Search results

1. cc43fan

Rentz is A+

Eric went out of his way to pick up a RSD release and ship to me. Thank you very much @Rentz for being an AK member. Chuck
  2. cc43fan

harrisr4 A+

I purchased an LP, and it was better than described, promptly shipped, and a fair price. In other words, a great transaction. Thank you very much.
  3. cc43fan

From NY to Alaska and back

I bought this MC240 from AK'er Snow up in Alaska as it was a really good deal, and he is great to do business with. While we talked about purchasing the amp, I told him I would send a video when I got the amp up and running. Ok, yes, not a great video, but my first attempt with a smartphone and...
  4. cc43fan

smccrary is tops!

I purchased a CDP from Scott, and the transaction couldn't have been smoother. I paid, he shipped the next day, and it arrived in bullet-proof packing. Buy from smccrary with confidence! :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  5. cc43fan

9 Drawer Dresser?

I've seen this done, and thought it would be a great way to house gear, and not have to lug it in and out of the closet whenever I wanted to listen to a different amp, etc. It took a few months to find the dresser, and a few Saturdays to prep and finish. Casters were added behind the legs for...
  6. cc43fan

Cables by eteller

A quick thanks to eteller for the smooth purchase of a couple of pairs of well-made RCA cables. Super fast shipping, and cables exactly as described. I couldn't ask for more! A great seller here.:thmbsp:
  7. cc43fan

dsd-7 delivers

I just received the LP that I purchased from David, and it is exactly as described. Well done, thank you sir :thmbsp:
  8. cc43fan

Fisher 195 Receiver value

I'm hoping someone will lend their thinking/opinion of the value of a Fisher 195 receiver. A retired couple asked me about the value of their stereo gear, and while I was able to coach them around the value of the Technics gear they have, I was unable to find a lot about this Fisher. It's a 195...
  9. cc43fan

easycraig makes it easy

Craig is offering plastic record sleeves in BT, and I took him up on his order. Great communication, easy payment, and lighting fast shipping. Craig does make transactions easy :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  10. cc43fan

Wharfedale alert in Upstate NY W90 $40

No affil. https://albany.craigslist.org/ele/4966487403.html
  11. cc43fan

Truck99 is tops!

I bought a beautiful copy of Music From Big Pink from Tim, and as always, there is no need to scrutinize his LP's. Slide it out of the protective sleeve, toss it on the TT and let it rip! A very trusted seller here folks, and a pleasure to do business with. :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  12. cc43fan

motorstereo is A+

Brian sold me a pair of ADS L730, and they were exactly as promised. He lugged them up to Clinton, and even loaded them into my car. He's a good man, and an honest seller. Thanks very much for the easy transaction, and good conversation. :thmbsp::thmbsp: for a class act. btw, my wife loves the...
  13. cc43fan

Fisher X-100 help/suggestions

I purchased this amp last fall mainly for the power switch, and then perhaps tinkering with it a bit. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=619711 A different project came along, and this got shelved. Last week I pulled it out, threw some tubes in it, and gave it a go. After...
  14. cc43fan

elusive delivers

I was lucky enough to see Dale's posting in BT on a piece of gear at a great price. The transaction was smooth and painless. Communication, description, packing, and shipping was top notch! Thanks for another pleasant transaction via BT. :thmbsp:
  15. cc43fan

400CX-2 Voltage question

I've rebuilt the power supply, and all ps test points are well within spec (less than 5% difference). I've begun recording "baseline" voltages on all of the tubes at the test points shown in the schematic. All are well within spec except V3 and V4 (pins 6 & 8 on both). The schematic shows...
  16. cc43fan

I'm back in the Fisher family

Today I purchased a couple of pristine examples of tubed Fisher goodness...An 400CX-2 and a R200 tuner. I won't be picking them up until Sunday, but needless to say, this week is going to take forever. Pics to follow when I get them home.
  17. cc43fan

Bargain ADS L1290/2 for the early risers in Los Angeles

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/4675902661.html ADS L 1290/2 Vintage Audiophile Tower Speakers - $195 (Westchester) No affli.
  18. cc43fan

dewdude serves up a bargain!

I purchased a Dynaco knob set from Jay. Value priced, exactly as he described, and fast, prompt shipping. What more can you ask for? Well done Jay, and thank you. :thmbsp:
  19. cc43fan

Skynyrd77 is A+

A tip of the hat to Jason for sending exactly what he promised...and then some. Along with my purchase was a couple of bonus LP's. Nice touch, much appreciated. No muss, no fuss. I like drama-free transactions, and Jason delivered. Thank you sir!
  20. cc43fan

Wharfedale W70 in Lower Hudson Valley, NY

Not mine, but I did look at them. Very nice shape, the top of one needs some TLC, clean grille cloth. He also has a beautiful Thorens TD 145, but I'm not sure of price. http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/4598276327.html Feel free to make a Best Offer and/or combine items for a...
  21. cc43fan

mswanson65...A pleasure to do business with

Mike and I completed a trade, and he is a gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. He even tossed in a few extras!! When you do business with Mike, you're doing business with one of the good guys! Thanks again Mike :thmbsp:
  22. cc43fan

Eric Lloyd = great seller

I completed a purchase with Eric, and the item he sold me was exactly as described, expertly packed, and shipped promptly. All transactions should be this smooth, and painless. Thanks for the very positive experience! Chuck
  23. cc43fan

The little amp that could

I bought this Dynaco ST-35 about a year ago. It was literally in pieces in a box. It needed a new pwr transformer, line cord, and fuse holder. After a bit of TLC, and new caps, resistors, etc; it finally sings. I re-stuffed the can cap to keep under the hood clutter to a minimum, used...
  24. cc43fan

Wojciech delivers

I bought a wooden Mac cabinet from Wojciech, and he was prompt, great communication, and very well packed. :thmbsp::thmbsp: and I would not hesitate to buy from again. Well done, and thank you sir.
  25. cc43fan

Is this CL ad an AK'er?

Interesting idea, not mine. I'm not a facebooker, but I'm curious to see what the locals have. http://albany.craigslist.org/ele/4396333865.html
Back
Top Bottom