Search results

1. D

NAD 3120 - Newer output transistors?

Hey there, I'm actually planning the recap of this little amp but the one I bought it seems it was repaired at least once and the ouput transistors were replaced for different equivalent ones, it has only 1 original RCA transistor, therefore I would like to use the closest possible to the...
  2. D

Speakers for NAD 3120/3020?

Hey there! I bought not so long ago a to-be-restored-soon 3120 and I tested it with a pair of Dali Oberon 3 (6 ohm) but they are pretty big (physically) for the layout I want to build and I'm planning to sell them.. therefore I would like to ask whether you guys have any advise which bookshelf...
  3. D

NAD 3120 - w/o original transistors

Hey there! I read such a lot of reviews and opinions about this amp that after almost a year searching for one in Germany, I finally got one for 100eur in pretty good condition, not great, but it works, even though it makes a quite loud pop while turning it on. After being restored a Sansui...
  4. D

Pioneer SA-7300 - restoration worthy?

Hey there! I've found on the street (aka, somebody threw away) a Pioneer SA-7300 which is in quite bad condition.. the power switch is broken, like somebody hit it with something some time ago and they did a bridge/jumper to keep it on permanently, also the relay has a wire around the main...
  5. D

Pioneer PL-540 upgrade to smth newer?

Hey There! I own a Pioneer PL-540 since almost 10 years and just for the sake of having different experiences (audio wise) I would like to upgrade to something newer, my budget is around 1000eur/usd, or if you guys consider it worth it, a Technics SL-1200GR. I'm really open to listen any...
  6. D

JBL L-96 or new equivalent speakers?

Hey there!, I actually own a pair of L-50s which I love but since a while I'm searching L-96s but here in Germany are pretty difficult to find.. I found an ad where they are being sold for 850eur, with a small hole in one of the mid-tone cones, they seems to be in good shape they seem to have...
  7. D

Pioneer PL-540 - Restoration advice

Hello guys, After a successful restoration of my 3 amps (Sansui's AU-217/317/717) I'm planning to continue the "restoration wave" with my Pioneer PL-540... actually is working in good condition, but I would like to do the following: - Usual maintenance: motor lubrication - Dustcover...
  8. D

Soldering Banana Socket

Hi Guys, I'm actually building a speaker/amp switch and I bought a par of Dynavox Banana Sockets/Jacks, the thing is I cannot find anywhere (google, dynavox page, forums) how to solder/screw/attach the speaker cables, as far as I can see there are some others which has a screw to tight the...
  9. D

Sansui AU-717 HUM problems after restoration

Hi Guys!, I've made my AU-717 a full restoration following the amazing Leestero's post but I added some additional restoration steps like full disassembly and cleaning of all switches (tone, sub/high filters, loudness, muting, speakers and input selectors) all potentiometers (tone controls...
  10. D

Sansui AU-717 Restoration/Reparation Advice

Hi All!, I'm starting the planing the restoration of a just bought AU-717, I could read the very useful information around this forum regarding this amazing amplifier, as this will be my 3rd amp restoration (after a successful AU-217 and AU-317 ones), I feel enthusiastic enough to go forward...
  11. D

Sansui AU-317 Restoration: Zener question

Hello All, I'm actually doing a restoration of a AU-317 which is in a very good condition and never opened (it seems), performing a full recap, relay change, replace carbon for metal film resistors (including fuse resistor ones), pot cleaning and checking all broken/cold solder joints...
  12. D

Sansui AU-217 Restoration

Hello, I'm starting with the restoration of an Sansui AU-217, as far as I could see, the restorations and recap aren't quite often so I would also like to post how everything goes as well. I would like to ask you guys regarding the PSU capacitors (6800uf 50V), the thing is the original ones...
Back
Top Bottom