Search results

1. D

NAD 3120 - Newer output transistors?

thanks!, the thing is that there is only one original in there.. and there are some resistors which also have been replaced and they are a bit burned, and still the amp works with no issues.. Do you think the "G" kind of transistors can be used instead of the originals?. Thanks
  2. D

NAD 3120 - Newer output transistors?

Hey there, I'm actually planning the recap of this little amp but the one I bought it seems it was repaired at least once and the ouput transistors were replaced for different equivalent ones, it has only 1 original RCA transistor, therefore I would like to use the closest possible to the...
  3. D

NAD 3120 amp

Can I ask you what's the advantage of putting bigger caps? I'm planning to recap one too, by chance, do you sell the board only? Thanks
  4. D

Speakers for NAD 3120/3020?

Thanks a lot for the info guys! I will have a look at your suggestions!
  5. D

Thanks!, I would go for vintage speakers for sure.. but I've checked the size of the Genesis I and II and they are considerable bigger than the Dali Oberon's I have now
  6. D

Hey there! I bought not so long ago a to-be-restored-soon 3120 and I tested it with a pair of Dali Oberon 3 (6 ohm) but they are pretty big (physically) for the layout I want to build and I'm planning to sell them.. therefore I would like to ask whether you guys have any advise which bookshelf...
  7. D

JBL L-96 or new equivalent speakers?

@BilboBaggins thanks a lot!, I just saw your message.. for some reason I never got the notification email.. So far I'm very happy with the configuration I'm having now. From first sight comparing the Sansui and the NAD M10 I realized that the M10 is designed to have a subwoofer.. it doesn't...
  8. D

NAD 3120 - w/o original transistors

Thanks a lot for the info guys, really appreciate, actually I tested the amp and it sounds pretty good except from the loud pop, but yes.. this amp seems to be altered/repaired, I will go step by step following the useful posts around here regarding this amp and the 3020 and will do the things...
  9. D

NAD 3120 - w/o original transistors

Hey there! I read such a lot of reviews and opinions about this amp that after almost a year searching for one in Germany, I finally got one for 100eur in pretty good condition, not great, but it works, even though it makes a quite loud pop while turning it on. After being restored a Sansui...
  10. D

A Basket Case or.......A Satisfying Restore Opportunity ?

It seems to be a challenging project.. it could be difficult to find the original output transistors but I've restored one some years ago and it sounded so good afterwards that it worth every second I've spent with it.. plus you have a lot of information in the forum to do it, you can also use...
  11. D

So I got the L96s for 700eur.. I could fight the price a bit due to the mid-cone hole and so far I'm very happy with the upgrade!, I couldn't find (so far, it still remains a lot of tests) soo much difference with the L50s but still, there are so many better things I can hear now.. I'm waiting...
  12. D

Pioneer SA-7300 - restoration worthy?

Because I like to revive old good amps, I've done it with a Sansui AU-217, AU-317 and AU-717, all of them with outstanding results, plus is something that passionates me and usually such amps are worthy to restore because they are very well made but I have some doubts about this pioneer.. as...
  13. D

Pioneer SA-7300 - restoration worthy?

Hey there! I've found on the street (aka, somebody threw away) a Pioneer SA-7300 which is in quite bad condition.. the power switch is broken, like somebody hit it with something some time ago and they did a bridge/jumper to keep it on permanently, also the relay has a wire around the main...
  14. D

Pioneer PL-540 upgrade to smth newer?

Thanks for the hints! I didn't know the KD500 and it looks like a very good turntable.. now I'm tempted for that one.. I like doing refurbish of good old stuff and for the KD500 there's a lot of info out there but even though I like my PL-540, there's not much info.. I will have a deeper look...
  15. D

Thanks for the hints! @Coolhandjjl I've been searching for that turntable but it comes up the model Kenwood KD-2055 and it seems to be more into the budget territory, at least compared to the pioneer I have it seems to be lower quality, or am I missing the model? @lazycat yes, I'm tempted by...
  16. D

Hey There! I own a Pioneer PL-540 since almost 10 years and just for the sake of having different experiences (audio wise) I would like to upgrade to something newer, my budget is around 1000eur/usd, or if you guys consider it worth it, a Technics SL-1200GR. I'm really open to listen any...
  17. D

Thanks for the hints guys Great explanation Chris, really appreciate the time you took to write!, I didn't know the existance of the JBL Studio 590 but unfortunately here in Europe are not available, just few users selling them on ebay in US with the shipping costing the same as the speaker...
  18. D

Hey there!, I actually own a pair of L-50s which I love but since a while I'm searching L-96s but here in Germany are pretty difficult to find.. I found an ad where they are being sold for 850eur, with a small hole in one of the mid-tone cones, they seems to be in good shape they seem to have...
  19. D

Sansui AU-217 Restoration

Thanks a lot! I've owned and restored/recapped a 217 and a 317 and I find the latter with a considerable increase in everything, sound quality and "punch", the 317 doesn't really looks how it sounds, it sounds like a much more powerful amp
  20. D

Sansui AU-717 connected/separated switch

Hi there, Sorry for bringing back such an old topic but maybe it worth to continue with the same topic here? (?) I have a similar concern, because I have a re-capped 717 and due to I don't want to get rid of such an amazing amplifier, I "modernized" my system with a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 which is...
  21. D

AU-517 component list

When I did my first restoration on my AU-217 I couldn't find any list either, so I collected every component to be replaced and posted it on my restoration post, you can do the same for the AU-517 we'll all be very happy and thankful! :-)
  22. D

Pioneer PL-540 - Restoration advice

Hello guys, After a successful restoration of my 3 amps (Sansui's AU-217/317/717) I'm planning to continue the "restoration wave" with my Pioneer PL-540... actually is working in good condition, but I would like to do the following: - Usual maintenance: motor lubrication - Dustcover...
  23. D

Soldering Banana Socket

Thanks a lot guys! @northpaw powerful you mean more than 480°C? Cheers, Bruno
  24. D

Soldering Banana Socket

Hi Guys, I'm actually building a speaker/amp switch and I bought a par of Dynavox Banana Sockets/Jacks, the thing is I cannot find anywhere (google, dynavox page, forums) how to solder/screw/attach the speaker cables, as far as I can see there are some others which has a screw to tight the...
  25. Bananen-Buchsen-204609-1-Pckg

Bananen-Buchsen-204609-1-Pckg

Back
Top Bottom