Search results

1. E

Renaissance 90 internal wire replacement

Hi The internal wiring in my 90s is starting to look pretty bad (green/black). The wire has clear insulation and it can be seen in varing amounts in most of the wire. Before I get started I have a few questions: Has anyone verified the wire gauge? How about any tips on getting the old wire out...
  2. E

Marantz 8b badge

Hi I am looking for a Marantz 8b badge. In the past I have seen aluminum replica badges for sale. Does anyone know where I can find one?
  3. E

Kappa 7 upgrade to Ren 90s.

I just picked up a pair of Renaissance 90s to replace my kappa 7s. The 7s sound excellent but I really wanted to take my system to the next level. My question is around the crossovers in the 90s. I have read that there is more than 1 version of crossover in the 90s. I have looked all over but...
  4. E

C30 preamp loudness and balance board trouble

Hi I have a c30 preamp with a lot of hiss coming from the loudness and balance board. Here is what I know: If I jumper out the board the noise is completely gone. The noise is equal in both channels. I believe it is before the balance control as the noise goes away on one channel when the...
  5. E

Marantz 7c power switch failure

The power switch on my 7c has failed in the 'on' position. I have had my amplifier plugged in to the switched 120 volt outlet on the back of the 7c. Does anyone have a source for a new switch that is an exact match? I have not yet pulled it apart to look at it. Has anyone attempted to...
  6. E

HK 930 start up problem

Hi I have an issue with a HK 930. When the unit is powered on with the speakers connected it draws a high amount of current ( at 50 volts it is drawing 1 amp). In this state both speaker terminals have positive 6 volts dc present). If I power up the unit with the speaker switch off, wait 5...
  7. E

marantz model 7, tube testing

I recently picked up a model 7 and I am attempting to get it up and running. (see post in the marantz forum). I have about a dozen recent recaps and repairs on solid state equipment but zero experience with tube equipment. I am looking for help testing the 12ax7 tubes. It was suggested I post...
  8. E

marantz model 7..... help!

Yesterday I saw an add in craiglist for a 3800 preamp I have been looking for to match my 250m. I called and the gentleman told me he had a couple that I could come by and see. After a 2 hour drive I went down the long dirt road and found the seller waiting for me. He said he had a few marantz...
  9. E

KR 7600 recap and mod.

I just finished recapping a kr 7600 and it sounds fantastic. I made two modifications. First, I put in larger filter caps. 15000 instead of 12000. Secondly, I installed an output from the preamp. It is simply paralleled with the output that feeds the power amp in the receiver. The intent of...
  10. E

Technics sl 1200 mk11 value

I'm looking into getting a sl 1200 mk2 turntable. Any idea what I can expect to pay off craigslist in southern calif? I won't be looking on ebay. Thanks in advance.
  11. E

recap recommendations

Can anyone provide me with some advice as to who i should have recap my receivers? I perfer not to ship them and would like to find someone in the orange county (southern california) area. I have the following receivers; Pioneer qx 949, Marantz 2250b, Kenwood kr 7600, and a Sansui 9090db.
  12. E

jbl l65a speaker recap

I just picked up a nice pair of jbl l65 speakers. The original owner had them refoamed a couple years back but never replaced the caps. I would like some ideas as to the best caps to use. Has anyone tried comparing how different caps sound in these?
  13. E

1977 jbl l65 speakers

A friend has a pair of jbl l65 speakers he is considering selling. They appear to be in good condition and I understand they have been refoamed recently. I don't believe they have been recapped and I suspect they will need this service. I am interested in what a fair price is for these speakers...
  14. E

Pioneer qx 949 power amplifier adjustments

I am looking for some information about adjusting the power amplifier in a pioneer qx 949. The service manual is not clear to me. Per 10.5, Power Amplifier Adjustments, in the service manual step 1 says: Do not connect to speaker terminals. Terminate input terminals of power amplifier assembly...
Back
Top Bottom