Search results

1. E

Renaissance 90 internal wire replacement

Hi The internal wiring in my 90s is starting to look pretty bad (green/black). The wire has clear insulation and it can be seen in varing amounts in most of the wire. Before I get started I have a few questions: Has anyone verified the wire gauge? How about any tips on getting the old wire out...
  2. E

Infinity RS II SS amp recomendations

There is a Mc 2200 in barter town right now. Good price.
  3. E

Infinity RS II SS amp recomendations

I have kappa 7s and renaissance 90s. After many different amps there are only two that have driven them with no effort. Mc 2205 and Mc 452.
  4. E

MC 452 or a pair MC2205 in Mono?

I also suggest moving to the 452. I replaced my rebuilt 2205 about one month ago with a 452 and I agree with the differences described by everyone in this thread. As far as the price I believe it is good but not great. Audio classics was very close to that price and it included a warranty. For...
  5. E

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

This isn't much of a pic but they sure sounds good with my klipsch forte 1s. New crites tweeters and sonic caps.
  6. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hahahaha
  7. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Mine showed up today. Listening to it now. You will be happy with your choice.
  8. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

9. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I never picked up the 501s. The 452 arrives this Wednesday. I have listened many times to the 452 at various dealers and really liked it. I have heard the 402 but it was not at the same time as the 452. I have had a restored 2205 in my system for a while and I like the 452s I've heard at...
  10. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hi It was 5700 including shipping. No taxes as I'm out of state. I have been looking for the last 9 months or so. The cheapest I've seen a 452 was 5400 on Craigslist. 6k was the best I've been able to do on 501s although a little over a year ago I missed a pair for 5500 on craiglist. I found 1...
  11. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hi I just picked up a 452 from audio classics. Shipped to so cal it was way cheaper than the amp at 6.2k. It has a 1 year warranty and they are very easy to deal with. None of that makes it any lighter to pick up though.....
  12. E

Preamp for my MC30 pair, a Sensi needed.

+1 on the marantz 7c. It is fantastic. Although I have never tried mine with a mc30 I can say it's wonderful with my 2205. Even better with the 8b.
  13. E

Bi-amping Infinity Ren 80 on a tight budget

Hi I currently bi amp my ren 90s. Mc2205 on top and a carver amp on the bottom. I can get the power guard light to flash when I listen loud. It does provide some flexibility as both these amps are adjustable. Just for the heck of it I have tried my marantz 8b on top with the 2205 on the bottom...
  14. E

Aquired a Marantz 8b

Hi, I have rebuilt a 7c and my 8b was found in good shape so I havent done anything to it. I had lots of caps out of spec on the 7 so I replaced them with russian pio. I know some of the guys are now using arizona caps. My advice; Listen to Crooner. He really helped me. Second, I would not...
  15. E

Downgrading to Klipsch Cornwalls?

I too have similar systems. A hi powered Mc amp, c2500 pre driving infinity renaissance 90s. The second system is a marantz 7c, 8b, and forte 1s. Every time I go from one to the other I can't believe how good it sounds. They are different but fantastic in their own way. I suggest you keep both...
  16. E

Marantz 8b badge

Thank you very much. I saw that last week and could not find it again!
  17. E

Looking for sonics as-447(s) parts

I have two 447 speakers in great shape. I would like to work something out. I'm in so cal.
  18. E

Marantz 8b badge

Hi I am looking for a Marantz 8b badge. In the past I have seen aluminum replica badges for sale. Does anyone know where I can find one?
  19. E

Please show your pics of tube amps

I have had the marantz 8b for 1 day now. Sounds fantastic. The pre amp has been around a while.
  20. E

Kappa 7 upgrade to Ren 90s.

Hi I have black renaissance 90s. Not kappa 9. My kappas are the 7s. I thought about a kappa 8 or 9 but they don't have the sound I was looking for.
  21. E

Well today I picked up a marantz 8b to go with a second system that will include my marantz 7c. I decided to try bi amping the 90s with the 8b on top. It is sweet. Any one else bi amping with tubes and solid state on the 90s? If so what tube amps?
  22. E

C6bill Glad you are enjoying the new 402! Im sure I will find one soon enough. Okee, you have a very good point. My goal was to replace the old electrolytic caps. There is no way to do that without some kind of electrical change occurring in the circuit. The question is can that change be...
  23. E

After going back and forth on the taps of my 2205 I have settled on the 4 ohm tap. Using a dB meter they produce about 4 more dB on the 4 ohm tap vs the 2. At first I thought the bass was better on the 2 but after testing it's the same. The 4 ohm tap just produces more volume. The mids and highs...
  24. E

The crossovers are original. I have verified all the components as the same except the caps. I have also verified through millersound and others on this site there were mods by infinity to the crossover caps. The speakers were built in 1991 and the caps are dated the same. Makes them about 26...
  25. E

It makes more sense to me now. My serial numbers are a bit apart and i believe this is why millersound made their recommendactions to update to the most recent serial number. The differences are not small caps paralleled in my case. I also have seen different revs of the crossover schematic...
Back
Top Bottom