Search results

1. Midnight Blues

Greetings from Upstate NY

Welcome AM, Another central New Yorker here (Camillus).
  2. Midnight Blues

KLH 17 grills

Thanks B, the dimensions will be helpful. Any recommendations on the grill cloth?
  3. Midnight Blues

KLH 17 grills

I just picked up a nice pair of 17s, the price was right (free) but the original grills and badges are long gone. I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a set of original grills. I plan on restoring these speakers, they will not be put up for sale. Thanks, Dan
  4. Midnight Blues

Shortwave listeners?

I've been listening to SW for sometime but haven't acquired any new gear for a while. My go to radios are a 58' Zenith Transoceanic A600 and a Transoceanic Royal D7000. Last night on the 600 I picked up station out of Romania on the 4-9 band, very interesting . I would someday like to hook these...
  5. Midnight Blues

And then there were 5 - new 2230

reeltorock, Very nice. I've got the same model, what a great receiver. Enjoy the 2230!
  6. Midnight Blues

Scott Tuner

I've got a nice Scott 370B, FM only. She performs and sounds wonderfully. I really like the way the tuning dial feels, very precise. 7 tubes: Front End (1) 6M11 IF (2) 6AU6(1) 6HS6 MPX (1) 6HU6/EM87 (1/2) 6AG11 AF AMP (1/2) 6AG11 (1) 6X4
  7. Midnight Blues

Roy Buchanan

I've been listening to Roy for 30 years now, he was an amazing player and a nice guy. I had a chance to see him in a small local club back in the 80s and he just absolutely blew me away. I like his early Polordor recordings the best, Telecaster tone to the end....
  8. Midnight Blues

MY H.H. Scott 233 and a future CD player

Mark, I found myself in a very similar situation a month or so ago. I wonderful Fisher 600 tube receiver followed me home from a good friends house, (I waited a year for him to decide to sell it to me). I had decided early on to run the 600 with a good CD player and I went back and forth on...
  9. Midnight Blues

Who all uses a line conditioner? Monster, Belkin, etc?

I'm using a Monster HTS3500 MkII as on my 2 channel rig. It seems to work very well, no change in tone or sound. I picked it up for around $130.00 plus shipping.
  10. Midnight Blues

Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player

I picked up my RCD 1072 about 2 weeks ago. Its used with my Fisher 600 tube receiver and a beautiful pair of AR2s. I have to agree what great piece. I read the reviews and then auditioned one at a local dealer, after about 4 songs I was sold. I'm happier with the sound through my setup, just a...
  11. Midnight Blues

Today's JAZZ playlist

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Buhama's Delight Amazing music...
  12. Midnight Blues

AR2s

I have them set up in the vertical position. Mine are finished on all 4 sides. I got the dates from classicspeakerpages Thanks for everyones input...
  13. Midnight Blues

AR2s

Mark, I have to tell you that in this set up these speakers lack for nothing. I've got a Rotel 1072 running into the Fisher and I've played everything from classical to blues to rock and the speakers have come through with shining colors. No problems with high end here....
  14. Midnight Blues

AR2s

1960-1964 Thanks. I had the AR2s hooked up to a nice sounding Marantz 2230 for a while, I then paired them with a newly aquired Fisher 600. With the Fisher these speakers came to life in a big way, absoleutly amazing....
  15. Midnight Blues

AR2s

Does anyone know when the AR2s were made? Thanks.
  16. Midnight Blues

Scott 222C question

Hi Nodiak, I've also got a 222C, great amp. When I first got mine it also had EL84s, it sounded good but I dedcided to replace EL84s with 7189s. 7189s are the originaly spec'ed power tubes. I think they made a difference in the way the amp sounds for the better. Here's a link to a great...
  17. Midnight Blues

Best little table radio?

I've been using a Zenith C845 high fidelity for years now and I have to say its about the best sounding radio I've ever heard. Its used daily in my kitchen, very sensitive tuner that picks up stations very well....
  18. Midnight Blues

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I've got a small collection, 2215b and a 2230. Both are mint and sound amazing. I'd like to add a 2270 or 2275....Thanks for the Marantz forum...
  19. Midnight Blues

High end interconnects

Thanks so far, I'm also going to look at the cables you folks have recommended. I just want to make sure I'm getting a good return (sound quality) for the money.
  20. Midnight Blues

High end interconnects

In looking for a pair of ICs for my CD player I've come across a nice pair of Tributaries DCA 100s 3.3M for about $40.00. The next pair up from those are in their Silver series SCA-T and the price Jumps up to about $185.00. What would justify the extra cost? Would it be somthing you could...
  21. Midnight Blues

Great, my "2nd System" sounds better than my "Main System" now...

I ordered my 1072 on wednesday, should be in begining of next week. I'm looking forward to hearing what many others have discribed as simply amazing sound. I'll be running the Rotel through my Fisher 600 and a pair of A25s or pair of AR2s...
  22. Midnight Blues

Fisher Receiver You Guys Prefer

I also have a 600, sounds wonderful. As Johncan stated the FM is mono but the 600 also has AM. Tuning is as smooth as silk and reception even with a modest antena is very good. I'm using mine more as an integrated amp, did I mention it sounds wonderful... Good luck, Dan
  23. Midnight Blues

vintage headphones..

I think we suffer the same affliction. I recently picked up a pair of vintage Pioneer SE-305 headphones. I could have bought somthing new but I really wanted a pair from the 60s or 70s. They look real nice and sound wonderful.
  24. Midnight Blues

Eastcoast meets Westcoast

Great job on the restoration. I'll agree on the ARs, I have a nice pair of AR2s in almost new condition and they sound wonderful.
  25. Midnight Blues

Switching amps and receivers

Thanks for the info...
Back
Top Bottom