Miller

philips 209

Nice turntable! I've had two of those. Beware of the two rubber idler wheels for arm movement (horizontally and vertically), they will wear out and simply melt. Very hard to clean! Do all the lights still work? You can easily replace them by unscrewing the panel with the touch-sensitive...
  9. M. Miller

Coolest Gear Photography

Akai GX620 R2R: ASC AS-4002Y R2R:
  10. M. Miller

Altec Model 14 score.

Gorgeous cabs man! Nice!
  11. M. Miller

Classic 2 Ways.....What's Your Choice?

AR2x.. Got them for 10eur with GREAT looking cabs. I refoamed the woofers, they sound AWESOME! They are very rare in the Netherlands, so I was really amazed to find those speakers at my local thrift store.
  12. M. Miller

Do We Need The Watts?

I have a spare system with Grundig SuperHifi-Box 650 Professional (1978) 40watt, with a Philips CD460 cd player and a Telefunken RA-100 2x40 watt amplifier. The bass from the grundigs isn't deep, the cabs are too small. But the mid and high is GREAT. Very clean and balanced sound. For the...
  13. M. Miller

Recommend a good R2R for a newb?

I would go for an Akai GX-210D. It has autoreverse, three motor direct drive, and is probably one of the best sounding 7" deck. They are VERY reliable! I have had a Sony 366 (with worn belts) and a Philips N4408. The N4408 sounded better, but has problems with the belts, and a wheel made out of...
  14. M. Miller

cassette decks

Yes, you can program it to search for a certain position, or let it create pulses on the tape. The Microcomputer searches for these pulses, and you can make tape indexes like this. You could program the deck to repeat certain parts as well (i.e. let it rewind to position xxx, then play till...
  15. M. Miller

cassette decks

My favourite deck is still the Philips N5846.. It sounds better than any deck I've ever heard. Only thing is, they are quite rare... I bought mine at a flea market for eur 5,- :D http://mfbfreaks.nl/images/analoog/cass/N5846/n5846-00.JPG...
  16. M. Miller

What vintage gear are you playing?

I have 3 of those round meter series stuff, This AH521 integrated amp A smaller AH520 2x15 watt amp and a RH551 preamp (for Motional Feedback speakers) It's great to look at at night with the lights turned down :D
  17. M. Miller

Who is the youngest person on these boards?

I'm 18 years old, and it all started with a clockradio with wood veneer from the seventies. Now I have a ClassA Philips amp from 1974 with '75 IMF Electronics SuperCompact speakers..
  18. M. Miller

What vintage gear are you playing?

my stuff Hi, I'm new here... I'm from The Netherlands, so I collected a lot of early seventies Philips gear, like Motional Feedback speakers, preamps and so on. My main system consists of the following: Philips 22AH521 Integrated Amplifier, 2x30watt class A Philips 22AH651...
Back
Top Bottom