Search results

1. cableguy2

SONY TC-654-4 reel to reel help.

Wondering if anybody has a schematic for the SONY TC-654-4 reel to reel. HiFiEngine does not. Unit looks nice, but the minute you turn it on, it goes into Fast Forward mode with the lights coming on for play and fast forward. I noticed it has a lot of card type electronics in the bottom...
  2. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 repair and restoration

Yeah, I recently picked up a Sansui 8080 NON DB and it worked on one side. I flipped the driver board and it moved to the other side. So kinda figuring it was on that board. The board is a mess, traces destroyed and wired up. There was kit put in with all the new parts, so I did...
  3. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

Very good suggestion. So I was also wondering if I reflow, should I use air, or a pencil tip unit. Definitely will use your suggestion FIRST.
  4. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

So I have been trying to see if I can find something that isn’t secured right, no luck so far. I need more light and patience. Here is a picture of what I am working with. When I was trying to find a unit to buy on Ebay, I would come across someone who made NEW boards for the 8080 and 9090...
  5. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

So, I contacted @EastPoint and he did have a kit for the board. When I took the board out of the unit, it already had his parts in it. But the guy who did the work kind of butchered it, blew some traces I think, so we are kind of going over it. Switched it around and the problem moved to the...
  6. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

Is there a part number for that trimmer? So know I have decided that maybe I need to rebuild this before trying to adjust anything. I guess I could check the voltages without moving anything. I haven’t explored this much since I got it yesterday. Yeah, I replaced transistors in my 6060, they...
  7. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

Do a search within AudioKarma, or the Internet. I actually am aware of the trace issue and the fusible resistors. I already have the 5050, 6060, 7070 and now this one. I hope to collect the entire X0X0 series. I have been doing this for 35 years and just find it easier to ask questions...
  8. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

I just got it yesterday afternoon, and it weighs like 45lbs. I need a bigger bench, LOL. I did try a Turntable to see if maybe the problem was in the FM, no change. I do have a small receiver that can fit in the space, I might try that from the preamp. Thanks.
  9. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

Nope, but I will. Can’t hurt. So now I gotta go look to see if I can get to it. It isn’t going into protection, so far so good. I am also going to check the voltage and the bias now that I have the schematic, but not until tomorrow.
  10. cableguy2

Sansui 8080 NOT DB

I picked up a Sansui 8080 and set it up when I got it, and it seems the left channel is somewhat muffled and low volume. Did all the switch and pot cleaning, which I would have done anyway, and there is no difference. So I thought I would come here and pick your brains. It’s not popping like...
  11. cableguy2

Deoxit vs. De Ox Id

I have used DEOXI-ID and I love it. Cleans better.
  12. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

Yes, agreed. I just think that without the DBT, the excess current will blow those fuses again. That’s why I had it in the first place. Maybe he is going to attempt the repair himself.
  13. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

So, as a final, I hooked up the receiver to my DBT, and it worked okay at low volume levels. When I started to turn the volume up, the bulb started to get brighter and brighter, so I did not go past 12 o'clock on the volume. I don’t think it would survive without the DBT, to much going on with...
  14. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

I have been doing this hobby for 30 years. Got smart enough years ago to ask around because you can find a lot of good help and cut your time down by not having to do a lot of testing. I wish I had taken pictures of the Sansui 6060 I bought 30 years ago. Guy said it worked good. I got it...
  15. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

I looked at the 330C I also have and the thermal paste looked messy to me on those too. So, it’s probably okay.
  16. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

Did you manage to source all your parts from one vendor, like Digi-Key or Mouser? Other than the caps and the transistors, was there any other part you replaced? Some of these old electrolytics seem to be getting scarce. Thanks for the part number above, is that a OEM number made by many, or...
  17. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

Well, when I opened the unit, on the amp board it kinda looked like somebody had tried to change the transistors. It is very messy looking. And you are talking a full recap of everything, not just pre-amp and amp boards. I guess I will have to ask him how much he wants to spend. I have taken...
  18. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

The fuses are for the speakers. I have a DBT, but haven’t even tried it yet. Need to buy some fuses as well. But I do plan on putting fuses in it on the DBT. What I find troubling is there are no voltage test points on the schematics to test with.
  19. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

Just noticed that. HAHA
  20. cableguy2

HarmAn Kardon 330B

So a friend asked me to look at his 330B. Seems it worked on one side, than the other went. He also gave me some transistors I assume for the amp. Should I be suspicious that maybe he worked on it already. So both fuses are blown, and I was wondering if someone had that problem already and...
  21. cableguy2

Lafayette Tuners

Thanks, just wondering if it’s worth upgrading or just put it up to sell it.
  22. cableguy2

Lafayette Tuners

Just picked up a Lafayette LT-77A as a side pickup to a amp I wanted. AM works, not sure which RCA connector to use for the FM. Can't get FM to work. All the tubes checked out okay, so maybe there is some value there. I doubt anybody will replay to this, I am wondering if you need some FM...
  23. cableguy2

Need help with a Carver MXR-130

I have the same problem. Did this get resolved? Cleaned everything twice. Works fine on all other inputs.
  24. cableguy2

Carver MXR-130 channels uneven

Well, i had the problem that in stereo mode the left channel wasn't working so I used DeOxit on the Monitor switch and now the left channel works but the right channel doesn't, that's weird. Of course you put it in mono, and it works both sides. Any other suggestions?
  25. cableguy2

Carver MXR 130 weak on one side until it warms up.

Did see the thread about the mono switch. I will look into that. G.
Back
Top Bottom